National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

European Finals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Finals
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 05:56
The EPCR has made it known they want to hold the European Finals on the 16th and 17th October at the same venue. Airfare and hotel prices rising for that weekend.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:23
I had concert tickets in London for that weekend - and that was the rearranged date, rescheduled from mid-June - and this week it got pushed back again to June 2021. Don't know if that's the artist, venue or promoter being ultra-cautious, but it suggests to me that the entertainment industry are not entirely convinced that large gatherings (this venue is about 2,500 capacity) will be allowed by then.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:24
Where was this made known Toulouse? I'd read that as a possibility altho' there was also talk of completing 6N at around that time. I have tickets for both games & was due to be in France today. Euro Rugby/Ticketmaster never sent a note about the games not being on today!
donnyladinsheffield View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnyladinsheffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:16
I should be in Mhazelnutille now. Instead I am queuing in a windy Tesco car park. Life ain’t fair
He's alright and he don't care; He's got thermal underwear
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:53
On the 14/15th May it was put on the BBC sport page, RTE and an EPCR statement. If they do take place they believe this is the only possible weekend. Our group of five have booked flights while they are still cheap.£68 return from Stansted....If it does not go ahead we will still go and if we are lucky either Toulon or Montpellier may have a home game....if not a weekend of cultureBeer
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:54
Why does the place where the finals take place come out on this site as Mhazelnutille ???
Toulouse View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toulouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:58
When I booked 2 days ago ret. flight was £68....now over £100...
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 13:46
Originally posted by Toulouse Toulouse wrote:

Why does the place where the finals take place come out on this site as Mhazelnutille ???

because that place-name contains the incredibly obscene and deeply offensive sequence of letters A*R*S*E  in it, thereby triggering the fruit filter that protects the ears and other sensitivities of RM dwellers...
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 13:52
The wife and I should have been in France for the finals too, but luckily for us (poor planning by me) I hadn't booked any travel because the dates we wanted were a little tricky for the dates we had booked for accommodation.  We were able to get a refund from the accommodation with an option to re-book with them once the new dates are confirmed.

I think we might well take the train when the time comes.
donnyladinsheffield View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnyladinsheffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 14:29
It’s on official site that is a possible date.  My mate who bought tickets also got notification. 
 But not confirmed

Edited by donnyladinsheffield - 23 May 2020 at 14:30
He's alright and he don't care; He's got thermal underwear
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 16:08
Like many  keeping a close watch on situation. I had flights with BA at a reasonable price and transferred to October dates. Other option for me was a flight from Bris to Nice then the train. 

Not convinced games will go ahead as they have to finish both quarter and semi finals and allow for social distancing.

Position not helped by quarantine situation as France now requiring the same on their side.

Clarity needrd chaps but health comes first.

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 20:37
Originally posted by Bigmal Bigmal wrote:

Like many  keeping a close watch on situation. I had flights with BA at a reasonable price and transferred to October dates. Other option for me was a flight from Bris to Nice then the train. 

Not convinced games will go ahead as they have to finish both quarter and semi finals and allow for social distancing.

Position not helped by quarantine situation as France now requiring the same on their side.

The quarantine situation was complicated by the EU who decreed the reciprocal no quarantine agreement between UK and France was illegal if it didn't apply to all of EU. Hence it was dropped.

As things stand a 3 day trip would take a month when 14 days quarantine was applied at both ends.
RAID ON
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 09:09
I know it isnt easy but the organisers need to sort this out asap. It may be better to postpone until next season and write off the competition?

The tickets and flights were paid for 12 monthas ago !
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:58
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

The quarantine situation was complicated by the EU who decreed the reciprocal no quarantine agreement between UK and France was illegal if it didn't apply to all of EU. Hence it was dropped.

As things stand a 3 day trip would take a month when 14 days quarantine was applied at both ends.

Correct r999, but things are moving so fast that I'd say there was no chance of things 'standing' like that for even 2 months, let alone the 5 until the prospective Euro finals w/e. Some people are warning about second phases in winter, in which case October might be a premium spot... Confused

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:10
But then they need to give the TV companies their money back.
They booked early too.
I do feel someone should have looked into insurance - though that just makes the loss someone else's problem.
The point of insurance is to offset the cost of events that probably will not happen but which you cannot afford if they do.  
Sweeney Delenda Est
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 09:54
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

But then they need to give the TV companies their money back.
They booked early too.
I do feel someone should have looked into insurance - though that just makes the loss someone else's problem.
The point of insurance is to offset the cost of events that probably will not happen but which you cannot afford if they do.  
Yes, but the purpose of insurance companies is to ensure that they price the premium of anything that will probably not happen so high that you don’t pay it anyway. Then they charge you a premium for things that will certainly never happen and keep the income while ensuring that anything with a remote chance of happening is excluded as God’s will and so uninsurable!
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 17:11
So green light for rugby which means that outstanding games can be played assuming the payers can get to the venue?

Mhazelnutille possible but not sure how they will keep the fans safe . A large no of tickets sold already but no seat allocation as yet.

Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 18:27

So green light for rugby which means that outstanding games can be played assuming the payers can get to the venue?

Mhazelnutille possible but not sure how they will keep the fans safe . A large no of tickets sold already but no seat allocation as yet.

You think France is letting lots of English in to their cities in a few months?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 18:57
In a word "Non"!!! Or two words "Absolutement Non!!" 
Plus competitive sport to restart - accelerated release of the lock down - give it a month max and we'll be back where we started and, I have to say, all to deflect attention from the Dominic Cummings affair who in most peoples opinions is an absolute" w****r"
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 19:50
Points taken gents but still a few months to go.

Unfortunately deflecting attention is what I thought.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic