National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

A glimmer and signs of club rugby coming back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:31
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

If we are permitted crowds - I assume they will be required to wear masks when not actually drinking.
All the more reason not to stop drinking Beer

I'd rather wear a mask all game than drink poor beer.
RAID ON
knightandday View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Doncaster Knights

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knightandday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 15:50
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

Well alcohol does kill the virus.
Actually even listerine has apparently been shown to reduce viral loads on saliva.
So when the other half asks about your late night whiskey

Alcohol content needs to be around 60% to be effective. 

I recommend Cut Rum overproof spiced Or Admiral Vernon old J Tiki fire. Both around 75% and quite drinkable neat. 

Edited by knightandday - 13 Aug 2020 at 15:51
Winning isn't everything, it just makes the beer taste better
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 23:35
Boris has announced that trials of spectators at sporting events are going to re-start. 
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 09:06
Originally posted by maire23 maire23 wrote:

Boris has announced that trials of spectators at sporting events are going to re-start. 

All you need to do is give supporters the right to sign an affidavit saying "I agree that I attend at my own risk and I accept the possibility  etc. etc." and let the people decide if they want to go to matches or not.   
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 09:49
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

All you need to do is give supporters the right to sign an affidavit saying "I agree that I attend at my own risk and I accept the possibility  etc. etc." and let the people decide if they want to go to matches or not.   

That's a good idea, but social distancing etc would still need to be in place. It's a question of whether it's financially viable on the amount of people that could attend. At The Pirates the capacity is (I think) around 3,000. Usual crowd is 1200 to 1500. So it should be possible to spread them out. Bars, toilets and food outlets would be a challenge.
Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:08
So you sign an affidavit or disclaimer and then go and spread it at home or at work? Thats what got us to this situation in the first place.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:09
Originally posted by Stalwart Stalwart wrote:

That's a good idea, but social distancing etc would still need to be in place. It's a question of whether it's financially viable on the amount of people that could attend. At The Pirates the capacity is (I think) around 3,000. Usual crowd is 1200 to 1500. So it should be possible to spread them out. Bars, toilets and food outlets would be a challenge.

It appears Premier Football are still aiming to have some crowds back by 1st October. They are expecting the limit to be 30% at that stage. Bearing in mind their stadiums are all-seater it is easier to enforce social distancing.

I suspect all spectators would need to have contactless forehead temperature checks befor entry

I like the idea of signing a waiver before being allowed to enter.
RAID ON
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:28
Originally posted by Fly Half Fly Half wrote:

So you sign an affidavit or disclaimer and then go and spread it at home or at work? Thats what got us to this situation in the first place.
Spot on mate. I want to see rugby as much as anyone but it will be the old and vulnerable who pay the price if they get it wrong. I wonder how many died as a result of events like Cheltenham Races going ahead with crowds back in the spring.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Runitback View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:33
Spectating in the open is really not the problem, it is the bars that provide more of a risk.
Run with it
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 12:29
I think we willl see a number of external bars with socialy distanced queues and more PMMA screens to protect the staff.
Sweeney Delenda Est
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 14:48
Beer pumps turned towards the customer ! pour your own beer , foot pedal operated, bring your own glass .........never touched by a bar tender ......pay by card........no short measures ever again lol

Edited by No 7 - 14 Aug 2020 at 14:51
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 16:20
I am reminded of previous discussions about the facilities needed at Premiership level which included additional width between urinals. Now that seems incredibly perceptive!
cheshire exile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheshire exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 19:37
I’m not sure the outdoor gents at Ampthill would pass too many H&S inspections......Dead
French Connection View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 19:50
An affadavit or waiver isn't worth the paper it's written on, because it's impossible to tell where someone contracted the virus. That's a major reason that it's been so hard to eradicate.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 09:34
Originally posted by Stalwart Stalwart wrote:

Of course you'd put those T&Cs in the agreement. But for community rugby, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. But it should be a matter of personal responsibility rather than the government just blanket banning everything and potentially destroying a sport in the process. If people want to take the chance, let them. Or if needs be, just say that the day after they must agree to have a test or something.  
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 08:02
Don't know if anyone else saw the interview with Harvey Biljon in TRP yesterday, but he stated that the Championship teams have ruled out returning to play until crowds are allowed. Not sure if that had been shared yet. Good interview overall.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:52
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Don't know if anyone else saw the interview with Harvey Biljon in TRP yesterday, but he stated that the Championship teams have ruled out returning to play until crowds are allowed. Not sure if that had been shared yet. Good interview overall.

Totally understand the reasoning behind that, but, that may mean writing off 20-21 season altogether?
RAID ON
Abbotsman View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 23:46
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Totally understand the reasoning behind that, but, that may mean writing off 20-21 season altogether?

The last thing you would want is to start a season with crowds only for the doors to be shut again by a further restriction later on. As for missing the season completely, things are so fluid at the moment it's possible it could end up that way.
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 06:21
I have an interest in non league football.
The team I ally to have an online document for the Southern League, FA etc of the clubs CoVid plans. Even based on 500 attendance (they are one of the larger clubs in terms of support) which they occasionally get, they are working on stricter capacity. Issues highlighted, queues into ground, toilets, relocation of drinks and food. When supporters are not drinking, eating face coverings will likely be required. 
Wait for the how long a coffee lasts challenge. Similar at rugby, can sense the folks who are anti coverings, drinking pints very slowly.

Looking forward to new beginnings.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 09:58
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

I have an interest in non league football.
The team I ally to have an online document for the Southern League, FA etc of the clubs CoVid plans. Even based on 500 attendance (they are one of the larger clubs in terms of support) which they occasionally get, they are working on stricter capacity. Issues highlighted, queues into ground, toilets, relocation of drinks and food. When supporters are not drinking, eating face coverings will likely be required. 
Wait for the how long a coffee lasts challenge. Similar at rugby, can sense the folks who are anti coverings, drinking pints very slowly.

When 1 pint is finished you get another - no need to drink them slowly.😷😷
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic