National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

DK v Rotherham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DK v Rotherham
    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 15:35
Doncaster Knights v Rotherham Titans now running into You Tube. Search for DK vs Rotherham March 2011. Enjoy!
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 15:43
Originally posted by JohnLowe JohnLowe wrote:

Doncaster Knights v Rotherham Titans now running into You Tube. Search for DK vs Rotherham March 2011. Enjoy!
Is that the game on Rugby's funniest moments with the famous banana kick to win it?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 16:14
No
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 16:07
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by JohnLowe JohnLowe wrote:

Is that the game on Rugby's funniest moments with the famous banana kick to win it?

That game was televised live on Sky. I remember thinking 'he's missed that by a mile' and as soon as it got past the stand it went at right angles, straight through the middle. Incredible kick.
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 18:29
No - this is the promotion play off game which was a season before the Garry Law banana kick, also televised on Sky

March 2011
15:00
(BP) Doncaster Knights41 - 26Rotherham Titans (BP)
Castle Park
Attendance: 1,102
Referee: Michael Tutty
Rothman2 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Rotherham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rothman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 18:33
This is the banana kick 2011/12
Doncaster 14 Rotherham 15

corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 08:34
Originally posted by Rothman2 Rothman2 wrote:

This is the banana kick 2011/12
Doncaster 14 Rotherham 15

<span style="font-family: UICTFontTextStyle; font-size: 17px;">https://youtu.be/DgKhtoGyCWE</span>
<span style="font-family: UICTFontTextStyle; font-size: 17px;">
</span>
Brilliant kick to win the tightest of matches. I wish I could have been there for that one. The most memorable kick I recall at St Peter was Pembo's drop goal to win the game against Wuss - even the Wuss head coach was impressed with that one.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 14:11
Brilliant? 

It was the wind that blew across the pitch, just at that moment, that slotted it, Garry Law had an awful kicking day that day. Still I miss the Rotherham matches, not sure if we will see them again unless we slide too.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
French Knight View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 09:16
I was sitting in the stand with a great view of the kick. To say I was gutted when it went over is an understatement.
Collective responsibility benefits all
WINGER14 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WINGER14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 21:36
I really admired Garry that day, he actually managed to keep a straight face for a good 3 seconds when telling us that he meant that to happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic