National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

London & SE season 2020-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joy of (Level) 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 16:18
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Dad Dad wrote:

If the muted promise of a test with 20min result comes to fruition then a test pre game (or on the Friday) would make the game playable without any modifications

Cost?

Perhaps Dorking will pay for everyone.
TJOS
Intouch View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:05

If the muted promise of a test with 20min result comes to fruition then a test pre game (or on the Friday) would make the game playable without any modifications

I note your post, but question for you,what of teams like DMP, Caldy Plymouth, Redruth ( at Nat 1 and 2 level) who spend 50% of the season on the road on Friday afternoons, early evenings or/and 90% of the sides going to play Guernsey, who spend time  travelling on Friday nights. 

How could you have trained Thursday night with the team, take a test and be positive on Friday, the whole of Thursday nights training group has to do into lockdown having been in contact with said player and the club does therefore not have a side to travel
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:51
Originally posted by Intouch Intouch wrote:

I note your post, but question for you,what of teams like DMP, Caldy Plymouth, Redruth ( at Nat 1 and 2 level) who spend 50% of the season on the road on Friday afternoons, early evenings or/and 90% of the sides going to play Guernsey, who spend time  travelling on Friday nights. 

How could you have trained Thursday night with the team, take a test and be positive on Friday, the whole of Thursday nights training group has to do into lockdown having been in contact with said player and the club does therefore not have a side to travel

Guernsey did have a 14 day quarantine on anyone arriving - not sure it still applies.

Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland are exempt from quarantine when travelling to UK, I would have thought same would apply iPod reverse travel but?
RAID ON
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 15:27
So here's the outline... 

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/return-to-community-rugby-roadmap

Clearly no timeline yet.
Awesome View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 19:03
Tring Hertford merger would not happen, although they have tried tempting a few players over the years. If clubs merge which could happen it would have to be nearby to work.

Billywindsock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywindsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 19:42
Originally posted by Awesome Awesome wrote:

Tring Hertford merger would not happen, although they have tried tempting a few players over the years. If clubs merge which could happen it would have to be nearby to work.

I think Hertford have asked Tommy Newton to come over to the blue side a few times, but his loyalty to Tring is admirable. Quality player and all round decent chap.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've watched C beams glitter in the darkness near the Tennhauser Gate,
Awesome View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 17:12
He bleeds black and gold and Tring have been very fortunate that he has never left us. He did go to Bath for a while but struggled with the language barrier. I was surprised to see Baz go. He was a real Step End (Trings noisy crowd area) favorite. He was like one of our own.
Super G View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 13:21

Guernsey did have a 14 day quarantine on anyone arriving - not sure it still applies.

Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland are exempt from quarantine when travelling to UK, I would have thought same would apply iPod reverse travel but?

Guernsey are following different guidelines to the UK...we are out of lockdown now and basically back to normal, we just have travel restrictions whereby we can travel off Island but anyone coming in has to quarantine for two weeks. Raiders have started back at training properly so could be a long pre season. Guernsey has agreed a travel bridge with Isle of Man as they also have no more active cases, so there is talk of potential Home and away friendlies.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 14:33
Originally posted by Super G Super G wrote:

Guernsey are following different guidelines to the UK...we are out of lockdown now and basically back to normal, we just have travel restrictions whereby we can travel off Island but anyone coming in has to quarantine for two weeks. Raiders have started back at training properly so could be a long pre season. Guernsey has agreed a travel bridge with Isle of Man as they also have no more active cases, so there is talk of potential Home and away friendlies.

Good thinking, but quite a difference in standards.

With those travel restrictions, their participation in N2S must be in doubt.
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 17:14

So what would that mean? Guernsey forced to stay down (With some sort of compensation I assume) and S&E get to stay up? I have to say I like this idea (not just because I like trips to Guernsey!). But I guess they'd just say Guernsey have to play all their home matches somewhere in Hampshire.

Edited by Robb - 26 Jun 2020 at 17:15
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 14:09
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

So what would that mean? Guernsey forced to stay down (With some sort of compensation I assume) and S&E get to stay up? I have to say I like this idea (not just because I like trips to Guernsey!). But I guess they'd just say Guernsey have to play all their home matches somewhere in Hampshire.

That could be an option assuming the Guernsey players could fly in and out for each game. It would also offer some income, however small, for the club that hosts their home games.

Would suggest somewhere in the Gatwick vicinity unless there are going to be flights into Hampshire?
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 15:06

That could be an option assuming the Guernsey players could fly in and out for each game. It would also offer some income, however small, for the club that hosts their home games.

Would suggest somewhere in the Gatwick vicinity unless there are going to be flights into Hampshire?
The only reason I said Hampshire was because Guernsey are affiliated to the Hampshire RFU so they'd probably want to/be required to support their local county association. I believe Aurigny do fly to Southampton.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 18:22

The only reason I said Hampshire was because Guernsey are affiliated to the Hampshire RFU so they'd probably want to/be required to support their local county association. I believe Aurigny do fly to Southampton.

I understand why you suggested Hampshire, the reason I suggested near Gatwick is for travel purposes that is their base not Southampton.
RAID ON
Super G View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 15:10

That wouldn't be an option either unless the players fancied moving to the UK for the season. The 2 week quarantine relates to any locals returning to the Island also
Super G View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 15:11
and any non-local players (before anyone gets a dig in)
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 16:13

That wouldn't be an option either unless the players fancied moving to the UK for the season. The 2 week quarantine relates to any locals returning to the Island also

The original post didn't make that clear - if that is indeed the case, I cannot see anyway Guernsey can play in any league Until the quarantine situation changes
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 09:48
Frustrating the amount of silence we're getting on this front. Especially since the RFU haven't moved off step 2 of their plan yet. 
Thelazy8 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thelazy8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 09:35
In some positive news, Hertfordshires largest pub garden opens up at midday today at Hertford RFC for club members and friends.

We will not mention that the longest Lager glasses do not fit under the specially designed perspex!

Maybe it's specially designed to stop people drinking certain Lagers? Beer
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 15:29

Frustrating the amount of silence we're getting on this front. Especially since the RFU haven't moved off step 2 of their plan yet. 

Ask your Club Secretary! S(h)e, like me will be getting twice weekly updates from the RFU and probably weekly updates from your CB RDO about what can and can’t be done. Weekly coaching and administrative webinars and lots of practical help. 

The RFU cannot move from Stage B on the Roadmap without Government agreeing their Return to Play protocol. Tha5 was submitted last week and is probably what led to the Sports Minister last Monday talking about community rugby returning without scrums until January. 

The RFU is anything but quiet and inactive. Give them a break for a change!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:25
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Ask your Club Secretary! S(h)e, like me will be getting twice weekly updates from the RFU and probably weekly updates from your CB RDO about what can and can’t be done. Weekly coaching and administrative webinars and lots of practical help. 

The RFU cannot move from Stage B on the Roadmap without Government agreeing their Return to Play protocol. Tha5 was submitted last week and is probably what led to the Sports Minister last Monday talking about community rugby returning without scrums until January. 

The RFU is anything but quiet and inactive. Give them a break for a change!

Maybe they aren't quiet and inactive - but they were certainly very slow to get a protocol together and submitted to the government.
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic