National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - South West Premier - Week 19 - Prediction League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

South West Premier - Week 19 - Prediction League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Front Jumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 18:17
Drybrook
Exeter Uni
Exmouth
Barnstaple
Launceston
Maidenhead
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 19:12
Well, Okehampton have told us they won’t be travelling tomorrow, so it doesn’t look like the game at Braywick will be on.

No idea what the RFU stance will be on this, as the pitch is perfectly playable, so definitely to be continued...
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 20:14
Originally posted by Mr KFC Mr KFC wrote:

Drybrook
Exeter University
Exmouth
Barnstaple
Launceston v Weston-super-Mare - Not an ideal postponement if Easter Sat is the next date
Okehampton - Gone for a surprise here based on Okey selection and the “interesting” new signing at 15!

I'm not entirely sure I can allow predictions based on extra curricular insider information Wink LOL
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
braders1875 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braders1875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 20:20

Drybrook 
 Brixham
Exmouth 
Barnstaple
Weston-super-Mare
Okehampton

Live tweets from Brixham 1st XV games plus club updates and news @braders1875
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 20:21

Drybrook
Exeter University
Exmouth
Barnstaple
Launceston v Weston-super-Mare - Not an ideal postponement if Easter Sat is the next date
Okehampton - Gone for a surprise here based on Okey selection and the “interesting” new signing at 15!

If I wasn't watching Gloucester v Exeter I'd have thought they'd signed Stuart Hogg the way you lot are going on about this new 15 LOL
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braders1875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 22:00
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

Drybrook
Exeter University
Exmouth
Barnstaple

If I wasn't watching Gloucester v Exeter I'd have thought they'd signed Stuart Hogg the way you lot are going on about this new 15 LOL

It's when the 3rd brother turns up at 7 you will definitely back them.But I am holding out on him returning to Brixham when time is right.😀
Brixphil View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brixphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 09:05
Drybrook
Brixham
Exmouth
Barnstaple
Weston-super-Mare 
Maidenhead
Who Knows Where The Time Goes
Right Flanker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Right Flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:09
Drybrook
University
Exmouth
Barum
WSM
Maidenhead
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Right Flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:11
If the Okehampton signing is true, I really am not sure this is in the spirit of the game. Perhaps Maidenhead should play their world cup winning centre.
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:28
Originally posted by Right Flanker Right Flanker wrote:

If the Okehampton signing is true, I really am not sure this is in the spirit of the game. Perhaps Maidenhead should play their world cup winning centre.

They messaged yesterday, to say that he had withdrawn, and then messaged again to say they wouldn’t be travelling.
Mr KFC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr KFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:32
So, one way or another Okehampton don’t seem to be covering themselves in glory over the last couple of days!

I suppose it has at least given us something to talk about to make up for the lack of games, bloody weather!
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:52
I don't know which way Barum will go to get to Ivybridge but the shortest route would be via Plymouth I guess - this could involve going over parts of Dartmoor!. I guess a safer way would be via Exeter.
Either way the two games that are still on are going to be a lottery in this weather. 100% chance of rain and 70mph winds forecast for Ivybridge this afternoon Ouch

Edited by Barum man - 15 Feb 2020 at 11:05
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 11:11
Drybrook
Exeter University
Exmouth
Barnstaple
Weston-super-Mare
Maidenhead
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
NewburyBlue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewburyBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 13:18
Okes twitter account indicates they got RFU blessing to cancel b4 doing so
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 13:39
Originally posted by NewburyBlue NewburyBlue wrote:

Okes twitter account indicates they got RFU blessing to cancel b4 doing so

You may read it that way, but I don’t.

IF they had approval from the RFU, it’s the first we’ve heard from it. 

The away team being able to inform the home side the day before, that they will not be travelling to play a game, on a pitch that is perfectly playable, sets a dangerous precedent.
Madfrog View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 15:36
Maidsboy I think that player and supporter safety is paramount today .
I have absolutely know doubt that your 4g pitch is perfectly playable .
But the travel conditions are absolutely horrendous and really not safe to travel that far and not worth the risk to the players support staff and supporters .
Please think about the area we live in a farming area !! Many of our players are farmers and there is a real danger to the families and livestock , trying to keep everything safe . 
We are all disappointed to not be either playing or watching our teams today but at least everyone will be at home safe and available next week when the weather is calmer . 
I'd also like to point out all your home games were cancelled due to player and supporter safety last week , which is the right call.
On a separate post playing a player that is registered to play for your club is not in the spirit of the game !! Come on its comments like that that aren't in the spirit of the game !!

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braders1875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 17:26
So the 2 fixtures that survived were...

Exeter Uni 16-22 Brixham (ignore RFU score ?)
Ivybridge   17-10 Barnstaple
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Right Flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 09:13
I think you will find that he is not allowed to play for a level 4 club because he is deemed to good for that level, having played international and premiership rugby, imagine what damage he could do if he was a prop. When Matt Jess played for Newton Abbott he scored at least 2 tries every week and put them at the top of the league.
In your post you championed player welfare, could this be a case of double standards and rose tinted glasses.
The RFU rules say it is ok for him to play level 5 rugby which is a farce, but then we have come to expect this from our lord and masters.
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:01
Originally posted by Madfrog Madfrog wrote:

Maidsboy I think that player and supporter safety is paramount today .
I have absolutely know doubt that your 4g pitch is perfectly playable .
But the travel conditions are absolutely horrendous and really not safe to travel that far and not worth the risk to the players support staff and supporters .
Please think about the area we live in a farming area !! Many of our players are farmers and there is a real danger to the families and livestock , trying to keep everything safe . 
We are all disappointed to not be either playing or watching our teams today but at least everyone will be at home safe and available next week when the weather is calmer . 
I'd also like to point out all your home games were cancelled due to player and supporter safety last week , which is the right call.
On a separate post playing a player that is registered to play for your club is not in the spirit of the game !! Come on its comments like that that aren't in the spirit of the game !!

If travel conditions were that bad, then SW RFU should have implemented a blanket ban, both Brixham and Barnstaple travelled through Devon yesterday, so could really have been ‘that’ bad? I actually DO have some empathy for the situation, and I believe a fair outcome, would be for Maids to take the points, but no punishment for Oke. Alas, in their infinite wisdom, the RFU have ordered the game to take place next Saturday, with lots of our players now scrambling around changing flight dates, and withdrawing from other activities having been given the week off.
So, after having a perfectly playable pitch, we are now given a big disadvantage, which is wholly unfair.

Yes, you point out (as many others gleefully did on Twitter), that last Sunday we called off all activity at the club due to Storm Ciara, to which my response would be:
A) surely that illustrates we do care about player and spectator safety, and if we deemed yesterday’s pitch or travel conditions to be unsuitable/unsafe, then we would have called it.
B) we have only one 3G pitch. 95% of the youth section that day would have had to play under water in grass pitches
C) they were kids
D) the conditions were far worse last weekend than this one

Regarding your selection of Delon Armitage, the post questioning the validity and fairness of that decision did not come from me. I actually think you are doing nothing wrong there, and have no issue with it.

Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 11:23
Originally posted by Right Flanker Right Flanker wrote:

I think you will find that he is not allowed to play for a level 4 club because he is deemed to good for that level, having played international and premiership rugby, imagine what damage he could do if he was a prop. When Matt Jess played for Newton Abbott he scored at least 2 tries every week and put them at the top of the league.
In your post you championed player welfare, could this be a case of double standards and rose tinted glasses.
The RFU rules say it is ok for him to play level 5 rugby which is a farce, but then we have come to expect this from our lord and masters.

This is nonsense. 

1, He is allowed to play. No rules state you can't play a certain level because of previous standard played - that would be discriminatory. Also, did you complain when world cup winner Mike Tindall played for North Tawton in Devon 1, or Minchinhampton in Gloucs 3? 
2, He's been retired for 9 months so not making an immediate step down. 
3, Matt Jess didn't score at least two tries a game, and didn't put NA top of the league - or have I forgotten that they were promoted to Nat 2? Also, he played against my club on at least 2 occasions and scored a sum total of 0 tries...

My only issue with Delon Armitage playing would be that I heard a rumour he will only play away games which are close(ish) to London, i.e. Bracknell and Maids. If that's true I don't think that's great for team cohesion... so could harm more than it helps? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic