National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Only dreaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeneyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only dreaming
    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 10:27
Today should have been the last matchday of season 2019/20. Hundreds of supporters wearing the green would have been flooding downstream to Otley in glorious sunshine for one of the great occasions of the season. Otley, despite having beaten both Preston Grasshoppers and SKiwifruithorpe, would still need a win against their old rivals to make sure of survival in the division. Wharfedale on the other hand would have been on a high, having five weeks ago been the only club to have beaten champions Caldy, and on their own ground too.

And then I wake and look around me at the four grey walls that surround me . . . . . . Wink
Old Hooker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 15:41
Please do not despair greeneyed, I too am missing Worthing Rugby and the great atmosphere on matchdays. On the upside we have some great Red wine mmmmmm and the Sun is out and the the BBQ about to be lit as we listen to Max Boyce on Alexa
another one against the head
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 16:27
Also on the plus side none of our teams have lost for ages!
Mrs Oliphant View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Oliphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 18:18
No doubt Stour would have whopped Caldy today.
Best wishes to all my fellow Rolling Maulers with whom I have had the pleasure to acquaint.Stay well ..see you on the other side.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 22:39
Mrs Oliphant , When you say acquaint can you be more specific...…….. and where have you been
yorkshirestour View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorkshirestour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 10:02
Originally posted by Old Hooker Old Hooker wrote:

Mrs Oliphant , When you say acquaint can you be more specific...…….. and where have you been
Where hasn't he been
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 11:35
I hope she is keeping at least 2 meters
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 16:28
Mrs Oliphant sent me a message, via a fellow forum member, to meet up outside the club house when their club came north to play earlier in the season. It wasn’t because of the fear of being molested by his/her many fans in the bar at that time, more the fact that he/she had his/her boots on still, bless him/her. A trooper of the top order👍
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Mrs Oliphant View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Oliphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 16:47
Puli,
You are a gentleman of the first order.Shame there were too many singing "We know where you're going " when we last met. OH... haven't benn down to Hove since my brief "acquaintance " with the Nawab of Pataudi and Lord Ted.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 08:55
Now that is going a long way back, I am a Colin Cowdrey man myself
greeneyed View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeneyed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 08:58
I think, Old Hooker, that you may mean 'metres' unless of course Mrs Oliphant is keeping count. What would I know.

Anyway, I'll sign off now and let all you southern effetes get on with it yourselves.
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 22:22
I for one have am not saddened to miss going to Otley for a winner takes all finale.

Feel incredibly sorry for Otley as they had the easiest run in. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic