National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

All games off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All games off
    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 20:01
Senile Said Rick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senile Said Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 23:37
14th of April that's a great help with the Country in a gradual lock-down which will probably last 12+ weeks..... The RFU need to at least give the community game a steer. The implications for some smaller clubs with this half-way house could be catastrophic. Just end the bloody season now and deal with the semantics whilst self isiolating for God's sake..... make a decision Confused
ego have a ingens perturbo snake in meus pardus
greeneyed View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeneyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:22
I agree that a decision to cancel must be made now. Apart from anything else to ask amateur or semi-pro players to restart without appropriate conditioning time is to risk long-term injuries.

Club management on and off the field must be given time to plan for whatever cones down the line.
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:26
Originally posted by greeneyed greeneyed wrote:

I agree that a decision to cancel must be made now. Apart from anything else to ask amateur or semi-pro players to restart without appropriate conditioning time is to risk long-term injuries.

Club management on and off the field must be given time to plan for whatever cones down the line.

see my post in the new thread in the clubhouse.

It's over. Everything but the prem is over. As of about 5 mins ago.
keep the faith
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:39
The decision had to be made and as ever some will be happy and some disappointed with whatever the RFUs decision is.

The fact is that we are going through times that no recent generation will have experienced, I personally feel it's going to be some very hard times until the summer.

Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:39

RFU chief executive Bill Sweeney has confirmed the 2019-20 season has been cancelled for all clubs in England, except for the Premiership.

How matters of promotion and relegation will be dealt with will be revealed next month by the RFU, as it takes steps to slow the spread of coronavirus.

If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic