National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

England scrum half withdrawn due to Covid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England scrum half withdrawn due to Covid
    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 16:45
Sad to see Natasha Hunt having to withdraw. However what i do not understand is;
'There were no other positive tests among the England squad and no-one else was forced to isolate because they had come into close contact with Hunt.' Has she been in the gym, rugby training, having meetings and eating on her own for the last few days? Can someone explain?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 17:17
The RFU has a risk assessment which we use at the Club when a positive test is reported. for there to be close contact requires les than 1 metre and non-fleeting, i.e. greater than 3 seconds. Under normal training this is rarely achieved, however it may be if contact training has taken place. If the team wore masks when inside their hotels then that also reduces the close contact. I would imagine the assessment is based around those criteria.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic