National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

London Scottish to move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave G/w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 15:08
Jondee true Esher is a nice ground , so I suppose it makes sense till new ground is found 
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 15:56
RAG ground capacity 4500, Esher 3500. Unless Saracens cause a crowd, not needed.
Mond/LS derby about 16-1800 if I recall correctly.
pappashanga
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 18:00
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

RAG ground capacity 4500, Esher 3500. Unless Saracens cause a crowd, not needed.
Esher can hold up to 4500, we did when we played Northampton.
High Heidjin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Heidjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 19:33
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

After the fallout from their Premiership demise, there was eager anticipation for the first Scottish v Richmond league match in Herts-Middlesex League One (level 9 at the time). The crowd was estimated at circa 3,500 to 4,000. Scottish won that first encounter. However, both were promoted at the end of that first season back in the league structure. Richmond had ditched Middlesex as their CB due to their perceived lack of support following their demise and chose Surrey as their CB. They wouldn’t meet again until both were promoted back to London 1 some years later (now called SE Premier). Crowds then again were very similar with the RFU having to appoint senior ‘teams of three’ to cope with the magnitude of the games. Long may it continue .......
The Inner Game Will Win Every Time
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 16:53
Originally posted by romford romford wrote:

Perhaps Esher will now relocate from Hersham to the town they are named after?

Esher's ground is actually in Walton-on-Thames. The boundary with Hersham is between the station and the club.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 18:59
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

Esher's ground is actually in Walton-on-Thames. The boundary with Hersham is between the station and the club.
And the address is Molesey Road! Esher were founded at the Wheatsheaf Public House on Esher Green, hence the name!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:40
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

And the address is Molesey Road! Esher were founded at the Wheatsheaf Public House on Esher Green, hence the name!

Yes but my post was in response to the suggestion that Esher should move from Hersham where they aren't as the ground is in Walton-on-Thames!
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 13:49

Yes but my post was in response to the suggestion that Esher should move from Hersham where they aren't as the ground is in Walton-on-Thames!
Last time I checked it was 2 minutes walk from Hersham Station.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 15:24
Originally posted by oneagainstthehead oneagainstthehead wrote:

It is 2 minutes from Hersham Station to the ground pre-match but 15 minutes back post-match!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 15:26

Yes it is. With the boundary between Hersham and Walton-on-Thames crossed as you walk as indicated in my initial post.

How difficult is it for folks to grasp the fact that Esher Rugby Club's ground is in Walton-on-Thames?

Phone Elmbridge Borough Council to check if you like.
Cannon View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 15:49

Yes it is. With the boundary between Hersham and Walton-on-Thames crossed as you walk as indicated in my initial post.

How difficult is it for folks to grasp the fact that Esher Rugby Club's ground is in Walton-on-Thames?

And I thought it was Walton-on-the Naze!!
Rucks and mauls may bust my balls, but whips and chains excite me!!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 08:48
Originally posted by Cannon Cannon wrote:

And I thought it was Walton-on-the Naze!!

And the first time we played Wharfedale we had to accommodate two Yorkshiremen who had got confused and booked a hotel in Horsham! What a difference an E makes!

Edited by Halliford - 18 Jul 2020 at 08:51
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 09:28
So London Irish finally return to London, and then Scottish leave. The new not-nots.
Wattie67 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wattie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 17:01
Anyone have an idea where Scottish Hope to end up after their deal with Esher ends?
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 17:15
Originally posted by Wattie67 Wattie67 wrote:

Anyone have an idea where Scottish Hope to end up after their deal with Esher ends?
In the premiership?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 17:23
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by Wattie67 Wattie67 wrote:

In the premiership?

As I said a week ago when Nottingham had to sadly move from Ireland Avenue it took more than a year to find a site, we had serious discussions on 2 or 3 but for a number of reasons they weren't right , before we landed at Lady Bay so I would be surprised if we hear anything for a number of months
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 14:53
So London Scottish have announced the groundshare with Esher is off and they are to stay at the RAG having received a much better offer to stay on a season by season basis.

I also hear no deal had been signed with Esher so I wonder if there ever was any intention to move and if Esher were used as a bargaining tool?
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 16:39

So London Scottish have announced the groundshare with Esher is off and they are to stay at the RAG having received a much better offer to stay on a season by season basis.

I also hear no deal had been signed with Esher so I wonder if there ever was any intention to move and if Esher were used as a bargaining tool?

I thought it was a done deal at Esher - somebody obviously jumped the gun announcing that.
RAID ON
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 17:44
My understanding is that Scots were definitely not offered a better deal and in fact returned cap in hand to the RAG asking to return. Esher appear to have been poorly treated by the Scots in this. Can only be a partial return as the London Broncos Academy have taken over their training nights. Will their 1st XV stay training at Maidenhead?
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 17:59
I'm not privy to the dealing that led to this and will no doubt be told once spectating resumes. However it looks as if Richmond now have two tenants instead of one. Good for the bank account, tough on the grass.
pappashanga
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic