National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU Return to rugby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RFU Return to rugby
    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:35
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/return-to-competitive-playing-for-202021-season

Link to the various proposal above.

Is it just me or is the plan to geographically split all leagues EXCEPT the NCA leagues not madness?
The NCA leagues in this current climate are the first ones that should be split on a geographical basis not the ones omitted.  Plymouth travelling to the far north of England, Redruth and Barnstaple travelling to Southend and Bury St.Edmunds don't sound like a great plan to me.
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:54
Coach travel could be different now for players, back room and supporters with self distancing. 
Cauliflower ear.
JohnT View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 08:07
doesn't look like much of a plan to me, just a list of theoretical options if contact playing can start. No information on timescales for windows, or did I miss something.  Travel options are going to be a serious problem especially with the distances involved in National Leagues where some fixtures will need overnight stops.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:39
The RFU is waiting on the Government to tell them what is allowed. With no clear guidance from Dominic Cummings it is very difficult for them to plan. The roadmap is at least clearer notice to Clubs than has been given to the NHS, the Hospitality industry or gyms!
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 13:27
The clubs below Level 4 have now been advised of what the conference structures will be.  I think it's a pretty clear plan, and it isn't difficult to ascertain the timings of the windows based upon the number of fixtures planned in each scenario.  I know it's not the done thing to praise the RFU, but I think they've been open about their plans, and communication with clubs has been regular and consistent.
Wigwam View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wigwam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 13:28
Dont worry Boris has a cunning plan...............somewhere
Pace Power Perfection
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 15:02
he clubs below Level 4 have now been advised of what the conference structures will be.  I think it's a pretty clear plan, and it isn't difficult to ascertain the timings of the windows based upon the number of fixtures planned in each scenario.  I know it's not the done thing to praise the RFU, but I think they've been open about their plans, and communication with clubs has been regular and consistent.

Agree good below Level 4 - sensible plans.

For the NCA though ridiculous, no sensible splitting into conferences to reduce travel and overnight stays.
Plus a veiled threat at the very bottom of the post to withdraw or at least travel funding.
But no official word to the clubs on this, diabolical.
sidelined View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidelined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 17:56
If we follow the principle of social distancing, any overnight trip would mean that each player would have to have their own room, can you imagine the cost implications?
MikeGC View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 18:41
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

The clubs below Level 4 have now been advised of what the conference structures will be.  I think it's a pretty clear plan, and it isn't difficult to ascertain the timings of the windows based upon the number of fixtures planned in each scenario.  I know it's not the done thing to praise the RFU, but I think they've been open about their plans, and communication with clubs has been regular and consistent.

We’re level 5 and to the best of my knowledge we've heard nothing about this from any official source
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 19:04
Rumour is that it has been "leaked" just in the Midlands - someone's in trouble apparently
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 21:27
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Rumour is that it has been "leaked" just in the Midlands - someone's in trouble apparently

Yeah, Staffs RFU had it
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 14:49
Cov Telegraph reporter @bobby_bridge tweeted the Midlands level league splits a day or so ago.
Our City,
Our Club
Old Hooker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:43
If Rugby starts full on, the issue of social distancing in travel and hotels becomes irrelevant.
another one against the head
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 13:33
Originally posted by Old Hooker Old Hooker wrote:

If Rugby starts full on, the issue of social distancing in travel and hotels becomes irrelevant.

Nick, that is probably why it won't start until January?
RAID ON
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 14:11
I would have thought the team bus would be more of a danger for passing on Covid19 than the sporadic contact on a rugby field in the open air, including the scrum.
6 hours x 2 on coach is a long time.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 14:45
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

The RFU is waiting on the Government to tell them what is allowed. With no clear guidance from Dominic Cummings it is very difficult for them to plan. The roadmap is at least clearer notice to Clubs than has been given to the NHS, the Hospitality industry or gyms!

I believe Dominic Cummings has said the playing of games in Durham without any restrictions is absolutely fine if that helps.
Redted View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 14:59
But only in Barnard Castle.
Or at the Leicester Mayors girlfriends house.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 16:00
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 16:58
Or in Athens, apparently!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 11:51
Well Rugby has returned and from what I have seen neither Players have learned to scrum and the Refs officiating of the scrum and put ins is still pathetic GRRRRR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic