National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Rocheford Hundred - strange events

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocheford Hundred - strange events
    Posted: 24 May 2020 at 15:28
So Rocheford Hundred spend a huge amount of money over the last 3 seasons securing promotion from level 7 to level 4. In the Rugby Paper today it is announced the Director of Rugby, Head Coach, Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer have all stepped down. Is an outside body looking closely at the last three seasons? or is it just a coincidence that the five key management personnel leave at the same time?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 16:35
Sweeney Delenda Est
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 18:11
I thought they stood down because of work interests or at least that's what I took from the Rugby Paper article. 
Cauliflower ear.
Hawky666 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawky666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 20:15
All at once? Enthusiastic employee‘s.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 20:49
Originally posted by kingsheathlad kingsheathlad wrote:

I thought they stood down because of work interests or at least that's what I took from the Rugby Paper article. 

What they didn't have any to do?
RAID ON
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 22:13
When I read that thread title, I was expecting to hear the X-Files theme.

It does sound very odd that would happen at what should be their crowning moment.

Edited by Robb - 25 May 2020 at 22:18
sidelined View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidelined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:42
Nothing to do with the link up with Sarries then?
Intouch View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 08:11
Originally posted by sidelined sidelined wrote:

Sarries already have a massive feed into Old Albanians in that league, why would they want to spread what they have over 2 clubs playing the same level!
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 08:52
I think their interim chairman has explained things on their website. They have however recruited the Saracens academy coach so I would think there will be a link up with them 
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:18
All coaches bring informal links with their old clubs. 
Sweeney Delenda Est
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 17:46
Originally posted by Intouch Intouch wrote:

Originally posted by sidelined sidelined wrote:

Sarries already have a massive feed into Old Albanians in that league, why would they want to spread what they have over 2 clubs playing the same level!

If it’s anything like the Quins approach they will barely see them anyway. 
Pace Power Perfection
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 12:56
Will they be any good?
Is a 17 year old academy player better than a 25-year old with Nat 1 experience?
Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 13:42
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Will they be any good?
Is a 17 year old academy player better than a 25-year old with Nat 1 experience?

On the whole -no but they will be a lot cheaper, even if their availability is likely to be patchy - but you do occasionally get a gem
RAID ON
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 17:07
I would think anybody in Saracens Academy could hold their head up in National 2 South
I think they had 4 in England u20 last year

Edited by tulip - 28 May 2020 at 17:13
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 18:36
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

I would think anybody in Saracens Academy could hold their head up in National 2 South

Quite, as I recall Leicester Lions had 3 England U-20 - DR from Leicester Tigers.

However a solid mid-20s N1 player would be as good if not better, dependant on position - certainly in the front row
RAID ON
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 18:37
Originally posted by tulip tulip wrote:

Leicester Lions had 3 England under 20's from Leicester Tigers, this season, availability was a problem though. James Whitcombe was announced as the leagues Young player of the season.
stato View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 20:46
Having Academy players in your squad is hard work, firstly integrating them close to the start of the season, then having to see every week if they are available, potentially disappointing a member of your squad when they are selected instead of them  - my view is that they have to be stand out players to be considered. The hard thing is however, is it is vital experience for the young player, and there is a question to ask that for the good of the game, is it right they are given the opportunity to play at this level, as how else will they do it. Jacob Umaga has quoted how crucial playing at Nat 2 was for his development. 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 22:10
Originally posted by stato stato wrote:

Having Academy players in your squad is hard work, firstly integrating them close to the start of the season, then having to see every week if they are available, potentially disappointing a member of your squad when they are selected instead of them  - my view is that they have to be stand out players to be considered. The hard thing is however, is it is vital experience for the young player, and there is a question to ask that for the good of the game, is it right they are given the opportunity to play at this level, as how else will they do it. Jacob Umaga has quoted how crucial playing at Nat 2 was for his development. 

I think it's not so bad if tpyouyou need say a lock or a fly half and get one - however from experience yo get what you are given.

Yes, I'm sure there are problems when they are missing for 2-3 weeks then parachute in and are expected to be played - particularly if the side is on a winning run.
RAID ON
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 08:11
Tigers have in the past assisted with coaching, season before last Harry Wells assisted with forwards coaching, this season it's ex Tigers and now Nottingham prop Aniesko Sio is assisting(he did also play for the Lions for a season a couple of years back).
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:25
When Richmond was in N2 South, the incumbent prop told me that he was told that Sinckler was playing instead of him,'because he's better than you'. He said he didn't mind.
pappashanga
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic