National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

20/21 Provision Fixtures Published

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quercynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20/21 Provision Fixtures Published
    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 17:20
These have been released this afternoon based on a 5 September start date heavily caveated that the date might move.

Not clear whether the fixture list just moves back with the start date and no real further info on either NCA or RFU website!

JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 17:44
Originally posted by quercynomad quercynomad wrote:

These have been released this afternoon based on a 5 September start date heavily caveated that the date might move.

Not clear whether the fixture list just moves back with the start date and no real further info on either NCA or RFU website!

RFU announcement gives more info

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/1e/1e3dd581-3dcb-4e61-9389-f5c07667c51a/NCA%20Fixtures%202020-2021.pdf
JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 17:47
Originally posted by JonDee JonDee wrote:

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/1e/1e3dd581-3dcb-4e61-9389-f5c07667c51a/NCA%20Fixtures%202020-2021.pdf

try again !!!

JonDee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 17:49

on the RFU website it gives more info cannot get the link

try again !!!

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 17:49
I think we will play those fixtures on those dates. If we start late the missed fixtures get added to the end.

If we start by 3rd October we play all thirty rounds and go on into May.
If not we are into window 2 and play one round of fixtures home or away followed by top 8 / bottom 8.
And if cannot start until after 28th Nov  we go into the third window it is just one round of fixtures.

And if we have not got started by February we call everything off - as there will not be time for 15 matches.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 20:08
Originally posted by Camquin Camquin wrote:

I think we will play those fixtures on those dates. If we start late the missed fixtures get added to the end.

If we start by 3rd October we play all thirty rounds and go on into May.
If not we are into window 2 and play one round of fixtures home or away followed by top 8 / bottom 8.
And if cannot start until after 28th Nov  we go into the third window it is just one round of fixtures.

And if we have not got started by February we call everything off - as there will not be time for 15 matches.

Those scenarios make sense - cannot believe RFU had anything to do with it.

However, I seriously doubt we will start 5th September - but hopefully I am wrong.
RAID ON
GazJo12 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GazJo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 21:20
At last some tangible information for us to get our teeth although worst case scenario we know the "Conferences" in each league, although I concur the 5th September in my opinion is slightly optimistic, hope I am wrong and the governing body are correct.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 22:37
There are no conferences in the National Leagues.
Apparently it is fine to travel from Plymouth to Darlington - and not just to check ones eyesight.

Let's hope we do get some rugby.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 08:51
But remember if you take the coach to Bernard Castle you will have to book in advance😂😂😂
So many Christians not enough Lions
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 09:46
Just read an article in the Telegraph.

Apparently the RFU still haven't submitted their road map to restarting play to the government! Why not, what have they been doing for the past months - football has already done their's for grass roots resumption.

Also the article is still discussing various options including 2 touch rugby with 8 plays to score (sounds like rugby league to me) also versions of the game without scrums, rucks and mauls.

It does however state that clubs will not be forced to accept any hybrid type game, acknowledging that some clubs aren't interested until proper rugby union can resume.

At no point do crowds get mentioned!

In light of this rugby restarting 5th September is pie in the sky🤔🤔
RAID ON
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:28
Agree with what Raider just wrote in addition can't say I take any comfort from the fact that after two rounds of testing of Premiership Squads just 1% of those tested have CV-19. Their test groups where 800 and 856. So if we use the RFU's GMS data we have 350K Registered 1st XV players, that would equate 3500 may have contracted CV-19...….that works out at just under 2 players per Club 1st XVs...……………….. would you take to the field knowing that possibly 4 people on it could infect you with a life challenging virus?

Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:34
I think your maths are off.

If one person in a hundred are infected and there are 43 people on tee pitch then your would expect less than one to be infected.

For a man under 30 playing rugby the risk of death from from covid is probably in the same order as the risk of being paralysed. So should we all play tag?

No the supporters in the crowd are a different matter.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:37
Do those figures add up?  If those tests return 1% positive then why does it jump to over 10% when you apply it to the RFU GMS data?
[edit] thinking along the same lines as Camquin

Edited by Mark W-J - 16 Jul 2020 at 10:38
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:16
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Do those figures add up?  If those tests return 1% positive then why does it jump to over 10% when you apply it to the RFU GMS data?
[edit] thinking along the same lines as Camquin

1% of 350k is 3,500 as PiffPaff stated. Not sure where you get 10% from?

Edited by Raider999 - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:18
RAID ON
quercynomad View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quercynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:20
More how you jump from 3500 to 2 players per first XV (=10%)

If you stick with 1% then with 43 players on the pitch less than 1 person every 2 games would be expected to be positive 
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:23
Mark, its a sample and 1% of 350000 is 3500 is it not? The number of participating 1st XVs is roughly 1600, 3500/1600 = 2.18.

Think I may have stated this badly, but it two separate tests groups about 1% of those Premiership Squads (1686 in total) Tested are positive. These are the elite end of the game, I very much doubt your average Club player has been in a totally Covid free environment. If you take the sample of the two tests and say that the rest of the rugby playing population will have the same rate then 1% of 350K is 3500.

If anyone thinks Rugby is coming back to your local Club in Window 1 I would suggest you think again. For the RFU to suggest as per the article in the Telegraph that a form of Touch Rugby is the way forward is well pointless, how many Front Rowers want to chase Wingers around all game?

I'll say it now, rugby other than the elite side with regular testing will NOT be back before 2021.

Edited by PiffPaff - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:25
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:25
The RFU roadmap for returning to rugby has been available on their website for some weeks. What they haven’t done is worked out how to get back to full contact. Sensibly they have been waiting to see how the Premiership worked and also are waiting on the Government itself. If you read the RFU twice-weekly bulletins you’ll know how hard they are working on this!

Yes, they are looking at reduced contact options but that is for the lower levels, not NCA levels. We need crowds but, as has been pointed out, while the players are Under 30 and low risk, our crowds are largely over 60 and therefore high risk. 

Nobody can yet say when rugby will restart, in the same way nobody can say when restrictions on pubs and restaurants will ease. If you know what Dominic Cummings’ Plan for us all is, please share it!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:27

More how you jump from 3500 to 2 players per first XV (=10%)

If you stick with 1% then with 43 players on the pitch less than 1 person every 2 games would be expected to be positive 

Agreed on that, but MJ stated PPs figures jumped from 1 to 10% - just pointing out they didn't.

As for the crowd - I would say most are either above 60 or below 20 - most of the former are reluctant to venture out - most of the latter don't seem to obey the social distancing anyway.

Besides, as I said the article in Telegraph doesn't mention crowds at all.
RAID ON
hills17 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hills17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:58
Originally posted by PiffPaff PiffPaff wrote:

Mark, its a sample and 1% of 350000 is 3500 is it not? The number of participating 1st XVs is roughly 1600, 3500/1600 = 2.18.

Think I may have stated this badly, but it two separate tests groups about 1% of those Premiership Squads (1686 in total) Tested are positive. These are the elite end of the game, I very much doubt your average Club player has been in a totally Covid free environment. If you take the sample of the two tests and say that the rest of the rugby playing population will have the same rate then 1% of 350K is 3500.

If anyone thinks Rugby is coming back to your local Club in Window 1 I would suggest you think again. For the RFU to suggest as per the article in the Telegraph that a form of Touch Rugby is the way forward is well pointless, how many Front Rowers want to chase Wingers around all game?

I'll say it now, rugby other than the elite side with regular testing will NOT be back before 2021.

Doesn't seem so daunting now the 2021 thought, people were saying it back along. Hoping some can get going before then. I know we are running out of time for September but does almost feel like world is getting back.

Touch rugby for a while to get clubs open/ game moving? Adapt whilst need to etc. Recently back to the pub, adapted to new way, just good to be back.

Seen a mention refer to the Darlington/ Plymouth distance, done this over the years as one of many trips but even I know rugby is one of the most contactable sports out there so important to be safe etc. Seeing protests and beaches packed in recent weeks make me think hope rugby is not left behind because of it's contactable nature.
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:41
The sample of Premiership Rugby returned 1% positive.  But you go on to say that if you apply the figures to the game as a whole it equates to 2 players per 1st XV, or four players per match.  Four players out of 40 (including replacements) is 10%.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic