National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Midlands Premier Prediction league Catch up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midlands Premier Prediction league Catch up
    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 15:31
This weeks fixtures
Week 20 rearranged 

Newport (Salop) v Bournville Thursday night. Think this is at Avery fields if previous post is correct. 

Broadstreet v Sheffield from Week 14 I think Thatbloke is sitting on a full house here. 

Burton v Bromsgrove
Kettering v Bridgnorth
Paviors v Sandbach

Looking at the fixtures on RFU website the remaining 2 fixtures will be played on the Super Saturday week end. At which point I will bring week 20 up to date. 
It may be better to predict for the Broadstreet game judging by the recent change of fortunes of both Broadstreet and Sheffield. Wink

"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 18:42
Paviors Sandbach rearranged for 14th March
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 21:58
Originally posted by Penda Penda wrote:

Paviors Sandbach rearranged for 14th March

Go on then giz a clue. 
B4L View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 08:12
Pavs Vs Sandbach now this Saturday
Bin Licker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bin Licker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:48
Is that right Newport agreed to switch game to BV? Presumably struggling to get a full strength team out on Saturday.
Seems strange fore going the gate and bar takings and advantage of home game with internationals on just to get game played and having to travel over to Brum for an evening KO? Winning more important than atmosphere in club and associated money? How far is Port to BV in traffic? 
Will stick with my prediction for BV.

Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:21
As I understand it, Paviors and Sandbach agreed the 14th but were then told in no uncertain terms by the League that if the game wasn't played this next Saturday(22nd) both sides would be docked 5 points. 

Suspect both sides may have player unavailability problems.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:59
Originally posted by Penda Penda wrote:

As I understand it, Paviors and Sandbach agreed the 14th but were then told in no uncertain terms by the League that if the game wasn't played this next Saturday(22nd) both sides would be docked 5 points. 

Suspect both sides may have player unavailability problems.

Thought it strange you would have a choice, could be an interesting week in the prediction league. 

So this weeks league game predictions stay the same guys.
Stinger View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 15:15
Crazy situation where teams are being forced to play their game on or before the next available Saturday. Players have very few weekends off and many, especially those with families, schedule other activities well in advance. If clubs are to retain the very necessary support of families then there should be greater flexibility shown. Just my opinion.
Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your dog.     
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 17:36
Originally posted by Bin Licker Bin Licker wrote:

How far is Port to BV in traffic? 

It's 33 miles M54/M5 Just over an hour in traffic. 
Although it depends where the players are based.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 21:04
Well my guesses this week have changed.

Newport (Salop) v Bournville HW Even tougher to call now that Newport have decided to play away. Must have some confidence to do so. Sticking with my original guess and with Thatbloke and OFTD & BELIEVE Wink

Burton v Bromsgrove AW Bromsgrove on form at present Burton appear to play better away from home

Paviors Sandbach HW Another game which is difficult to call. Changed my mind and going home with I'm guessing much changed sides going with home advantage.

Broadstreet v Sheffield HW Purely based on current form. When the game was due to be played it was a no brainer however I'm now wondering how much Sheffield want the chance of promotion?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 22:24
Rules is Rules!!
It has always been the case in the Midlands that postponed games HAVE to be played on or before the next available Saturday which is why I was surprised to see Penda's earlier post giving a March date for Pavs v Bach
I think they are a bit more flexible/sympathetic in the North
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 09:28
Originally posted by Stinger Stinger wrote:

Crazy situation where teams are being forced to play their game on or before the next available Saturday. Players have very few weekends off and many, especially those with families, schedule other activities well in advance. If clubs are to retain the very necessary support of families then there should be greater flexibility shown. Just my opinion.

Half term as well.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 19:21
Revised predictions for this week
Newport v Bournville HOME
Broadstreet v Sheffield AWAY
Burton v Bromsgrove AWAY
Kettering v Bridgnorth AWAY
Paviors v Sandbach HOME
Welshwonder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 20:16
My revised?  predictions for catch up week.

Bournville AW   

Sheffield  AW

Bromsgrove  AW

Bridgnorth  AW

Sandbach  AW

Hmmm , 5 away wins.....what could go wrong??
Welshwonder
Rala10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rala10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 08:13
Revised prediction as follows:-

Newport v Bournville HW
Broad St v Sheffield HW
Burton v Bromsgrove AW
Kettering v Bridgnorth AW
Paviors v Sandbach HW
One For The Ditch View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One For The Ditch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 11:14
FP, I am going to stick with my original guesses:
Burton v Bromsgrove = AW Burton
Doncaster Phoenix v Broadstreet = HW Doncaster
Kettering v Bridgnorth =AW Bridgnorth
Newport (Salop) v Bournville =HW Newport
Paviors v Sandbach = AW Sandbach
Sheffield v Nuneaton = HW Sheffield

Looking forward to our trip to Brum this evening and a pre-match slurry in one of Bearwood's finest!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 17:30
Originally posted by One For The Ditch One For The Ditch wrote:

FP, I am going to stick with my original guesses:
Burton v Bromsgrove = AW Burton
Doncaster Phoenix v Broadstreet = HW Doncaster (Not this week) 
Kettering v Bridgnorth =AW Bridgnorth
Newport (Salop) v Bournville =HW Newport
Paviors v Sandbach = AW Sandbach

Sheffield v Nuneaton = HW Sheffield (Not this week)

Looking forward to our trip to Brum this evening and a pre-match slurry in one of Bearwood's finest!

Now OFTD now you've confused me. Phoenix aren't playing this week, 
Sheffield are playing Broadstreet an earlier postponed fixture. Can you just put predictions in for the ones I've put up. 
Richmids View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 22:10
Here are my revised predictions

Newport v Bournville AW
Broadstreet v Sheffield AW
Burton v Bromsgrove HW
Kettering v Bridgnorth AW
Paviors v Sandbach AW
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 23:36
In case anyone didn't know the result at Avery Fields was 

Newport (Salop) 30 v Bournville 25 FT
Maryvale View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryvale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 07:42
Really enjoyable game last night at avery,credit to Newport in their deserved victory,both sides played a fast hi tempo game and some fine rugby on show.newports execution at pace was a major factor in their victory .Good luck to them for the rest of the season.going to be an interesting run in with maybe some more twists to come.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic