National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU confirm plans for NCA Cup competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 09:23
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

Robb: There is no such league as National 3

An early entrant for Pedant of the Week Wink

Not at all! I was just pointing out why the NCA had not included that level. 

Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 09:42
Originally posted by Scrumtime Scrumtime wrote:

Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

The RFU have confirmed that the NCA Cup is not considered elite rugby so, like soccer, crowds will be allowed up to one third of normal Ground capacity. Of course, that is subject to any restrictions from the Tier system in a particular area. I’m putting more faith in that than a vaccine which will take months to reach me.

I just hope they get something good like this for those of us at National 3 too.

As for capacity, unless you're Guernsey or have a proper stadium, you can easily just point to the old Courage Clubs Directory from 1990 to point out what the capacity is and get more in. :)

Robb: There is no such league as National 3 and its not under the NCA

Kent have all the details and have pulled together two groups of 6 sides from Prem s/e and London1 from what I understand.With the top 4 going into a semi then final.

Yes there is, it's just been given the banal rebrand of "Region Premier League". It's still National 3 to me.
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 09:56
The "National" tag seems to attract more kudos from sponsors and the like  for obvious reasons but how can a league be classed as national when it's split into 4 regions?
The contradiction here, of course, is that Nat2 is also regionalised so let's not get too carried away with our own importance. If Robb wants to call his league Nat3 (South East) that's fine by me
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:23
A club could be termed national because it has players from all over the nation, or even international if you like.
Anyway when do we know who has agreed to play in this cup competition and when will the groups be announced?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:50
The NCA Clubs have to reply by 30th November saying whether they wish to enter or not. I believe (but don't know) that it's the same date for Clubs at Level 5 and below.
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 14:52
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Yes there is, it's just been given the banal rebrand of "Region Premier League". It's still National 3 to me.

Quite right. My team play in the banally named "National League One" but it's "The Only League Worth Bothering About" to me. 
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 15:43

The NCA Clubs have to reply by 30th November saying whether they wish to enter or not. I believe (but don't know) that it's the same date for Clubs at Level 5 and below.

Any truth to the rumour that Cornwall are going it alone?
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 07:54
Correct: It was in the Cornish press yesterday. 
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 08:31
I suspect Redruth would rather play Camborne and St Ives than Plymouth and Cinderford. Geography rules OK?
Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 18:24

Def same in SW

https://swrugby.co.uk/latest-news

Clubs can opt-in or out of their proposed clusters by filling in the following short survey herePlease be aware that clubs with multiple teams in the pyramid will need to fill out a response for each team.

Based on the attached initial detail, clubs are requested to confirm their ‘opt-in’ by 30th November to enable Organising Committees time to finalise the clusters and develop fixture lists.

workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:08
The proposal to start a NCA cup competition is a good way of getting back to playing, however the timing would appear to be a little optimistic with the start date the 14th January. All clubs are currently at A in the road map and no chance of starting training until First week in December at the earliest , with certain areas having to stay in the highest tier of Lockdown further into December, Which would leave a maximum of 4 weeks including Xmas and New Year. Do doubt the government will re impose a further lock down after Xmas to prevent another wave until the vaccine is rolled out. Traveling even short distances will be a problem getting players and staff into a coach to travel will risk infection. Are we going to be allowed to use the changing rooms and Bars? This all needs to be sorted had this been in the summer not in mid winter it would not be such a problem for players and spectators who would happily stand outside with an open air bar. The vaccinations will come later on in the spring except for the over 65 , health workers and the vulnerable so at least most of the clubs officials will be ok. 
I am not trying to be obstructive but all these issues need to be addressed by the NCA and clubs to ensure the games can go ahead.
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:09
The proposal to start a NCA cup competition is a good way of getting back to playing, however the timing would appear to be a little optimistic with the start date the 14th January. All clubs are currently at A in the road map and no chance of starting training until First week in December at the earliest , with certain areas having to stay in the highest tier of Lockdown further into December, Which would leave a maximum of 4 weeks including Xmas and New Year. No doubt the government will re impose a further lock down after Xmas to prevent another wave until the vaccine is rolled out. Traveling even short distances will be a problem getting players and staff into a coach to travel will risk infection. Are we going to be allowed to use the changing rooms and Bars? This all needs to be sorted had this been in the summer not in mid winter it would not be such a problem for players and spectators who would happily stand outside with an open air bar. The vaccinations will come later on in the spring except for the over 65 , health workers and the vulnerable so at least most of the clubs officials will be ok. 
I am not trying to be obstructive but all these issues need to be addressed by the NCA and clubs to ensure the games can go ahead.
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:48
And they are, on a regular basis.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 17:37
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The proposal to start a NCA cup competition is a good way of getting back to playing, however the timing would appear to be a little optimistic with the start date the 14th January. All clubs are currently at A in the road map and no chance of starting training until First week in December at the earliest , with certain areas having to stay in the highest tier of Lockdown further into December, Which would leave a maximum of 4 weeks including Xmas and New Year. No doubt the government will re impose a further lock down after Xmas to prevent another wave until the vaccine is rolled out. Traveling even short distances will be a problem getting players and staff into a coach to travel will risk infection. Are we going to be allowed to use the changing rooms and Bars? This all needs to be sorted had this been in the summer not in mid winter it would not be such a problem for players and spectators who would happily stand outside with an open air bar. The vaccinations will come later on in the spring except for the over 65 , health workers and the vulnerable so at least most of the clubs officials will be ok. </span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I am not trying to be obstructive but all these issues need to be addressed by the NCA and clubs to ensure the games can go ahead.

Not sure there is much point in the NCA Cup unless spectators are allowed and bars, club lunches are permitted. Otherwise it will be all outlay and no income for a few weeks of Rugby Lite.
RAID ON
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 19:03
Raider I would suggest the positives of giving the players an organised structured run of fixtures against local opposition after having had little to look forward to on Saturdays far outweighs mothballing the entire rest of the season. WB points out some very real challenges but I have found most rugby clubs and rugby folk adopt a very positive/can do attitude when tough times appear and I am certain this will continue to be the case going forward.
FHLH View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cambridge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FHLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:38
Outdoor sport to retuirn?

A ban on outdoor grassroots sport is set to be lifted in England when the national lockdown ends.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will make a statement to the House of Commons on Monday unveiling plans for Covid-19 restrictions from 2 December, which MPs will vote on later in the week.

While parts of the tier system will be toughened, it is expected that outdoor grassroots sport will be allowed across all tiers.

Lisa Wainwright, chief executive of the Sport and Recreation Alliance, said it was "critical that a proportion of this money goes to the lifeblood of each sport at the community level".

She added: "It remains crucial that community sport and recreation is opened up as soon as possible to enhance the physical and mental health of the nation as we move out of the debilitating effects of lockdown.

"While this release of funding is a very welcome development, we should remember that many sports are not covered by this package and they remain in a perilous situation with clubs and community centres struggling to survive the latest restrictions.

"To this extent, community sport and leisure still stands on a precipice."

"My father told me big men fall just as quick as little ones, if you put a sword through their hearts."
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 15:27
'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 17:48
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

Fans at sporting events: Maximum of 4,000 set to be allowed in England - BBC Sport

In the lowest risk areas, a maximum of 50% occupancy of a stadium, or 4,000 fans - whichever is smaller - will be allowed to return. In tier two, that drops to 2,000 fans or 50% capacity, whichever is smaller.

In tier three, fans will continue to be barred from grounds.

What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 13:06
You mean one man and his dog cannot wander onto a local park whilst a game of rugger is going on.............
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 13:39
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

You mean one man and his dog cannot wander onto a local park whilst a game of rugger is going on.............

If ground is on a said park or public recreation ground and the gate is accidentally left open and no monies being taken for entry, who is to say?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic