National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

South West Premier season 2020-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South West Premier season 2020-21
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 17:39
So the final tables have now been published.
Barum 88.69 pts (promoted to N2S)
WSM  73.47 pts
Maids 73.33 Pts
Relegated are Bracknell and Blues.
NewburyBlue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewburyBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 18:12
Congrats to Barum but gutted for Blues again
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 19:38
Originally posted by NewburyBlue NewburyBlue wrote:

Congrats to Barum but gutted for Blues again

Got to feel sorry for the Blues - they beat the top three in the league but still got relegated. Possible some kind of record I would have thought.
NewburyBlue View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewburyBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 19:45
Last time in the SW Prem Blues beat the 2nd (Bournemouth) and the 3rd and 4th placed teams home and away!
Seems to be a pattern of raising our game against the top teams and losing to bottom half teams! 
MaidsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaidsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:16
Well, I’m fairly certain our time in SW is up. Loved visiting so many fantastic clubs, but looking forward to the challenge of LSE, and excited about less miles!

Well done to Barnstaple, and commiserations to Bracknell and Newbury.
Dobber View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:35
Originally posted by MaidsBoy MaidsBoy wrote:

Well, I’m fairly certain our time in SW is up. Loved visiting so many fantastic clubs, but looking forward to the challenge of LSE, and excited about less miles!

Sad that Newbury only popped in then back out again of this league after doing so well last season - came in with high expectations but long-term injuries to some key players did us over at the start of season - but the travelling is something I won't miss too much, as nice as the tip of Cornwall is I'd rather visit somewhere like Camborne in the Summer than in mid-winter in mid-storm season.  Maids have been doing that a while now so good luck in LSE MaidsBoy if you get level transfered. Furthest trip now will Rochford I suppose at around 80 miles rather than the 260 or so to Camborne... luxury!
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:42
Originally posted by Dobber Dobber wrote:

Sad that Newbury only popped in then back out again of this league after doing so well last season - came in with high expectations but long-term injuries to some key players did us over at the start of season - but the travelling is something I won't miss too much, as nice as the tip of Cornwall is I'd rather visit somewhere like Camborne in the Summer than in mid-winter in mid-storm season.  Maids have been doing that a while now so good luck in LSE MaidsBoy if you get level transfered. Furthest trip now will Rochford I suppose at around 80 miles rather than the 260 or so to Camborne... luxury!

I thought Rochford are promoted to N2S Dobber.

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 12:45
Originally posted by Barum man Barum man wrote:

They have been.

Also congratulations to Barnstaple on promotion back to N2S - an enjoyable weekend which numerous Raiders fans appreciate.
RAID ON
Dobber View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 13:09
Well even better for Maidenhead if there's even less travelling because Rochford have gone up.. Their supporters aren't going to know what to do with themselves.. they'll be turning up about three hours before kick-off until they get used to it!
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 13:14

Rochford? They got promoted. You'll be lucky, you've got North Walsham in North Norfolk to contend with now!
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 15:32
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

They have been.

Also congratulations to Barnstaple on promotion back to N2S - an enjoyable weekend which numerous Raiders fans appreciate.
Barum man View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barum man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 15:35
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

They have been.

Be good to welcome the Worthing fans to Barum again 'Raider' just hope they leave some booze for us locals this time WinkWinkWink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic