National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

It is the year 2030

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 14:18
Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Originally posted by Richard Lowther Richard Lowther wrote:

Originally posted by greeneyed greeneyed wrote:

It is the year 2030 and the price of a pint is 4,000 renminbi.

Or Bitcoins, but I was favouring roubles. 
Altairian Dollars.  Or Flavian Pobble Beans.  Or the Triganic Pu, if you can find a warehouse big enough to store the coins 

Now your entering the worlds of fantasy. 
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 14:24

Originally posted by CJB1 CJB1 wrote:

Originally posted by greeneyed greeneyed wrote:

It is the year 2030 and the price of a pint is 4,000 renminbi.

Or Bitcoins, but I was favouring roubles. 
Altairian Dollars.  Or Flavian Pobble Beans.  Or the Triganic Pu, if you can find a warehouse big enough to store the coins 

Now your entering the worlds of fantasy. 
Appropriate for anything pertaining to the RFU, don't you think?
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Old Hooker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 17:44
What a wonderful thought Haliford mmmmm
another one against the head
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 22:38
Originally posted by WINGER14 WINGER14 wrote:

2030,  when Rugby,  Football and Cricket have been reclassified as 2nd tier sports.  The world of sport has been completely taken over by Women's Beach Volleyball.

Ah,  one can but Dream.

And I thought you wanted 7s tickets at the Commonwealth Games in 2022.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:14
Has attending a sporting event become the Norm by 2030?
RAID ON
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 15:24
Only after you've been tested for the Covid-28 virus and had your temperature taken. By the way, a vaccine for Covid-19 may be available in 2031!
Gargrave Green View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargrave Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:37
2030 and Wharfedale have re-felted the Scrattin' Shed roof...............two years earlier than planned.
It's funny how many people get mad when a sentence doesn't end as they carrot juice.
WINGER14 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WINGER14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 01:00
 22 May 2030,  should be my 82nd Birthday.  I wonder if I'll still be here ?

Keppeltitan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 13:33
What a thought I'll be 84 then we will just have to keep having our pre match pie then we should be OK Roger.

castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 14:48
There is no question that you gentlemen will still be around but Wharfedale re-felting the roof.....? Wink

Stay safe and stay well all
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
WINGER14 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WINGER14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 15:05
[QUOTE=Keppeltitan]What a thought I'll be 84 then we will just have to keep having our pre match pie then we should be OK Roger.

Peter

It's probably the regular intake of Pie, Chips and Peas that's got us this far in life.  If the Club continues to carry on serving these, we should be in line for a Telegram from  King William.
Old Hooker View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 16:46
Do not forget the Rioja !!!
another one against the head
Keppeltitan View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keppeltitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 18:22
Rioja at Roth no way Chantry  Iron&Steel for me & Jamesons for winger.
WINGER14 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WINGER14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 22:44
When Covid19 first appeared I wondered if Jamesons might help to fight the Virus, so I started drinking half a bottle a day.  Since then I can't remember showing any of the signs of the Virus,  come to think of it, I can't  remember much about anything.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 18:43

Originally posted by sidelined sidelined wrote:

I'd be surprised if Saracens haven't had to change their name by then, if only to keep peace. 

By 2030 the accepted meaning of the word had changed to refer to  benefits provided by reasons of generousity or altruism. 

Saracen
/ˈsarəs(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    A payment received not directly connected to your employment terms and conditions. E.g. I received a `Saracen` 
  2. 2.
    a nomad of the Syrian and Arabian desert at the time of the Roman Empire.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 19:53
By 2030 the accepted meaning of the word had changed to refer to  benefits provided by reasons of generousity or altruism. 

Saracen
/ˈsarəs(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    A payment received not directly connected to your employment terms and conditions. E.g. I received a `Saracen` 
  2. 2.
    a nomad of the Syrian and Arabian desert at the time of the Roman Empire.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Old Gold - 08 Aug 2020 at 19:54
One Club
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 19:00
2030?
Is that when the massive mergers have taken place?
Leicester Warriors playing one match a season in Wigan, whilst the Rugby League team play a match at Leicester?
Saracens Rugby League team shocked the sport becoming the first London winners of RL Super League.

Looking forward to new beginnings.
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 19:48
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

2030?
Leicester Warriors playing one match a season in Wigan, whilst the Rugby League team play a match at Leicester?
Saracens Rugby League team shocked the sport becoming the first London winners of RL Super League.

Gradually moving towards the time in the next decade after when the Northern rebels realise the folly of their ways and rejoin the one true code.
Camp Freddie View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Camp Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 10:15
Robb, would that be the Rugby Union Northern Rebels or the Rugby League Northern Rebels ?
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 13:19
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

2030?

Then being relegated for breaking the RL strict salary cap.
RAID ON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic