National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - South West Premier - Week 19 - Prediction League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

South West Premier - Week 19 - Prediction League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 12:34
Hi guys, just for info I won't do the up date to the league this week as it's not worth faffing about. I'll wait until all the results are in. 
Cheers FP
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
trftrf View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trftrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 16:29
MAIDENHEAD V OKEHAMPTON has been rearranged for this coming Saturday February 22

rogthall
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 16:56
Originally posted by trftrf trftrf wrote:

MAIDENHEAD V OKEHAMPTON has been rearranged for this coming Saturday February 22

I've put the fixtures up for next week
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
braders1875 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braders1875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 20:42
Believe me,the travel from Brixham to Exeter was horrendous,but spare a thought for Barnstaple reserves who I believe travelled to Ivybridge to be told that the pitches were not playable, Brixham Colts team were due to play at Ivy also but did not travel,they would have been in the same situation after being told pitches were good,no pitch fit to play on also.

Edited by braders1875 - 16 Feb 2020 at 20:49
Live tweets from Brixham 1st XV games plus club updates and news @braders1875
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:04
Barnstaple reserves who I believe travelled to Ivybridge to be told that the pitches were not playable,
Could they not have played straight after the 1st team on the Plastic pitch?
LockNLoader View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockNLoader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:37
Apologies friends! 

Simply very selfish from me and completely forgetting although the Blues had a week off the league continued due to 13 in the league this season! Thank you BarumMan! 
#COYB
Heart of Oke View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of Oke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 13:20
Holy Moley!!

Wish I hadn’t been pointed in this direction or read what some of you have written.

I feel I may have to put a few things straight on the MRFC V ORFC ‘Okehampton not covering themselves in glory’ thing as it couldn’t be further from the truth.

The decision not to travel genuinely was down to player and supporter safety, Devon is still pretty much suffering especially the rural/farmer community that make up a large part of our squad/club, I know the lads are still dealing with blocked drains, trees blown down and broken fences after storm Dennis but I hear it wasn’t so bad up towards Maidenhead.

Supporters of rugby seem to have forgotten this is a game and the lads play it for enjoyment, travelling 400 miles in Yellow/Amber weather warnings for a level 5 game of rugby while hoping everything is ok back home, or when loved ones are wondering if the traveling players and supporters are ok on the road is no fun, the actual decision came not to travel when the thought of who would actually be held accountable if something were to happen after being warned not to travel, and the blame would have almost certainly been laid at the doorstep of the ORFC management and that is something I am certainly not willing to shoulder for the rest of my life over a game of level 5 rugby especially when the result wasn’t particularly important.

In an email where I replied to accusations of cheating and using the weather as an excuse to cover an injury problem from MRFC, I did state if it meant that much to Maidenhead they were welcome to the points and I meant that.

As to the Delon thing after he offered his services I actually saw that as a golden opportunity for all 30 players on the pitch to be able to experience playing with someone of that calibre, to be able to add that to their rugby playing cv saying I played for or against him, shame my intentions seem to be misconstrued to something of a must win attitude, in my opinion 1 player does not make a team and after some time out the game I doubt he would have made a huge difference but to the players playing with or against him it would have potentially been something to talk about in the bar over a beer for the rest of their lives. On player selection our fullback asked not to play as he was travelling abroad the next day so again it fitted well without upsetting anyone.

We’re actually in the same boat as Maidenhead losing some key players who are not available next weekend, therefore I be happy to change the game to the free weekend in March if that’s what Maidenhead want, we have a few boys away on a stag that weekend but it will give other lads an opportunity to play 1s rugby before next season.

We really do need to get back to putting the enjoyment side of rugby first at this level and get rid of this win at all cost mind game mentality, this isn’t Prem/Champ rugby where livelihoods depend on results, I’m not particularly bothered about what level ORFC play at as long as the boys enjoy what they’re doing, none of the players get paid at ORFC only the coaches, I was taken by surprise when I was told at Barnstaple they couldn’t compete with our player budget, a club that charges £10 to watch level 5 rugby and gets some great crowds!! I’d be very surprised if they couldn’t afford to pay a 2 beer win bonus, but hey that’s what happens when people throw out comments on things they know nothing about!

As supporters of the game please get back to how it used to be, win or lose on the booze, supporting and encouraging all teams and players at this level, it’s a great grass roots level that still doesn’t have to taken too seriously, if that’s not what you want pump a load of money in and go to a level where rugby should be taken more seriously, ORFC are privilege to be playing at this level and while I'm involved enjoyment will always be put first and if safety gets in the way of that I’ll do the same again.

Keep up the great work with your prediction stuff, enjoyable to read.
Mr KFC View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr KFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:41
Welcome to the forum Heart of Oke!

An excellent and passionate defence of your club and the circumstances that have clearly caused much debate both on here and in through other channels, good on you for clearing up the various situations.

Without splitting hairs, we charge £8 to get in for non members at Barum (was 10 when were in Nat 2) also good to see your candidness and clarity regarding only paying your coaches and not players, is it safe to assume that was the case last season also (ie only coaches head, forwards and backs)?

Again, good to have an Okes voice on the forum even if your first taste wasn’t perhaps the best introduction, we’re not a bad bunch on here as a rule (well that’s my experience at least)

Heart of Oke View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of Oke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 15:28
Thank you and apologies!! Prime example of saying something before checking the facts!

Not paying players has always been the case since I have been there and will hopefully remain the same it assists with the squad cohesion, which is huge as we don’t really get any outsiders coming to the club, i haven’t crunched the numbers on this but at an honest guess id say 90% of the players have come through the youth system, something the club are very proud of, very lucky to have the colts, junior and mini coaches giving up their Friday’s and Sunday’s bringing the youth on, we’d be Rhubarbed without them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic