National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Championship - Round 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 13:50
Thanks. It would have to be one of the few Saturdays in the year when I also have to be out in the evening.
That's easy for you to say.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 14:24
On the bright side Albert (if there is one) it will probably be all Saturday afternoons next term. And more of them in a properly-competitive sense.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 21:59
Albert Fishwick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 22:51
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

On the bright side Albert (if there is one) it will probably be all Saturday afternoons next term. And more of them in a properly-competitive sense.

If we're still here.  Phil Davies's return suggested there could be life after relegation but I wonder if our current backers will be pondering this anew after the RFU announcement.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 14:44
10-19 at half time, 1 try to 3. The rain finally relented a few hours ago but it's still blooming windy.  Will Carnegie do their usual leaky sieve impression in the second half?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 15:09
10-26, BP secured. Carnegie 6 binned.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 15:22
10-40, turning decidedly chilly now.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 15:43
Leaky sieve it was. Final score 10-52.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 15:48
Albert, I feel for you, you are obviously a very loyal fan. Surely even you must have wished the RFU had relegated YC, a few seasons in the National leagues would have given YC time to see if there really is a desire for Union in Leeds! YC's inclusion in Championship has ensured most games have no meaning as no promotion or relegation jeopardy this season!!!

But last weeks actions of the RFU only goes to prove they have no ideas how to run the game!!!
Run with it
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 19:21
I am a Yorkshire based Ampthill supporter so I was able to attend today’s game. My team continue to amaze me as they keep on grinding out the wins in their first season in The Championship, and they now sit comfortably in fifth spot. But I am posting here to say I have nothing but respect for the players and supporters of Yorkshire Carnegie. They have lost all thirteen games but I have now watched them twice and on both occasions they have never given up, always given their best, and sometimes, with a little bit more luck, would have scored far more points. Unfortunately the club’s finances are a mess, they are just about certain to be relegated, and I fear they might well fold before the start of the next season. I feel they need to cut all ties with the old administrators, move away from Headingley for now, perhaps team up with a club like West Park Bramhope, take a few seasons to rebuild, and then see where they are. Or is this too simple a view?
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 19:56
Fair play 
Good post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic