National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Next Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Season
    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:53
What do you reckon?

I am Thinking:

Current league positions stand

3 leagues of 14 at Level 4

Hull  Ionians and Canterbury relegated from Nat 1

Richmond promoted From Nat 1

Tonbridge and Fylde play off for a spot in Nat 1

Yorkshire Carnegie fold so no relegation
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:04
No disagreement with that.
pappashanga
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:14
They may give the play off to Tonbridge due to better playing record (as it is unlikely that we will find ime to play it). 
Sweeney Delenda Est
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:39
Actually I would like to see the RFU use the time to work on the new structure.
And try to get it in place if we get back to rugby in September.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:41
Straight ups n downs for me, no play offs as they'd be getting played in August at this rate.

Family-Rugger-Beer...
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 09:59
Originally posted by Loo fighters Loo fighters wrote:

Straight ups n downs for me, no play offs as they'd be getting played in August at this rate.

+1 for this, and I think that's what the RFU will do because they don't want any more games. 
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 10:48
with Hull and Canterbury down replaced by Caldy and 1 from 2s..Replace Leeds with present leader in Nat 1 Sarries down Falcons up.
is it stours year yet
Offside194 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offside194 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 17:19
N&M                   S W                          S E
Fylde                      Redruth                        Tonbr
S.Pk.                              Clift                                      Henley
L.Std.                             Dings                                    BSE
Hull                               Barnst                                    Esher
Chester                          Okeh                                     O As
Tyne                              Bournv                                  Worth
Wharf                            Stourb                                    Barn
Luct                               O.Reds                                  Canterb
Sheff. Tig                      Bournm                                Westcl
 Harrog                         W.S.Mare                              Rochf
Sheff                             Maidhd                                 Guernsey
Hull Ion                        Exet. Uni                              Leic. Lions
Hudd                             Brixh                                    Hinck
Blay                       Camborne                    Sutt Eps.                           FWIW
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 18:00
Controversial Offside 194 - As would be any system applied! - It looks as though you have used the average points per game scenario leading to 3rd placed Harrogate in Northern Prem taking precedence over Sandal who sit 2nd. Slight complication - you have listed 43 clubs - only room for 42! Although I've just noticed you have "Lions" in North/Mids & Leicester in South so might be OK?? 
(Also not sure what Eps & FWIW mean at the bottom of your post - hope it's not 45 clubs??) 

Edited by Thatbloke - 23 Mar 2020 at 18:03
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 18:12
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Controversial Offside 194 - As would be any system applied! - It looks as though you have used the average points per game scenario leading to 3rd placed Harrogate in Northern Prem taking precedence over Sandal who sit 2nd. Slight complication - you have listed 43 clubs - only room for 42! Although I've just noticed you have "Lions" in North/Mids & Leicester in South so might be OK?? 
(Also not sure what Eps & FWIW mean at the bottom of your post - hope it's not 45 clubs??) 

Sutt Eps is Sutton & Epsom

I imagine FWIW is   For what it's worth?

S/W looks very weak compared to the S/E.

However, I'm not sure many want this restructuring.

Edited by Raider999 - 23 Mar 2020 at 18:14
RAID ON
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 19:38
In this scenario how many in Nat 1 and what promotion are you assuming because if Nat 1 reduces to 14 three down is very harsh if you think that the winners of each division get automatic promotion. I would say 3 winners and most points second team play ff for 2 promotion spots
So many Christians not enough Lions
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 21:03
Originally posted by Rabbie Burns Rabbie Burns wrote:

In this scenario how many in Nat 1 and what promotion are you assuming because if Nat 1 reduces to 14 three down is very harsh if you think that the winners of each division get automatic promotion. I would say 3 winners and most points second team play ff for 2 promotion spots

N1 should not be a special case - if it's 3 down in N2 then should be 3 down from N1 and the 3 winners go up, nothing for coming first losers.
RAID ON
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 22:54
I seem to recall that the RFU said there will be no alterations made to the Leagues or, the number of Clubs in the Leagues, until season 2021/22.
Also, I cannot understand why some are speculating that the RFU & NCA will ignore or abandon the regulations in place at the begining of season 2019/20?
Now that season 2019/20 is ended, some Clubs clearly occupy the promition and relegation positions in the Premiership, Championship, Nat 1 and N2N & N2S. Therefore, the simplest thing to do is to do what was intended at the begining of the season:
Saracens down and Newcastle up; York's Carnegie down and Richmond up; Rotherham, Canterbury & Hull Ionians down and Caldy, Taunton & Tonbridge up (no play off needed as after 25 matches Tonbridge have more points and more wins than Fylde).
Simple.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:07
Originally posted by Sid James Sid James wrote:

I seem to recall that the RFU said there will be no alterations made to the Leagues or, the number of Clubs in the Leagues, until season 2021/22.
Also, I cannot understand why some are speculating that the RFU & NCA will ignore or abandon the regulations in place at the begining of season 2019/20?
Now that season 2019/20 is ended, some Clubs clearly occupy the promition and relegation positions in the Premiership, Championship, Nat 1 and N2N & N2S. Therefore, the simplest thing to do is to do what was intended at the begining of the season:
Saracens down and Newcastle up; York's Carnegie down and Richmond up; Rotherham, Canterbury & Hull Ionians down and Caldy, Taunton & Tonbridge up (no play off needed as after 25 matches Tonbridge have more points and more wins than Fylde).
Simple.

Totally agree, only possible exception might be only 2 down from N1 and winners only from N2.

Very difficult to see how the play-off could be determined, although one could argue that TJs are playing in a more competitive league than Fylde (the top 4 in the South all have a better record than Fylde in the North) therefore would be at home and have a huge advantage.
RAID ON
Pilier View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 15:54
Agree with Raider, SW looks very weak, from what I have seen this season there is very little there that can compete with Redruth and Clifton, unless Dings Bristol Bears contingent are available on a regular basis.

The good thing it would give Old Reds a chance to regroup after their problems during the second half of the season.
donnyladinsheffield View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnyladinsheffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 20:24
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Simple.

Totally agree, only possible exception might be only 2 down from N1 and winners only from N2.

Very difficult to see how the play-off could be determined, although one could argue that TJs are playing in a more competitive league than Fylde (the top 4 in the South all have a better record than Fylde in the North) therefore would be at home and have a huge advantage.

Doesn't that indicate it is less competitive?
He's alright and he don't care; He's got thermal underwear
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 21:49
Originally posted by donnyladinsheffield donnyladinsheffield wrote:

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Simple.

Doesn't that indicate it is less competitive?

Definitely not, whilst N2N has one outstanding side N2S has 4 sides with better records than the 2nd place side in N2N indicating a more level and competitive league.

I would say that Caldy probably have a better chance of doing well in N1 as they are obviously an outstanding side.

However, history tells us that sides from N2N have yo-yod between N1 and N2N in recent years (e.g. Macclesfield and Hull Ionians) whereas a number of teams recently promoted from N2S are doing fairly well in N1 and above (Rams, Chinnor, Hartpury)
RAID ON
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 06:48
And Bishops Stortford, Cambridge, Old Elthamians, and dare we mention Rosslyn Park, Ealing, London Scottish, Jersey...........
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 09:38
Richmond were in London One when I started supporting them.
pappashanga
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 09:40
I recall our promotion playoff to get into National One. Caldy fought us like tigers. We had an 18 year old Kyle Sinckler in the front row.
pappashanga
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic