National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Nottingham Rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:53
Dont think Pirates at home to Saracens is a foregone conclusion.
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 14:35
Saracens will struggle at Mennaye. Pirates are always difficult to beat at home.
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 16:10
Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

Saracens will struggle at Mennaye. Pirates are always difficult to beat at home.

I always thought they were better at sea. Wink
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 16:59
Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

I always thought they were better at sea. Wink

Aaaaargh you serious?
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 18:11
Originally posted by Bedfordian Bedfordian wrote:

For all the eloquent reasons My Woody has put forward.  If you have a small squad why risk it against the two teams massively ahead of anyone else.

I struggle to understand this attitude and can not believe for one moment any player in the Bedford Blues squad and including the Saints players or any the coaching staff would agree with you. Several times on here Bedford `supporters` have stated ` nothing to play for` ` why bother` . I believe you do your own team a massive injustice to assume that they will concede before stepping on to the pitch. 

Rugby teams pull off the most astounding victories against , on paper and form better teams and I believe that is one of the main reasons we love our sport. Some of us travel the length and breadth of the country to watch our team win or lose.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 19:36
Totally agree with you, I would not expect capitulation and I travel all over the place to support the team.

I intend to Travel to Ealing for the second to last match of the season 22/05/21 if permitted, and hope to be playing a match to make it to the finals. If we lose it won’t be because we didn’t try
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 14:11
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Totally agree with you, I would not expect capitulation and I travel all over the place to support the team.

I intend to Travel to Ealing for the second to last match of the season 22/05/21 if permitted, and hope to be playing a match to make it to the finals. If we lose it won’t be because we didn’t try
I fully agree with this although sadly I know it happens and its particularly harsh on travelling supporters who follow their team in the hope of seeing them beat the top team. I've been lucky enough to see Jersey beat Bris away in the year they won promotion but I also traveled up to Kingston Park to see them lose a cracking match against Falcons when Jersey fielded a team without Guy Thompson (surely one of the best players to ever wear a Jersey Red Shirt). I think GT played in every match that season - except the games against Falcons. Sarries and Ealing are IMO the outstanding clubs this season but they should be the fixtures every other team should field their best team and bust a gut to win. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 14:18
Thompson also played for Richmond before Jersey tempted him away. No doubt he'll be facing his old team in the friendly on Saturday. Not sure whether any of his old teammates are still playing.
pappashanga
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 14:50
Will the game be streamed? Be nice to watch it if it is
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 15:26
The Pirates v Jersey match is streamed at 2pm. I think England have a match sometime after that.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 19:19
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

Thompson also played for Richmond before Jersey tempted him away. No doubt he'll be facing his old team in the friendly on Saturday. Not sure whether any of his old teammates are still playing.
Pappashanga a certain prop !!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 21:23
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

I fully agree with this although sadly I know it happens and its particularly harsh on travelling supporters who follow their team in the hope of seeing them beat the top team. I've been lucky enough to see Jersey beat Bris away in the year they won promotion but I also traveled up to Kingston Park to see them lose a cracking match against Falcons when Jersey fielded a team without Guy Thompson (surely one of the best players to ever wear a Jersey Red Shirt). I think GT played in every match that season - except the games against Falcons. Sarries and Ealing are IMO the outstanding clubs this season but they should be the fixtures every other team should field their best team and bust a gut to win. 

I've wondered a few times if Ealing has suffered a bit in terms of attendance because visiting fans see the result as a foregone conclusion (at least over the past 3-4 seasons). For example, the London Scottish and Richmond games have not been especially well attended even though it is an easy 15-20 minute drive.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 08:02
There are a lot of Championship clubs that don't have travelling support of any great numbers - not sure if this is the case with Richmond and Scottish (although I know we have welcomed supporters from both clubs at Donny - those could easily have been exiles). I just enjoy the game too much, so if the one who must be obeyed has not scheduled something on an away day I will try my hardest to go irrespective of the possible outcome. 

It would have been good to see what crowds Sarries would have generated at away games - but as there will only be a few games where this is possible we won't really know unless they are beaten to the post and spend another season languishing in the Championship. But if that happens Donny will be in the premiership so we won't know for another year :-)  . 
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 14:56
So i thought I had a full list of all the players signed up or loan to Nottingham this season 41 of them.

However the team for Sunday has three new names I must have missed. Can anyone enlighten me? They are not on the website or in any announcements as far as I can see...

Wing - Luke Mehson
Centre - Will Simmonds
Full Back - Ed Coulson

Thanks
Forever Green.
isleonian View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 15:04

….. But if that happens Donny will be in the premiership so we won't know for another year :-)  . 

Shhhh castleparknight, do keep it a secret, need to catch such as Sarries, Trailfinders and Pirates unaware!
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 15:37
Originally posted by Woody Woody wrote:

So i thought I had a full list of all the players signed up or loan to Nottingham this season 41 of them.

However the team for Sunday has three new names I must have missed. Can anyone enlighten me? They are not on the website or in any announcements as far as I can see...

Wing - Luke Mehson
Centre - Will Simmonds
Full Back - Ed Coulson

Thanks

Ed coulson had been at Bedford for a couple of years. The ultimate utility player having played every position between 10-15 and had also played minutes at scrum half and even flanker in his time here! Was forced to play a lot at fly half due to injuries so we maybe didn’t see the best of him, but I think full back is his best position. Played for Ampthill in pre season so I’d assumed he’d signed for them
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 16:37
Coulson has also played for Hartpury and Richmond.
pappashanga
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 16:59
Thanks Pappashanga and Bluesman.

Anyone know the other two?
Forever Green.
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 17:02
Actually it turns out Simmonds has played for us before on loan from Wasps so thanks Google. I feel foolish not recognising the name now.

Mehson has come from Exeter so that is nice...
Forever Green.
isleonian View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 18:45
Maybe Brian Moore will make a comeback? Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic