National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North Premier Final League Positions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 18:31
Originally posted by 'Hopper 'Hopper wrote:

If I've if I've got it right there will need to be one transfer from Midlands Premier to North Premier.
I think you have 2 coming down Otley and yourselves and 3 coming up York, Burnage and Northwich by my reckoning
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 19:11
Originally posted by Friendly prop Friendly prop wrote:

If I've if I've got it right there will need to be one transfer from Midlands Premier to North Premier.
I think you have 2 coming down Otley and yourselves and 3 coming up York, Burnage and Northwich by my reckoning
My mistake, sorry. 
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 19:28
Northwich
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 19:42
Originally posted by Fudgepacker Fudgepacker wrote:

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Semajdrib Semajdrib wrote:

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/1d/1d602337-7f0c-401d-89b3-4ea9b38fecb6/Levels%205%20-%207.pdf

As predicted!

The RFU website isn't showing the National 2 leagues yet so i guess we will have to wait a few more hours to see who is coming down to replace Blaydon and Harrogate.

They need to sort out the level transfers from North to South.

2 will be required for next season.

Leicester Lions can be exempt if they wish to return to the North or they can choose to stay in South

I suspect Hinckley may be the second, although who would replace LL if they choose to go back I am unsure at present.

(Got caught out last year as I was unaware of the 2% rule)

Raider, as you may know Hinckley actually had less additional mileage last season than LL but were saved from compulsory transfer because they finished higher in the league than LL who were within 2% of their mileage total. So LL were made to move instead. We calculate that my club (Bournville) come next (well outside the 2% rule) then Stourbridge.

Indeed - I had calculated Hinkley as the team to come south last year but didn't know about the 2% rule (until then). Where 2 or more teams fall within the 2% the lowest of these is transferred.

You actually need to take the mileage of all teams in N2S from each contender from N2N - this will differ from last year because of promotions and relegations

Note, Guernsey are treated as Gatwick Airport for these purposes.

I'm not sure if a team promoted or relegated to N2N can be transferred or not - seem to recall they cannot.

Edited by Raider999 - 03 Apr 2020 at 19:44
RAID ON
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 21:16

I don't think so. There has only been 13 clubs in Midlands Premier during 2019/20 due to one club dropping out. 

They will be back up to 14 next season due to the fact that there are only two being relegated from Midlands Premier (Peterborough Lions and Kettering). There will be three clubs going up in to Midlands Premier, (Dudley Kingswnfd, Syston and Oundle) making 14 for next season.
Whaa Hoo Wilkey View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whaa Hoo Wilkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 22:57
Whatever the mathematical computation, it seems a little unfair given that our two games in hand, were at home, and against teams that we had already beaten away. Bonus wins, whilst in no way guaranteed, would have put us top. Hey ho, there were always going to be winners and losers - once more, at least, into the great northern premier league.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 08:27
Or Midlands maybe? 
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 08:44
The rumours I have heard are that Burnage join Northern Premier and Northwich level transfer into Midlands Premier
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 09:01
It's likely that 3 of the below 4 will need to be in Midland Premier. Sandbach have been there a while and seem settled. Doncaster Phoenix and Sheffield have also had time in Midlands.

I suspect it all depends on who volunteers to move over

Doncaster Phoenix
Sheffield
Sandbach
Northwich
Whaa Hoo Wilkey View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whaa Hoo Wilkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:58
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Or Midlands maybe? 

I think it will be!
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 13:44
If I was Northwhich or sandbach, I'd want to be in North Premier next season. 

There will be lots of Cheshire derbys against Macclesfiled, Wirral, Lymm and Burnage. Plus games against clubs from South Lancahire: Preston, Blackburn and Rossendale. Plus only 2 journeys to the north east compared to 4 in 2019/20.

I haven't worked it out but id expect there will be far less travelling in North Premier compared to Midlands Premier.
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 16:15
We are furthest South so I guess we'll stay in Mids. That being said it is always a shame each season that we don't get to play against old rivals like you mention.
Friendly prop View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendly prop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 16:35
Originally posted by Penda Penda wrote:

We are furthest South so I guess we'll stay in Mids. That being said it is always a shame each season that we don't get to play against old rivals like you mention.

But we'd miss coming to you and standing on your Bell end LOL

Edited by Friendly prop - 04 Apr 2020 at 16:35
"Animo concipere non possum quo palto hoc pervease exeat."
Penda View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 16:59
Clap
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 17:10
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jLPupZVuHLUPG-6PXCzPkNMaggPbVVX-&usp=sharing

Google map showing how 2020/21 might look if Northwich join.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 08:24
S,

You might need to brush up on your Geography/History, Burnage are a Lancashire club, and in no way are Hoppers, Blackburn and Rossendale South Lancs Clubs especially as the RFU think South Lancashire is South of the East Lancs Road. Other than that good point.Big smile
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:23
Haha yes fair enough, I didn’t bother checking. I assumed that because Sale and Stockport are Cheshire, Burnage would be too. 

Anyway, as the map shows there’s 8 clubs bunched together within about an hours drive of each other. A big change compared to how the league looked in 2019/20. So more appealing for Cheshire clubs that could be in either North Premier or Midlands Premier.
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:04
Originally posted by Semajdrib Semajdrib wrote:

Haha yes fair enough, I didn’t bother checking. I assumed that because Sale and Stockport are Cheshire, Burnage would be too. 

Anyway, as the map shows there’s 8 clubs bunched together within about an hours drive of each other. A big change compared to how the league looked in 2019/20. So more appealing for Cheshire clubs that could be in either North Premier or Midlands Premier.

For some reason, when I open the map all I get is a map of my street.

Burnage - we've always been a Lancashire club.
At our current home (we moved here in the late 70's), the River Mersey runs along the southern edge of our grounds. This was (I’m told) the former border between Lancashire and Cheshire.
We were originally an Old Boys Club, formed by lads who attended Burnage Grammar School in south Manchester.
However, when we were formed we were a bit nomadic and without a proper home. We played on council playing fields nearer the middle of Manchester before moving to our first proper home on Burnage Lane, on the border between Manchester and Stockport.
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:16
Originally posted by MikeGC MikeGC wrote:

For some reason, when I open the map all I get is a map of my street.

I assume you are opening the link on your phone, if you copy that link and open it using the google chrome app you may have better luck.

Alternatively a screen shot of the map has been added to the North Premier twitter handle
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:50
Opening the map on my iPad, but I guess it’s the same problem.

Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic