National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

20/21 Provision Fixtures Published

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 13:31
Ok so lets just say then 1% of 350000 who would be normally running a round the paddock on the 5th September could be CV-19 positive it makes it easier to grasp. The concept is based on an average, I suppose its not impossible to have all 3500 in the same city or region the averaging of 2 possible carriers per team is just that, an average. So again you may potentially have 2 players per 1st XV.

Another point that everyone seems to be missing is they sampled 800 first time round and removed the 10 infected people out of the equation, then 7 days later tested a slightly larger sample and found a further 9 more cases.

Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
quercynomad View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quercynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 13:36
Where do you get the 350,000 number from and how do you go from 3500 to 2 per team?

Up thread it was stated that there are 350,000 players registered as 1st XV on GMS and approximated 1600 1st XVs which suggests there are 218 1st XV players for each of those teams.....

Edited by quercynomad - 16 Jul 2020 at 13:41
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote front5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 14:35
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

would you take to the field knowing that possibly 4 people on it could infect you with a life challenging virus?

In a heartbeat....

I am 36 played for a number of clubs, in their respective 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams. Even played prop last year when a local team were short. It is all about risk, the chase of catching Covid-19 in a 2 minute scrum is less likely than a trip to see a family member, and sitting down with a cup of tea.

Players don’t sit in a dressing room thinking – will I catch Covid – will I get injured – or will this be my last ever match. We play the game because we love it. If a player decides they or their family are at risk, they will make an informed decision based on their interests and the interests of their loved ones. If they decide they are not going to play until there is a vaccine or until 2022 that is up to them, I am sure their club will be involved and supportive in the matter.

Crowds, are a long way off I fear, however for any persons who are in need of a rugby fix, do what I have done - sign back on for your local club, whatever level it is, even for the Vets or in a coaching capacity of minis or juniors.

Edited by front5 - 16 Jul 2020 at 14:36
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 14:58
I think that there are two main problems with producing fixtures for the 5th September onward. Firstly how can a club at this moment arrange transport based on these fixtures. Especially if you have to book train tickets for 30 people, early booking will give you significant discounts with a high probably of a cancellation or wait until last minute and have to pay full far which could double the cost. 
The same would apply to coach travel, having said that it is easier to cancel them at the last minute. 

The second issue is with most of level 3 players working there is a greater risk of Covid contacts. you cannot compare any rugby with the premiership players who are fully professional, can isolate on bubbles and are regularly tested, no club outside the Premiership could afford to test their players the cost would be outside their budgets. 

So at what point are the NCA going to tell us when the actual start date is.it is now only 7 weeks to the proposed first fixture.  
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 15:29
The RFU has always said it would give 6 weeks’ notice of the restart so that is by the end of next week. Then they have plans to start at the beginning of each month after that. The Championship thread says Geoff Irvine is suggesting a December/January start. From a financial POV getting a pre- Christmas game in with lunch and a crowd could be really useful.
semisonic View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semisonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 21:59
I could see November being the start date based on no second wave... while cases are up this week the marked change to lockdown suggested this would be the case and if cases begin to fall again next week we will have passed a danger point. Can't see any chance of accelerating through from B to F of the roadmap (small groups to full contact) in the next week so I don't expect a game in September below the Prem.

Can see crowds being allowed at restart with minimal distancing outside and mask/full distancing in the clubhouse should levels decrease enough to allow play (part F of the roadmap). 
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:16
Window 1 on the road map states if games can be played before 3rd October then full fixtures list of 30 will be played any games missed will be fitted into the season.
Window 2 After 3rd October and before 28th November - 15 fixtures will be played followed by two conferences of 8 teams from the top and bottom of the league will play home and away. 
Window 3 - starting after 28th Nov. and before 30th January - just 15 fixtures will be played home or away. 
Any delays in the start date clubs will be able to continue into May.
I think window 1 is very doubtful and window 2 could depend on the risk of a second wave. The problem is that at the moment without a vaccine community rugby will be a risk , if one player is found positive after a game then both teams will have to self isolate. This could cause cancellations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic