National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

North Premier Final League Positions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Premier Final League Positions
    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 22:02
This is my prediction of what the RFU will do with North Premier..

We shall know for sure at 6pm tomorrow. 

Edited by Semajdrib - 02 Apr 2020 at 23:20
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 08:00
Obviously a statistical mathematical prediction.
You have to look at the remaining games. Sandal are the form team at the moment and their remaining games against lower sides  are four  potential 5 pointers. 
You have got us down for 13 points. That is not realistic.  
Having said that would we want to be promoted??
openthegate View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote openthegate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 09:27
Easily the toughest and tightest league to predict. If Harrogate & Macc had the points from the games in hand, they along with Blaydon would all be on 85 points.

Looking at the fixtures hypothetically my guess would be that 

Harrogate win every game
Sandal win every game
Macc to lose one
Blaydon to lose one
Bill to lose one

We'll find out at 6pm
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 09:37
I did a similar exercise for N2N based on the RFU's calculus, which gives Otley to be relegated along with us and the already doomed Sunny Scunny. We await the official declaration later today. 
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
pen 15 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pen 15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 09:56
Originally posted by 'Hopper 'Hopper wrote:

I did a similar exercise for N2N based on the RFU's calculus, which gives Otley to be relegated along with us and the already doomed Sunny Scunny. We await the official declaration later today. 
spoke to my mate at Hinks they fancied themselves for the play off position after Caldy beat Fylde twice ,they where on a great run shame the way things have gone would have been interesting

is it stours year yet
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:33
Originally posted by pen 15 pen 15 wrote:

spoke to my mate at Hinks they fancied themselves for the play off position after Caldy beat Fylde twice ,they where on a great run shame the way things have gone would have been interesting
Certainly looked that way, similar to Sandal in North Premier. 
Pristine Shorts View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pristine Shorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:33
Well no doubt about us, I’m afraid ! But are the leagues also going to be reorganised again ? Or has that been shelved ?
oldbill10 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbill10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:48
i cant see the season starting on time so given that use this time to make the change otherwise come the end of next season then you will have more upset. 

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 13:32
Originally posted by pen 15 pen 15 wrote:

Hinckley may join Leicester Lions in N2S next season.
RAID ON
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 13:35
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

Obviously a statistical mathematical prediction.
You have to look at the remaining games. Sandal are the form team at the moment and their remaining games against lower sides  are four  potential 5 pointers. 
You have got us down for 13 points. That is not realistic.  
Having said that would we want to be promoted??

No you don't. From what I've read

Work out average points per home game, multiply by number of home games left
Work out average points per away game, multiply by number of away games left

Add these 2 results to existing points

Absolutely no weighting as to supposedly easy/hard games left.
RAID ON
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:14
https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/1d/1d602337-7f0c-401d-89b3-4ea9b38fecb6/Levels%205%20-%207.pdf

As predicted!

The RFU website isn't showing the National 2 leagues yet so i guess we will have to wait a few more hours to see who is coming down to replace Blaydon and Harrogate.
openthegate View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote openthegate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:15
Looks like Blaydon & Harrogate up
Carlisle, Ilkley & Morpeth down
oldbill10 View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbill10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:18
no easy way to settle this but if i was a Sandal fan i would be very disappointed as they had the easiest run in for me i think the lucky ones are Blaydon even though they were top they still had to go to Harrogate and Macclesfield. Otley and Preston are coming down

Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:29
Yes i agree, Blaydon have done well from this. Macclesfield and Sandal will be very disappointed. Especially Sandal considering they gave Blaydon a hiding just before COVID struck.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:31
Originally posted by Semajdrib Semajdrib wrote:

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/1d/1d602337-7f0c-401d-89b3-4ea9b38fecb6/Levels%205%20-%207.pdf

As predicted!

The RFU website isn't showing the National 2 leagues yet so i guess we will have to wait a few more hours to see who is coming down to replace Blaydon and Harrogate.

They need to sort out the level transfers from North to South.

2 will be required for next season.

Leicester Lions can be exempt if they wish to return to the North or they can choose to stay in South

I suspect Hinckley may be the second, although who would replace LL if they choose to go back I am unsure at present.

(Got caught out last year as I was unaware of the 2% rule)
RAID ON
Loo fighters View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loo fighters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:31
How have Sandal not gone up?  
Family-Rugger-Beer...
Fudgepacker View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fudgepacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:42
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

As predicted!

They need to sort out the level transfers from North to South.

2 will be required for next season.

Leicester Lions can be exempt if they wish to return to the North or they can choose to stay in South

I suspect Hinckley may be the second, although who would replace LL if they choose to go back I am unsure at present.

(Got caught out last year as I was unaware of the 2% rule)

Raider, as you may know Hinckley actually had less additional mileage last season than LL but were saved from compulsory transfer because they finished higher in the league than LL who were within 2% of their mileage total. So LL were made to move instead. We calculate that my club (Bournville) come next (well outside the 2% rule) then Stourbridge.
Mixed grill stottie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixed grill stottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:46

Yes i agree, Blaydon have done well from this. Macclesfield and Sandal will be very disappointed. Especially Sandal considering they gave Blaydon a hiding just before COVID struck.

I think the most unlucky team here must be Morpeth. With their recent upturn in form including running Sandal very close, IMHO would see them climb above their neighbours to safety.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Semajdrib View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semajdrib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:54
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 16:59
If I've if I've got it right there will need to be one transfer from Midlands Premier to North Premier.

Edited by 'Hopper - 03 Apr 2020 at 17:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic