National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Delayed Re-start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 00:06
Given they only had two fit loose heads he had to play against Sale - and both now have to isolate having had contact with the Sale players.

But without that I believe Alex and Emmanuel would have had to play against Gloucester and Alex would have come on for the last ten minutes - or that seems to be the pattern.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 11:38
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

As a Gloucester supporter, I would rather have seen the game played.

I suspect it would have been if 7 qualified for Europe, but as it is 8 there is nothing on the game.

I believe that had Northampton beaten Gloucester and Worcester got a bonus point win over Sale then Worcester would have pipped Gloucester to the eighth European place. All ifs, buts and maybes, but that's sport...
Count Ford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 13:17

As a Gloucester supporter, I would rather have seen the game played.

I suspect it would have been if 7 qualified for Europe, but as it is 8 there is nothing on the game.

As for why Sale have been given extra time - I have no idea, but would suggest the other relevant games should also take place on Wednesday, otherwise Sale gave a huge advantage.

Interestingly, would the prop Gloucester lent Northampton for last week's Euro game been allowed to pla?

Having read some further information it appears Sale were willing to play (presumably they must have been training in groups or no close contact between all) but understandably given the amount of reported cases at the club, both PRL and Worcester were not entirely comfortable about this. 

I suspect PRL have given them an extension to avoid a potential lawsuit from Sale. However I suspect if public health England are uncomfortable with any of this then the game might end up getting cancelled anyway.

Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:59
Originally posted by Steve@Mose Steve@Mose wrote:

Worst case scenario?

Six more Sharks players tested positive, total number of infections at the club 27.
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 12:32
So this has happened at Sale.

Yet the RFU are restarting Womens rugby at the weekend, with .. No testing just a temp test and are you feeling ok today?

Can somebody tell me how long they think its going last before at least 50% of the sides are shut down.

Total madness !!!

Whoever has made that call wants to make themselves totally accountable for what happens!!

Edited by Scrumtime - 07 Oct 2020 at 12:35
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 13:39
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 14:41

Six Nations: 2021 tournament could be delayed to allow crowds

Allegedly to the end of March.

Could prove messy with it also being a Lions tour in the summer, there's not going to be much wiggle room if the 6N is pushed back even further.

I think it's a real possibility that one or both tournaments will be played behind closed doors, or - dare I say it - pushed back to 2022 Confused

Here's hoping a vaccine is found, and soon.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 00:14
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 20:24

Crowds at sporting events: Government will not set roadmap for fans returning to grounds

Just goes to show what this government thinks of sport and fans in general.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 20:36
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Crowds at sporting events: Government will not set roadmap for fans returning to grounds

They would do well to remember that the missing fans today are the voters of tomorrow.
RAID ON
Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:17

They would do well to remember that the missing fans today are the voters of tomorrow.

I assume you are not in favour of public health. Tell that to the families of those who have died. How many need to die so you can watch a game of rugby.

Any chance of you keeping your left wing propaganda off the pages of a rugby forum?
Mark W-J View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mark W-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:55
I love the fact that anyone who disagrees with - or even posts an opinion that isn't 100% aligned to - current government policy is spouting 'left-wing propaganda'.  What happened to letting other people have an opinion?
tulip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:57
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

I love the fact that anyone who disagrees with - or even posts an opinion that isn't 100% aligned to - current government policy is spouting 'left-wing propaganda'.  What happened to letting other people have an opinion?

You have just beaten me to the same reply Mark  Isn't that what forums are all about
Rucking Idiot View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rucking Idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:31
In today of all days we should all be thankful for the freedom of speech
If it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck it's just my rucking luck!
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:43
Originally posted by Fly Half Fly Half wrote:

I assume you are not in favour of public health. Tell that to the families of those who have died. How many need to die so you can watch a game of rugby.

Any chance of you keeping your left wing propaganda off the pages of a rugby forum?

There are so many things askew with that reply that it's difficult to get one's head around it.
Our City,
Our Club
Deva Delinquent View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deva Delinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:17
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

There are so many things askew with that reply that it's difficult to get one's head around it.

Aaaah, assumptions. What you mean is making things up to suit your own agenda.

Gotcha.
hills17 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hills17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:42
Originally posted by Deva Delinquent Deva Delinquent wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Aaaah, assumptions. What you mean is making things up to suit your own agenda.

Gotcha.

Yea sad assumptions made based on a message.
I miss rugby and when it is safe it will be great to get back to it. Follow non league football too so seen people can return. Sat in my home rugby ground many times and away ones, distancing could be achieved etc. Like they say though it’s the travelling to and from, again stagger travel etc can work, did it myself the other week made sure I left early to try and beat any holiday crowds as well as soak up atmosphere.

Have to have the old faith (as in whatever happens we can’t decide) that whatever is being decided now is based on public health in general and if they feel sporting events could affect that then off course we have to wait. I know someone who can’t play in a band at the moment too and hasn’t since March like rugby due to guidelines. It’s at what point do these things become safe, people said on here rugby wouldn’t return until a vaccine, hope now?

I’ve gone on the basis/ fact probably better word since lockdown in March that rugby is one of the most contactable sports out there so understood why it’s not been played despite it definitely being more than a game of rugby. Catching the bus to my club would feel safe masked etc and don’t feel it would be a mass gathering given the frequency of buses and out of the support base not sure how many use the bus but all places/ clubs different off course. From what I’ve seen of rugby it’s a bubble in itself with respectable people. Has to be for us as our away games take up Saturday anyway if not weekends. Many hours on the coach.

Definitely an interesting one, it’s nice to now be in November, 2021 mentioned originally for no rugby, almost there.

Edited by hills17 - 11 Nov 2020 at 12:44
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 19:26
Hills17 - I'm not sure if you have chosen your words unwisely? It's not "respectable" people we need to get out of this mess it's "responsible" people, sadly the two don't always go together. When we sit in front of our TV's watching throngs of people "revelling" and climbing over one another on the eve of lock downs or going into a higher tier, believing they are invincible or that Covid will have a night off, do we honestly believe that there are no "respectable rugby folk" joining in with those activities. Personally I can't think of a sport less suited to resumption than rugby, league and Union, and the sooner we acknowledge that the better and pray for a proper restart in September 2021.
Whilst we have conspiracy theorists, together with the pig ignorant and the "nobody's locking me down" contingent this virus will never be beaten.
The government know that and by their own admission are merely putting measures in place to prevent our marvellous NHS bring overrun.
Wait, do what your government is asking and please be responsible rather than respectable

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 20:43
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

Hills17 - I'm not sure if you have chosen your words unwisely? It's not "respectable" people we need to get out of this mess it's "responsible" people, sadly the two don't always go together. When we sit in front of our TV's watching throngs of people "revelling" and climbing over one another on the eve of lock downs or going into a higher tier, believing they are invincible or that Covid will have a night off, do we honestly believe that there are no "respectable rugby folk" joining in with those activities. Personally I can't think of a sport less suited to resumption than rugby, league and Union, and the sooner we acknowledge that the better and pray for a proper restart in September 2021.
Whilst we have conspiracy theorists, together with the pig ignorant and the "nobody's locking me down" contingent this virus will never be beaten.
The government know that and by their own admission are merely putting measures in place to prevent our marvellous NHS bring overrun.
Wait, do what your government is asking and please be responsible rather than respectable

Totally agree.
RAID ON
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 09:17
ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic