National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship - Round 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 20:27
Originally posted by Westcoaster Westcoaster wrote:

Have to agree with Jerorky. Moving Homer out to the wing was a crazy decision. That effectively put him out of the game. He was man of the Match in all our books well before Islander made the announcement.
He had been our point of difference player up till then. I can understand subbing props after 60 minutes but a half back at the top of his game.....? No way.
Cracking game though in ideal conditions, well done to Ealing. Small margins.
great post this one and probably points the reason to why Jersey lost at Bedford last week. I prefer to look on the plus side and surely despite his tries today Homer was surely eclipsed for man of the match by Jake Upfield who was magnificent as was Clarey at tight head who gets better and better. For Ealing Smid & Reid are awesome but with that wonderful squad against a patched up Jersey side and all that money spent Jersey imo had the better half backs. What a lovely day to watch rugby.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:28
Sporting fixtures are being called off all over the country. Are today’s games still on?
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:30
Leeds/Amptill is off

Pirates on but another inspection at 1pm

Edited by KnightsBoy - 09 Feb 2020 at 11:31
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:52
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

Leeds/Amptill is off

I am a Pirates season ticket holder and looking at the weather outside I don't think I'll bother, The club have already said the Newlyn covered end will be closed because of the row of trees behind. I know there are financial considerations but if it were my decision I would postpone the  game. 
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:55
Trains being cancelled all over the place. Safety has to be the number 1 priority
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:58
Originally posted by Capt Sparrow Capt Sparrow wrote:

Leeds/Amptill is off

I am a Pirates season ticket holder and looking at the weather outside I don't think I'll bother, The club have already said the Newlyn covered end will be closed because of the row of trees behind. I know there are financial considerations but if it were my decision I would postpone the  game. 

Me too, Capt. I guess they can only postpone of all parties agree, but I, too will not be going (first home game I've missed in living memory!). I'm not too good mobility-wise and I could well get blown off my feet. If it goes ahead it will be a bit of a farce in these conditions.
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 13:14
Apparently the ground passed inspection - including Health and Safety - so game is on.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 13:25
The game is apparently being streamed on the pirates Facebook page.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 13:25
Ealing Trailfinders U16`s played Hammersmith and Fulham U16`s this morning !. Incredibly stormy and windy but no reason not to be played. This was played on one of the grass pitches.

The health and safety issues are trees and sheet materials flying through the air. I have driven home from Ealing and have seen three large trees down, one causing a road closure.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 13:53

The game is apparently being streamed on the pirates Facebook page.

I know it usually is but I wouldn't like to be the cameraman up on the gantry with winds of 30mph gusting up to 60 forecast.
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 15:15
HT - Pirates 17 Donny 3

3 tries & 1 Con to 1 Donny Penalty - Pirates play with the wind in 2nd half
God Bless The Apple View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Bless The Apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 15:47
Fair shout to the players, club folk and officials at both clubs for getting the Pirates v Donny game on. 
When you're tired... rest. Never quit.
Geoff DC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 16:10
FT Pirates 27 Donny 10
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 16:14
Good BP win for Pirates - conditions not too bad in the end.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 16:17
Just like to thank the Pirates for streaming the game,  πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Pirate Pig View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 19:15
Conditions were surprisingly good considering the threat of storm Ciara and the pitch held up well in front of a crowd of 1285.
The Pirates had a superb opening 40 minutes playing into a strong southwesterly controlling possession and going through multiple phases to score 3 tries and restricting Donny to a single penalty.
The 2nd half was more evenly matched with the pirates finishing strongly to score with the final play after Donny had scored a well worked try of their own.
Very pleased with the 5pts ahead of next weeks clash at Newcastle.

Edited by Pirate Pig - 09 Feb 2020 at 20:51
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:42
Watching on Facebook, I’m afraid Donny offered nothing at all in the first half even with the benefit of the wind. The changes made to the backs for the second half made a big difference and, from a Pirates perspective it was a bit disappointing to only score two more tries with the wind advantage.
Apparently the heavens opened shortly after the end of the match so the weather was pretty kind. 
Mark Smith View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

aka 'Ramshackle Smith'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:42
Video highlights from Hartpury 5 Falcons 26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWQx2sT0B8
Albert Fishwick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 20:15
The Carnegie-Ampthill game has been re-arranged for Saturday 22nd February, a rare treat in these parts.
That's easy for you to say.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 07:18
Saturday rugby for Leeds - enjoy the day Albert.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic