National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Regional 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Regional Premier Leagues 2020-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 15:30
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

At least with gofundme and the like the general public has the choice a to whether they donate or not and it's very easy to do the latter. As taxpayers we have no choice but to help fund Liverpool's non-playing staff whilst the club decide which player to spend another £50m on.

(Other disreputable clubs are available). 

A total disgrace - continue paying millionaires their tens/hundreds of thousands a week (delete as appropriate) when they are doing money and furlough staff paid a fraction of that to get money off the government.

I'm sure when these measures were announced they were not intended for this purpose.

I'm also sure no footballers at that level will be furloughed
RAID ON
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 00:15
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

At least with gofundme and the like the general public has the choice a to whether they donate or not and it's very easy to do the latter. As taxpayers we have no choice but to help fund Liverpool's non-playing staff whilst the club decide which player to spend another £50m on.

(Other disreputable clubs are available). 

A total disgrace - continue paying millionaires their tens/hundreds of thousands a week (delete as appropriate) when they are doing money and furlough staff paid a fraction of that to get money off the government.

I'm sure when these measures were announced they were not intended for this purpose.

I'm also sure no footballers at that level will be furloughed

Ridiculous isn’t it. But then again it’s no different than any other company with huge turnover, profit and fat cats at the top table furloughing staff.

And also why are footballers any different to any hedge fund manager or billionaire?  I don’t see our city bankers being asked to take pay cuts to bail out an under funded NHS
Dobber View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 22:56
I suppose the argument is that City bankers are now having to earn their crust. Presumably they are working.  Footballers on the other hand are still being paid but haven't kicked a ball in anger for several weeks and aren't going to be doing so for several weeks more.... 
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 07:21
so defer their wages not cut them.......
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 08:09
Don’t forget that these footballers will be making a major contribution to the national purse through HMRC. Swings and roundabouts
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 08:38
Originally posted by Neasham Neasham wrote:

Don’t forget that these footballers will be making a major contribution to the national purse through HMRC. Swings and roundabouts

I don't think the outrage is really to do with the fact that overpaid footballers are still being paid for doing nothing, it is the fact that some clubs have furloughed other staff to get government money whilst doing so.

Interestingly Liverpool, one of those clubs, has done a U turn (after severe criticism from their own fans) and announced they will not be using this process.
RAID ON
Neasham View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 17:45
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by Neasham Neasham wrote:

I don't think the outrage is really to do with the fact that overpaid footballers are still being paid for doing nothing, it is the fact that some clubs have furloughed other staff to get government money whilst doing so.

Interestingly Liverpool, one of those clubs, has done a U turn (after severe criticism from their own fans) and announced they will not be using this process.

I  appreciate that and if there is anything good to come out of all this it will hopefully be that we all realise that the society we have built relies on an awful lot of hard working, not too well paid people to keep the rest of us safe and comfortable.
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 21:49
Originally posted by Dobber Dobber wrote:

I suppose the argument is that City bankers are now having to earn their crust. Presumably they are working.  Footballers on the other hand are still being paid but haven't kicked a ball in anger for several weeks and aren't going to be doing so for several weeks more.... 

The markets should be suspended.

The very fact that they are earning exuberant wages means that the Tory party should be targeting them publicly just like they’ve targeted sports people.

And what about all the Tory party donators with billions in the bank?  Will they be contributing like all the sports donators?
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 08:05
Apparently National 2 clubs who can make the move have been contacted. I'm hoping its the same for N3 so we get the fixtures sooner rather than later.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 08:17
I can confirm that clubs at Level 6 have been contacted, too.  Been told 'expressions of interest' need to be submitted by the end of next week.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 22:56
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

I can confirm that clubs at Level 6 have been contacted, too.  Been told 'expressions of interest' need to be submitted by the end of next week.

So hopefully get next seasons league fixtures out quicker.
Shamrose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 14:06
Originally posted by Monkey Boy Monkey Boy wrote:

The very fact that they are earning exuberant wages means that the Tory party should be targeting them publicly just like they’ve targeted sports people.

And what about all the Tory party donators with billions in the bank?  Will they be contributing like all the sports donators?

I would say that City Bankers will already be paying their share through PAYE whereas most Premier League footballers will have complicated company structures to minimise theirs. The last thing the government wants is Bankers and high earners to stop working as you lose all the tax revenue, 40% above £38k and 45% above £150k plus the NI  on top

...................and by the way when did this  become a political thing?  
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 14:57
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

I would say that City Bankers will already be paying their share through PAYE whereas most Premier League footballers will have complicated company structures to minimise theirs. The last thing the government wants is Bankers and high earners to stop working as you lose all the tax revenue, 40% above £38k and 45% above £150k plus the NI  on top

You don't think that City bankers will have "complicated company structures" to minimise their tax liabilities too? 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 15:20
Originally posted by Shamrose Shamrose wrote:

I'd say city high-fliers are likely to still be working, even if from home, whilst footballers haven't 'worked' for weeks.
RAID ON
Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 00:03
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 08:19
The structure was confirmed in a link to a Twitter post from Hants RFU on this thread about three weeks ago:

HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 20:50
Interesting  RFU plans for the restart of the 20/21 season
RedPete View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 21:45
Originally posted by HAVANT TONY HAVANT TONY wrote:

Interesting  RFU plans for the restart of the 20/21 season

All pretty clear, but, unless I have missed something, what are the three windows?
Compassion for the conned, contempt for the conmen.
HAVANT TONY View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAVANT TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 22:44
Red Pete
The windows are..round,square and arched as playschool used to say😂
Sufficed to say I dont really know!! apart from guessing that they are seperate plans that will come into operation as and when the government  gives the go ahead for a contact sport to begin????
Happy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 08:46
Be interesting to see the split of the seven teams 🤔 would Maidenhead go north or south 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic