National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

OE's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingRuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OE's
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:50
Where's the "OE's" thread gone which was looking at their viability for the coming season, whenever that might be? It was there on Saturday but gone today.
See you further on up the road
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 13:58
I believe the important information was they had moved to the University Ground they were using a few seasons ago and they expected to field a side. While it might not feature many of the faces from two seasons ago theyhope it will be competitive.
Sweeney Delenda Est
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 16:03
I have heard (although not seen it confirmed) that they have signed Devlin Hope from Esher. 
RJV View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 16:33
I think we had a troll who didnt get a hook as it were so they likely deleted it. Rumours are rife on OEs but what is known is what has been said prior, a ground relocation and a back room set up that I am certain will attract the necessary players to stay in the hunt! Roll on 2050 when the season starts! :-) 
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 17:07
Originally posted by RJV RJV wrote:

Roll on 2050 when the season starts! :-) 

I admire your optimism.  Wink
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 20:15
However, having looked on the OEs site, I am not sure whether they have moved.

NCA site the primary location is Perry St. so the university ground. But it still lists last season's clubs.
The girls' rugby day is at College Green. 
But I think the M&Y never left the school.

Sweeney Delenda Est
Dave G/w View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave G/w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 20:34
Drove passed Queen Mary’s sports ground in perry street , OE’s have moved back to playing there. Sign has gone up saying home games will be played there .
The Joy of (Level) 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joy of (Level) 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 21:55
Regardless of any of the above, why was the thread removed?
Their DOR was always pretty forthright in spreading the OEs version of events so what’s the point?
TJOS
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 08:09
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

I have heard (although not seen it confirmed) that they have signed Devlin Hope from Esher. 
He has certainly left Esher, have yet to see the transfer form but it’s what we understand. Ciaran McGann, Elliot Quinton and Oli Holman have joined Esher from OEs. I think Esher get the best of that trade!

Edited by Halliford - 22 Sep 2020 at 08:09
Fiscalio View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiscalio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:45
The original thread was my first ever post, so suppose I didn't use the right approach.  It is still visible to me, albeit locked, presumably by the admin.

Alderman View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 13:03
Well three for one always sounds like a good deal! What can you tell us about Devin Hope?
FlyingRuck View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingRuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 14:56
Was in the Blackheath squad a couple of seasons back.
See you further on up the road
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 16:00
Devin Montgomery was in the Blackheath squad, don’t recognise Devin Hope.
So many Christians not enough Lions
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 17:12
Devlin Hope is a Hooker who was at Esher and previously Coventry and breifly Darlinton and Scottish. 
15 tries in 94 games.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Richard Lowther View Drop Down
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lowther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 17:38
Originally posted by FlyingRuck FlyingRuck wrote:

Where's the "OE's" thread gone which was looking at their viability for the coming season, whenever that might be? It was there on Saturday but gone today.

It was removed whilst I checked something. It is back now.
Moderator National League Rugby Message Boards

Remember Wakefield RFC
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 18:17
Devlin is a nice guy and good around the park. His problem as a hooker is that he usually misses the barn door by some way, especially when under pressure.

Esher have Andy Hamilton from Blackheath and Rhodri Tanner from Moseley at hooker, both more accurate.

Edited by Halliford - 22 Sep 2020 at 18:18
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic