National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

London & SE season 2020-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London & SE season 2020-21
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 17:26
So with the results in, we have lost Rochford and Guernsey (Angry ) to N2S and London Irish Amateur, Bedford and Guildford to relegation.

With just S&E returning from above and Havant, North Walsham and Westcombe Park joining us, how many transfers from the midlands are we going to need and whom will it be?

Edited by Robb - 03 Apr 2020 at 17:27
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 17:33
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

So with the results in, we have lost Rochford and Guernsey (Angry ) to N2S and London Irish Amateur, Bedford and Guildford to relegation.

With just S&E returning from above and Havant, North Walsham and Westcombe Park joining us, how many transfers from the midlands are we going to need and whom will it be?

With one extra in SW, I think it may be us (Maidenhead) coming across)
Billywindsock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywindsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 16:11
It would seem that Maidenhead would be the most obvious transfer. This is the RFU, so it may end up being someone from Cornwall :-).
There is also the shadow of the big shake up. Smaller, more local leagues with less travel and fewer games.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've watched C beams glitter in the darkness near the Tennhauser Gate,
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 12:48
Originally posted by Billywindsock Billywindsock wrote:

There is also the shadow of the big shake up. Smaller, more local leagues with less travel and fewer games. 

I suspect it's too short notice to totally rejig everything for next season, but I hope they introduce some flexibility to allow for the possibility of another shortened season. 

I know we're some way out, and that things may look totally different by August/September but I don't think anything can be stated with certainty at this stage and the RFU should plan accordingly.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 14:00
Originally posted by BruceElliott BruceElliott wrote:

I suspect it's too short notice to totally rejig everything for next season, but I hope they introduce some flexibility to allow for the possibility of another shortened season. 

I know we're some way out, and that things may look totally different by August/September but I don't think anything can be stated with certainty at this stage and the RFU should plan accordingly.

Not sure many people want the "rejig", apart from the RFU.
RAID ON
Billywindsock View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywindsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 18:41
I have yet to meet a single person in rugby that thinks the rejig proposed is even close to a good idea. I was friends with a former president of the RFU and he thought it was ridiculous.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe,
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
I've watched C beams glitter in the darkness near the Tennhauser Gate,
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 20:52

I have yet to meet a single person in rugby that thinks the rejig proposed is even close to a good idea. I was friends with a former president of the RFU and he thought it was ridiculous.

RAID ON
BruceElliott View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceElliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 00:34
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Not sure many people want the "rejig", apart from the RFU.

I hadn't actually seen anything about it in any detail so went looking.

For anyone else - https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/adult-male-future-competitions-survey

I take it this is what we're talking about?
FEZ ANT PLUCKER View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FEZ ANT PLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 19:37
Any rugby would be good right now even a trip to North Walsham would lift the blues. !!! 

Fezantplucker
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 08:19
Originally posted by FEZ ANT PLUCKER FEZ ANT PLUCKER wrote:

Any rugby would be good right now even a trip to North Walsham would lift the blues. !!! 

We've got 6 months to get used to there not being any community rugby. Cry

That's why when the fixtures come out, it will be like manna from heaven. Hopefully they'll come out quicker now the leagues are "finished".
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 09:29

That's why when the fixtures come out, it will be like manna from heaven. Hopefully they'll come out quicker now the leagues are "finished".
I wonder if they'll wait a while until after social distancing is stopped to see how the clubs survived the terrible period. I can't see the RFU wanting to constantly have to rejig the leagues if clubs should go bust or ask to be relegated. 
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 09:31
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

I wonder if they'll wait a while until after social distancing is stopped to see how the clubs survived the terrible period. I can't see the RFU wanting to constantly have to rejig the leagues if clubs should go bust or ask to be relegated. 

That is a possibility - I am aging this will affect a number of clubs below level 4 or 5 but possibly even some higher up.
RAID ON
dave2dave View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave2dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 08:54
the impact will effect clubs at this level that do but don't pay players,

imports from OZ NZ SA maybe be thin on the ground this season.

could be some major form reversals unless of course Hertford and Tring merge...
Storm View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 19:13
Big smile
Be straight with me and......
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 19:45
Originally posted by dave2dave dave2dave wrote:

the impact will effect clubs at this level that do but don't pay players,

imports from OZ NZ SA maybe be thin on the ground this season.

could be some major form reversals unless of course Hertford and Tring merge...

I recall being told in no uncertain terms once, that there was no chance of that happening
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 23:11
Shall we say ArsnalHotspur is a more likely merger.  Wink

Edited by carlos fandango - 20 Apr 2020 at 23:12
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:58
Originally posted by carlos fandango carlos fandango wrote:

Shall we say ArsnalHotspur is a more likely merger.  Wink

Whilst I understand the sentiments behind the comment, I would be very surprised if there aren't some mergers before next season starts as this may be the only way of staving off closures.
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 09:40
https://twitter.com/HampshireRFU/status/1252986482878545921

The kind chaps at Hampshire RFU have confirmed who will be in the league next season
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 12:16

https://twitter.com/HampshireRFU/status/1252986482878545921

The kind chaps at Hampshire RFU have confirmed who will be in the league next season

We’ve now had confirmation of our transfer. Looking forward to making new friends, and experiencing some new challenges.
carlos fandango View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos fandango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 21:49
Raider, the distance Tring and Hertford are apart would make a merger between them unlikely. The best part of 35 miles by road.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic