National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

No Benefit in Promoton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Benefit in Promoton
    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:11
Surely no-one is seriously think lying any benefit???
If you're not on the pitch you can't win the game
Park Ranger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:13
No money - no benefit - no fun
Alderman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:16
At least two games against Sarries?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:23
Promotion is now bad news - who knows what the players of Richmond and Park are discussing in their pubs and wine bars - I have certainly been debating the RFU announcement today and have now increased my sponsorship to keep National One the place to be .......
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:39
I think you will find Alderman that money and not sport will prevail - hey I'm one of the only few people alive that was a very posh schoolboy in 1966 just around the corner from Rosslyn Park that visited the Bank of England Training Ground the day before we beat the West Germans in the round ball game - of course I have several autographs in my book - I remember the very tall Charlton brother - but Sir Alf certainly didn't do autographs - very happy days
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 14:54
I think many in NAT 2 N&S think the same. The proposed diluting of level 4 will undoubtedly make many want to gain promotion to maintain quality rugby.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 18:07
Backrowb I am not sure the players of Canterbury or Hull Ionians have enjoyed their promotion this season. If the change of structure means 3 leagues of 14 at level 4 then that brings only 3 or 4 new clubs into each division of 12-there would have been 2 new clubs under the current system. I concede potentially a slight dilution but 26 instead of 30 league matches and less travelling seem good compensation.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 18:11
Park Ranger i would think the players of R Park, Richmond and Chinnor are excited about the prospect. Much more chance of them being competitive with Nottingham, L Scots, Doncaster, Hartpury, Ampthill and even more of the Bedford squad not being full time.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 19:23
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

Park Ranger i would think the players of R Park, Richmond and Chinnor are excited about the prospect. Much more chance of them being competitive with Nottingham, L Scots, Doncaster, Hartpury, Ampthill and even more of the Bedford squad not being full time.

What about the players of Rams, who have a game in hand (v Hull I) that could bring them right into the mix? And even Club, who also have a game in hand, although I admit they're outsiders and would probably have to get 39/40 points to get close?

Agree with marigold that p/t clubs may cope better in the Ch'ship in the future. Mond managed it before until they went down in what I shall refer to as, ahem, 'unfortunate circumstances.'
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 08:29
Yes, London and SE clubs could survive in the Championship as they have the big money. Clubs in the north much less chance of competing. North South divide is destroying the game in the North.
Clive Norling View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clive Norling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 09:03
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

What about the players of Rams, who have a game in hand (v Hull I) that could bring them right into the mix? And even Club, who also have a game in hand, although I admit they're outsiders and would probably have to get 39/40 points to get close?

Agree with marigold that p/t clubs may cope better in the Ch'ship in the future. Mond managed it before until they went down in what I shall refer to as, ahem, 'unfortunate circumstances.'

I fundamentally and passionately DISAGREE with the the way the RFU have handled the funding in the Championship BUT as a major sponsor of RAMS, it would help us considerably if some of the clubs in level 2 were to go part time ....
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 13:58
Originally posted by Clive Norling Clive Norling wrote:

I fundamentally and passionately DISAGREE with the the way the RFU have handled the funding in the Championship BUT as a major sponsor of RAMS, it would help us considerably if some of the clubs in level 2 were to go part time ....
the way it's going and the uncertain future of Greene King sponsorship I feel most teams aprt from Sarries will be part time.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 17:15
Originally posted by Toulouse Toulouse wrote:

Originally posted by Clive Norling Clive Norling wrote:

the way it's going and the uncertain future of Greene King sponsorship I feel most teams aprt from Sarries will be part time.
Cov's Chairman, Jon Sharp, stated quite categorically on the BBC last Wednesday evening that they would remain full-time pro.

So, we'll see.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 21:00
Jersey's Chairman has also pledged that the Reds will remain full-time in 2020/21
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 21:06
Bearing in mind that I was led to believe Doncaster remained on Championship budgets for the year they were in N1 I would be surprised if their status quo didn't remain as well.

Edited by Raider999 - 18 Feb 2020 at 21:07
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic