National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - North Premier Prediction League -Week 22 results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North Premier Prediction League -Week 22 results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Premier Prediction League -Week 22 results
    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 09:38
Morning all, Week 22 results

Blackburn 26  - 5 Alnwick 5 - 0  +10

Harrogate 29- 26 Rossendale  5 -  2  -10

Ilkley  5 - 32 Blaydon  0-5   +10

Kirkby Lonsdale 29 - 14 Lymm  5- 0  +10

Sandal 35  - 32 Morpeth  5 - 2  -10

Carlisle vs Billingham  OFF

Macclesfield vs Wirral  OFF

Harrogate  had a terrific battle to see off Rossendale as did Sandal who got the victory over Morpeth.
There were comfortable wins for Blackburn, Kirkby Lonsdale  and Blaydon over Alnwick , Lymm and Ilkley. 
Blaydon maintain top spot on 85 points with Sandal 4 behind on 81, Harrogate in third on 80 points with Billingham and Macclesfield on 75 points in 4th and 5th position but they have games in hand . Ilkley after their loss are confirmed as relegated after a disappointing season. Just above in the drop zone are Carlisle  Morpeth Alnwick and Wirral, of these Morpeth may be the most vulnerable having only 4 games to play while others have games to make up.
Given the current situation within the country with the Coronavirus  , there may be some doubt if the season can be completed, I will post next weeks fixtures in the hope the games can be played later today.

Edited by Welshwonder - 15 Mar 2020 at 12:05
Welshwonder
Willy Mclintosh View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy Mclintosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 12:08
I have totted up last weeks scores and updated the league table below. It's looking like it will be a while till I will need to do it again !

Two games were postponed so peoples scores this week were not too bad, very similar predictions from most of us on last weeks games with just the Blackburn V Alnwick and Kirkby Lonsdale v Lymm games where we were not agreeing on who would get the points.

WK22     Total
Willy Mclintosh     75     1690
Welshwonder     75     1640
tulip     70     1600
Hopper     55     1500
Richard Lowther     75     1500
Puli     60     1495
Coldwarwarrier          1330
Pristine Shorts     75     1445
Know All     90     1490
RAL 3020     75     1480
BuzzKillington     60     1440
Silverfish     70     1430
Whaa Hoo Wilkey     70     1420
Round to oval     75     1410
Seaside Prop     60     1380
Count Ford          1190
office dweller     60     1310
billinghamoldgit          1130
oldbill10          1055
Muttley          975
No Position          785
PiffPaff          660

It's a very strange situation at the moment and the sooner things can get back to normal the better. Good luck to everyone, fingers crossed everyone stays healthy and not too bored with the complete lack of sport !

Edited by Willy Mclintosh - 18 Mar 2020 at 12:08
I have 4 and a half toilet rolls left !
RAL 3020 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAL 3020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 13:39
Thanks for the results, if as seems likely the season will be curtailed what do people think about promotion relegation etc ? Start again next season with no change to the leagues or based upon current position ?
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 15:53
If it was left as it is I think Sandal would be
happy to be in play off position although they
have by far the easiest run in of top clubs. 
Maybe as we are the North Premier Predictions 
league we should act as a “Pools Panel “and that
would decide the final positions
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 16:16
As I have commented on a number of related forum topics I think a "pools panel" is as close as we're ever going to get to the fairest outcome provided it is conducted by a regional panel with a degree of local knowledge rather than some none rugby Stato geek from the RFU.
Inevitably there will be some clubs who feel hard done by but we all have to enter this with a "No appeals, no litigation" approach. The other question, with regard to promotion play offs for runners up, is when could these games realistically take place?? 
Blutarsky View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blutarsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 17:58
Should the RFU use average points per game?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 19:03
You could but every method suggested has its flaws. The obvious one with "Average points taken from games played" is that it takes no account of the form teams finishing strongly (Some examples - Billingham won first 13 games but have lost 5 of their last 8, Sheffield currently 2nd in Midlands Prem have lost 3 of their last 6 whereas Newport (my club admittedly) have won every game since mid-December including away wins at the top 2 - Bournville & Sheffield) I'm sure there are many others these are just the ones I am familiar with
Not a criticism as we'll never find the perfect solution
Welshwonder View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 23:09
As the announcement has now been made by the RFU that there will not be any more league and cup rugby I think we have to take the league positions as final, most team had 4 games to play anyway. There have been some interesting theories put out about how the complete 26 round season would look, the pools panel is interesting  as That Bloke suggest in a previous post.
Another was the suggestion that teams with games to play should get the same points as they got when they played earlier in the season, for example if you got 4 points in your opening game and and played the same team in the last game you get 4 points again, same with 5 point wins(I actually liked this as if implemented my club would have got 20 points from 4 wins, we would still finish second)
Whatever happens now will happen for the right reasons and we will be back next season for another go , I'm sure of that.
Thoroughly enjoyed doing the results/fixtures and summaries,  I've had a blast , hope you all enjoyed the season, take care and stay safe (he said , typing this from a hospital bed in Pinderfields) .
Welshwonder
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 12:22
Sadly no more predictions. I think it appropriate to congratulate Willy as our winner this year with Welsh Wonder a close 2nd.  

Our 2 organisers. What did they know. But thanks to both of you.  Hopefully we can have a bit of fun next season 
Keep safe.       Hope you are safely out of Pinderfields now WW

Edited by tulip - 20 Apr 2020 at 12:37
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 13:07
Well done, gentlemen ! And having been this season’s whipping boys, it’s back to N1E for me. Hope to see you in September 2021 !
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 13:22
Originally posted by Pristine Shorts Pristine Shorts wrote:

Well done, gentlemen ! And having been this season’s whipping boys, it’s back to N1E for me. Hope to see you in September 2021 !
Well that's my first prediction for next season Pristine Shorts
I am certain we will Good luck

Edited by tulip - 20 Apr 2020 at 13:24
Willy Mclintosh View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy Mclintosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:29
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

Sadly no more predictions. I think it appropriate to congratulate Willy as our winner this year with Welsh Wonder a close 2nd.  

Our 2 organisers. What did they know. But thanks to both of you.  Hopefully we can have a bit of fun next season 
Keep safe.       Hope you are safely out of Pinderfields now WW

Strange way to win my first ever predictions league title.

Definately not fixed ! I tot up the scores ans Welshwonder does the commentary and we end in the top two places, especially hard for him (or is it easier) as his team isn't in this division.

Welshwonders timely posting of the weeks games and commentary is a huge improvement this year, as well as always posting the weeks results. Thank you !

I'm okay continuing to calculate late the weeks scores again when rugby resumes (whenever that will be !) but if any ones itching to do it raise your hand and it's yours ! 

Stay safe everyone.

willy

I have 4 and a half toilet rolls left !
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:55
Well played Willy for winning and organising and everyone for providing the competition.

I'll buy you that beer from our preseason bet when the game finally returns. Beer
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 16:42
Safely out of Pinderfields yes , recovering at home like the rest if the country in theory, my injury was caused by one of my own players too, and I wasn't playing, just running the touchline ....at least they couldn't accuse me of not keeping up with play!
No inside knowledge of form teams and strugglers in North Premier last season, good luck to the teams that got promoted to the league for next season, York will do well I think if they keep the team together, we had 2 cracking games against them last season, both winning each others home fixtures.
Hopefully we can emerge from this crisis and be able to start the season on time in September, I'll be here to do the summary if required , have a great summer , stay safe !

Welsh Wonder
Welshwonder
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 17:58
All the best to you and look forward to seeing at Ilkley and Cleck next season.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 14:10
Cheers PS , Stacks Field beckons for one of our local derbies next season, plenty to go at with games at Moortown, Morley, B&B, Heath and Brodlieans for Cleckheaton,  hope your keeping well and licking your wounds after a torrid season last time!
Welshwonder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic