National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

What iff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 16:37
I have a task to shred and soak mine and then add them to the compost.
Sweeney Delenda Est
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 08:47
The practicality of Guernsey in leagues must now be in question.  Air travel and airports are screwed, clubs will be desperately short of cash. I know it is harsh on them, but they must be worried.
Jersey has more traffic, but is it practical for them in the Champ?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:51
I think rugby would be a porer game if we lose Guernsey and the isle of man clubs.

Given that we are a rich sport - due to the TV money from Internationals, there is no reason for the Union not to support the travel costs. (I know they don't but I am not a council member).

But of couse we are not in mormal times. It may be that we need to have a season without the island clubs.  Assuming we get any season that is. But if we were to do that, I think they should have there league position protected.
Sweeney Delenda Est
seagoon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:21
Does anyone actually know when a decision will be made about 2020/21 season?
There seem to be so many rumours flying around
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:34
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

I think rugby would be a porer game if we lose Guernsey and the isle of man clubs.

Given that we are a rich sport - due to the TV money from Internationals, there is no reason for the Union not to support the travel costs. (I know they don't but I am not a council member).

But of couse we are not in mormal times. It may be that we need to have a season without the island clubs.  Assuming we get any season that is. But if we were to do that, I think they should have there league position protected.

Surely, it isn't so much the financial situation (although that is a consideration) but the travel restrictions with Guernsey having a 14 day quarantine period - does Jersey have the same?

Will the Channel Islands be subject to our 14 day quarantine period when it is introduced?

With quarantine periods in place it is not feasible for any offshore team that isn't fully professional playing in the National Leagues.
RAID ON
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:04
Originally posted by Old Hooker Old Hooker wrote:

I take it the cardboard is empty wine cases

Of course!!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:06
Originally posted by seagoon seagoon wrote:

RFU Council met this week to discuss it but their proceedings are confidential. The AGM is on 12th June, I would expect a decision by then.

Strong betting on 1st January restart with a 6-week pre-season allowed before that.
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:57
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

RFU Council met this week to discuss it but their proceedings are confidential. The AGM is on 12th June, I would expect a decision by then.

Strong betting on 1st January restart with a 6-week pre-season allowed before that.

Further to that, I don't think any fixtures will be published either, at least until a start date is confirmed.
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Intouch View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 13:14
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

If it is a Jan 1 start 

What do we play half a season? So some sides will have a major advantage of who they have at home v away

Also how can they send the bottom 4 sides of National 1 down having played just half a season. You could lose 1/4 of the league having only played half the number of games
DICKON View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICKON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 13:39
On the Rugby Journal Lockdown podcast a couple of weeks back, of which I was part along with Mark Nelson and a couple of others, Stuart Grainger  confirmed that the RFU are likely to publish the full fixtures as per normal, but without dates so that different scenarios can be mapped out in line with the round numbers ie, whats the latest date we can start but still play a full season of 26 rounds, and then what gets cut with each month the start is knocked back from September; the fall back is a Jan 1st start with everyone playing each other once, and I have no idea on how promotion/relegation would be sorted, but dont forget many of the leagues operated perfectly well in the past playing each other once, so it is possible.

Discussions on the re-org are separate from this, and taking 2nd place in priority just now.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 14:30
Originally posted by DICKON DICKON wrote:

On the Rugby Journal Lockdown podcast a couple of weeks back, of which I was part along with Mark Nelson and a couple of others, Stuart Grainger  confirmed that the RFU are likely to publish the full fixtures as per normal, but without dates so that different scenarios can be mapped out in line with the round numbers ie, whats the latest date we can start but still play a full season of 26 rounds, and then what gets cut with each month the start is knocked back from September; the fall back is a Jan 1st start with everyone playing each other once, and I have no idea on how promotion/relegation would be sorted, but dont forget many of the leagues operated perfectly well in the past playing each other once, so it is possible.

Discussions on the re-org are separate from this, and taking 2nd place in priority just now.

It's 30 rounds not 26.
RAID ON
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 14:46
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

It's 30 rounds not 26.
I think Dickon meant at L6, but whether 30 or 26 its still probably going to be another interesting season if its a delayed start. For once I do feel sorry for the RFU on this.
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 16:26
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

It's 30 rounds not 26.
I think Dickon meant at L6, but whether 30 or 26 its still probably going to be another interesting season if its a delayed start. For once I do feel sorry for the RFU on this.

Possibly he did, but this is the N2 part of the forum not L6 so I naturally assumed he was in error

Agree with you though, if N1/N2 doesn't start by end of September it will be difficult to fit a whole season in. I am sure whatever is decided will not suit everybody.

It may be a case of doing the best they can

Edited by Raider999 - 15 May 2020 at 16:28
RAID ON
Old Hooker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 17:17
Just a thought. If we do not start till Jan, Divide Nat 2 in half with an equal split across league in terms of travel, rather than just east west, then play home and away with no promotion or relegation. (As long as we get to Barnstaple )
another one against the head
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic