National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU Return to rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 18:59
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Now you HAVE confused me!!! Why 4 Leagues when we are told there will be 3? Why are Sandbach, Nuneaton, Bromsgrove, Sheffield and Bridgnorth even in your equation??? Didn't finish high enough in Mids Prem to be elevated to level 4. Newport(Salop) finished 2nd but are excluded from your calculations - I'm sure there's others!?
The idea of four Leagues is a non-starter for me. Relegated sides from Level 3 playing mid table sides from Level5 is madness and won't be good for the game

Read it properly!

The first column is N1 (level 3), the other 3 are the 3 level 4 divisions.
RAID ON
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 11:45
Thanks Raider999 - my mistake (partly) as read it on my phone so all squidged up together but still doesn't explain how those mid table Mids Prem sides make the cut for Level 4 and Newport don't???? 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 13:44

Thanks Raider999 - my mistake (partly) as read it on my phone so all squidged up together but still doesn't explain how those mid table Mids Prem sides make the cut for Level 4 and Newport don't???? 

Sorry, can't help you there as I have no idea of the standings of clubs in the Midlands Premier
RAID ON
Offside194 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offside194 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 13:49
Yes Thatbloke, apologies to Newport. Insert them for Nuneaton and swop Chester and Macclesfield.
Leicester Lions are familiar with several teams in SE.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 13:56
Thanks Offside 194 but I still don't understand why you've got the other Mids Prem teams in there (Sandbach, Bridgnorth and Bromsgrove) My understanding, and that of Camquin I believe, is that only the top 2 in each of the regional Premier Leagues would be required to make up the necessary numbers
Offside194 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offside194 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 14:04
It's only an exercise and a bit of fun Thatbloke.
Who knows what the RFU are planning for top two levels?
Happy New Year to all!
Even Older Hooker View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Even Older Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 14:39
Whatever the NCA /RFU decide they must maintain the integrity of the leagues.

Happy and safe New Year to all
Another one against the head
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 15:28
Fun - what's that??? 😂😂

Edited by Thatbloke - 31 Dec 2020 at 15:28
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 15:49

Thanks Offside 194 but I still don't understand why you've got the other Mids Prem teams in there (Sandbach, Bridgnorth and Bromsgrove) My understanding, and that of Camquin I believe, is that only the top 2 in each of the regional Premier Leagues would be required to make up the necessary numbers

That's because Thatbloke is assuming 14 teams in Premiership & Championship which necessitates an extra 4 teams from level 5, whereas Camquin assumed the top 2 levels remain at 12.
RAID ON
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 22:55
Originally posted by Even Older Hooker Even Older Hooker wrote:

Monkey Boy.
I understand that we must consider what is best for the players. However do not forget that many clubs , unless they have a "Sugar Daddy" rely heavily on our membership fee gate money and hospitality !!!
I do not know what your club is if any. But I suggest the supporters there would fell similar to me.
Please do not be so dismissive

It’s irrelevant.  Just go to Devon whenever you want. Take in a game of rugby too. 
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 22:58
Why do all the leagues have to have the same number in?

Why shove Chester into some geographical minefield to satisfy a number?

If some are 16 so be it, or 14. Base it all on geography and if you’ve got some free Saturdays go on tour or play some again
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 01:06
You can choose not to level transfer - so Blaydon and Newport stay at level 4 so the new Northern conference is not overloaded. Wimbledon and Maidenhead gain promotion to balance numbers in the South West and South East.

Then in future years, if too few or too many teams from are relegated into a league you fix it by changing the numbers promoted or demoted in the feeder leagues. 

I think it was used in the earlier days of the league pyramid.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic