National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

London Scottish to move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:49
I’m sure Haliford will be able to inform all the reasons from Esher side,although it was Scottish that made the call and then informed Esher the change of mind, Esher had no say in it. Nothing was signed and it was a verbal agreement, bit like dropping out from buying a house after making an offer!! 

The RAG may well be a few pound better off but I would dread to think what the pitches are going to look  like if we have a semi wet winter.

Edited by Scrumtime - 21 Feb 2021 at 10:50
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 13:58
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

I’m sure Haliford will be able to inform all the reasons from Esher side,although it was Scottish that made the call and then informed Esher the change of mind, Esher had no say in it. Nothing was signed and it was a verbal agreement, bit like dropping out from buying a house after making an offer!! 

The RAG may well be a few pound better off but I would dread to think what the pitches are going to look  like if we have a semi wet winter.

I watched a game at Richmond (London Scots v Plymouth as I recall) a few years ago (was on train to watch Raiders at Henley when that was called off) The pitch that day was a total quagmire. Vividly remember one of the Plymouth wingers having a clean shirt 5 minutes from the end whilst virtually all the rest of the players were indistinguishable.

Those were the days - train trips, good beer in the pubs and allowed to watch rugby live.
RAID ON
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 14:23
To be fair, the Richmond pitches are very well maintained. I've only seen a few quagmires over the past 14 years, and they've been after really exceptional weather. I expect the powers that be at Richmond will be very careful about what they let themselves in for.
pappashanga
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dropout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 23:51
From my understanding -  the 1st xv will return ,the amateur club will not.
Historically the amateur club/sides that weren't the pro side trained on a monday & wednesday evening - i believe due to the fact Richmond trained on tuesday/thursday.
The amateur club will be based at another site.
Broncos Academy from memory train on Mondays & Wednesdays.

Edited by dropout22 - 21 Feb 2021 at 23:51
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 08:47
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

That’s about the size of it. Agreements were ready to be signed. It is frustrating but it may only be a delay of a year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic