National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Nottingham Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:03
Nottingham updated squad shows 28 players including the six loanees from Tigers.

Odd to only have 2 locks and one fly half but 7 back rowers...

Looks a sensible size for the number of games ahead with no relegation.

How big are other clubs squads?

Forever Green.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 14:29
Originally posted by Woody Woody wrote:

I am hoping that Jersey are really big.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 15:16

Nottingham updated squad shows 28 players including the six loanees from Tigers.

Odd to only have 2 locks and one fly half but 7 back rowers...

Looks a sensible size for the number of games ahead with no relegation.

Cov, 32, and likewise quite a few who are listed as back row.
Our City,
Our Club
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 15:27
So no relegation from the Championship is confirmed-certainly sensible given no Nat One happening this season and the Scots not playing. Will the Scots be penalised for not playing as I assume they have already received money, like the rest of the Champ clubs, from the RFU for this season
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 21:10
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

So no relegation from the Championship is confirmed-certainly sensible given no Nat One happening this season and the Scots not playing. Will the Scots be penalised for not playing as I assume they have already received money, like the rest of the Champ clubs, from the RFU for this season

I wouldn't be surprised if they have to pay the money back as they are not playing.
RAID ON
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 11:44
Doncaster have 32, but we are light at loosehead, only Bomber so I expect at least one to come or long term loans
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 13:04
I count 43 for Ealing on their website.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 13:10
Jersey squad numbers 33, and that probably won't change unless some major injury concerns...
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 22:03
Blues are 31 at the moment with 1 proper fly half as Bell has left before playing. 

Tupai could cover, or we could get creative an stick a winger there like Niko or Lane. I remember a number of years ago (ND1 days probably) when we had players like Hinton and Harris both were running full backs that also played played fly half, centre and wing, it meant we had effectively 4/5 players who were as fast as wingers and we were very attack minded with a lot of pace.

Against a team like Saracens I would be tempted to put someone like Temm (mobile and fast No. 8) at fly half or inside centre for his defence and get an extra back row on the pitch for turnovers/slowing up their ball.
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 09:49
I think all teams will use the Ealing and Saracens games as training and will rotate.  Leave the two of them to it.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 09:59
Bedfordian -I bet strongly that will not be the case when Saracens go to Penzance on March 6th .......
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:54
Nottingham now 27 as Heffernan has joined saints.
Rubbish timing.
Forever Green.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:26
Woody 27 is quite a small number given a match day squad of 23 required. Unless 3 of the spare 4 players are front row they will not be able to put out a squad for a match if they have a front row injury.  Are there others that can be called upon or will they have to dual register?
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 13:17
I expect we will look to Wasps or Nottingham Trent University in that case.
Could easily see Heffernan being loaned back to us though.

I think it is a sensible number considering we are not playing for anything this season. Not going to be top two and there is no relegation so why bother?

I think Scottish have the right idea myself. Why expose the club financially for nothing?
Forever Green.
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 13:55
For all the eloquent reasons My Woody has put forward.  If you have a small squad why risk it against the two teams massively ahead of anyone else.

maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 03:19

I expect we will look to Wasps or Nottingham Trent University in that case.
Could easily see Heffernan being loaned back to us though.

I think it is a sensible number considering we are not playing for anything this season. Not going to be top two and there is no relegation so why bother?

I think Scottish have the right idea myself. Why expose the club financially for nothing?

Think itโ€™s 28 with Josh McNulty. I thought the general idea this season was that we utilized NTU more? 

Edited by maire23 - 17 Feb 2021 at 03:22
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 08:39
Interesting that the the report asserts that Josh started his career at Worcester. Broadstreet and Cov evidently don't exist.
(Yes I realise they probably just lifted it from Wikipedia and don't know the full story. It's the way of the rugby world these days ๐Ÿ˜‰).
Our City,
Our Club
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 09:53
Richmond have 38.
pappashanga
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 21:33
Nottingham now up to 34 with six NTU students added. 10 back rowers in that total...
Forever Green.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 09:16
Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

I think all teams will use the Ealing and Saracens games as training and will rotate.  Leave the two of them to it.

Thats the spirit !

No team should under estimate Bedford Blues especially Ealing Trailfinders and Saracens. 
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic