National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU confirm plans for NCA Cup competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 14:20
Originally posted by Robb Robb wrote:

Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

You mean one man and his dog cannot wander onto a local park whilst a game of rugger is going on.............

If ground is on a said park or public recreation ground and the gate is accidentally left open and no monies being taken for entry, who is to say?

can always charge for the programme....
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 16:55
Keep posting, Billesleyexile1, only another 500 to get back to your old level!
billesleyexile1 View Drop Down
Mini and Juniors
Mini and Juniors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 17:10
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

I've genuinely got no idea what happened - went to log in the other week and it didn't recognise my username, posting name, email address, anything. None of them have changed... it was the fact it didn't recognise the username that totally threw me! You can't even contact an admin from that position.

Been posting one here since 2011 or whenever it was and just shut out... trying not to take it personally!
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 18:18
Originally posted by billesleyexile1 billesleyexile1 wrote:

I've genuinely got no idea what happened - went to log in the other week and it didn't recognise my username, posting name, email address, anything. None of them have changed... it was the fact it didn't recognise the username that totally threw me! You can't even contact an admin from that position.

Been posting one here since 2011 or whenever it was and just shut out... trying not to take it personally!

and with one bound, he was free!

you ever so slightly undershot how many posts I'd need to make by a factor of 2 Halliford! LOL
keep the faith
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 21:38
Originally posted by billesleyexile billesleyexile wrote:

Originally posted by billesleyexile1 billesleyexile1 wrote:

and with one bound, he was free!

you ever so slightly undershot how many posts I'd need to make by a factor of 2 Halliford! LOL
Is this freedom or are you out on licence? Apologies for undershooting, I forgot that you’re trying to rival Trump for post numbers!LOL
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 09:40
So what happens now Halliford?

Kent in tier 3 as is most of the north.
Clubhouse bars stay shut.

5 days off over Xmas 

Tier 3 coming for all (apart from Cornwall who are doing their own thing anyway ) in Jan I'd say 

Whats the next move please?

Edited by Scrumtime - 27 Nov 2020 at 09:44
MCNRY View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCNRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:13
If Halifford can provide an answer within 24 hours of the government announcement, he'd be better off in power than on this forum! The word patience springs to mind....

Edited by MCNRY - 27 Nov 2020 at 11:14
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 16:00
I calkculate 24 NCA Clubs beinbg in Tier 3, 22 in Tier 2 and 2 (Guernsey and Redruth) being in Tier 1. Rugby can be played at every level, subject to the type of game DCMS will allow the RFU to play. At Tiers 1 and 2 Clubhouse Bars can be open provided they are serving a substantial meal. Outdoor bars are allowed provided people don't mix with another household (Tier 2) or end up in groups bigger than 6 (Tier 1).

The optimist would say, great, let's find a way of doing it!

The pessimist would say, I'll follow Scrumtime Wink

Edited by Halliford - 27 Nov 2020 at 16:00
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 16:16

I calkculate 24 NCA Clubs beinbg in Tier 3, 22 in Tier 2 and 2 (Guernsey and Redruth) being in Tier 1. Rugby can be played at every level, subject to the type of game DCMS will allow the RFU to play. At Tiers 1 and 2 Clubhouse Bars can be open provided they are serving a substantial meal. Outdoor bars are allowed provided people don't mix with another household (Tier 2) or end up in groups bigger than 6 (Tier 1).

Play nicely please!

I was asking because you are about 3 weeks ahead of the news!  

I will stand corrected but I don’t think you can travel in and out of tier 3, sport or no sport 
I see super Spurs have said no fans will be admitted from tier 3 areas. 
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 19:52

Except it has already been said that Guernsey are not allowing visitors for their football team, so why would they for the rugby team?

At least Redrith can have a local comp with Launceston etc.

Edited by Raider999 - 27 Nov 2020 at 19:53
RAID ON
stonehousealbion View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonehousealbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 20:32

My personal feeling is that this competition will be a test of personal/collective Covid hygiene practices as much as the usual on-field skills and the ability to adapt to the new "rugby-lite". (Which will have an interesting, hopefully entertaining, but short lifespan.)

Additionally, individual players will have varying views of the pros/cons of putting body/career/lifestyle on the line for a competition of undetermined merit.

All this sounds terribly negative and bah - humbuggy in an un-Xmas way. The NCA and participating clubs will need a lot of good luck for the Cup to succeed as intended. I fear it won't need much in the way of bad luck or decisions at all for it to misfire - or worse.

Example: A household in my family (OEs catchment area), has tested 2/3 +ve (both males, gents) after a meal out at a responsibly managed, socially distanced restaurant 9 days ago. Female parent currently awaiting second test result after displaying typical Covid symptoms since Fri am. It could all boil down to an inadequately cleaned door handle/tap/loo seat in the Gents as female initially tested -ve. (Symptoms appear to be moderating all round at this stage, thankfully.) More than any amount of stats or Govt blandishment, this has caused prolonged pause for thought on my part. Male parent is a rugby supporter straight out of R-M demographic with underlying health concerns totally under control pre-pandemic. But I can't see him rushing to attend matches in what should be the one of the most attractive groups.

As they used to say at SU debates, "This is speaking ON the subject" rather than for/against. Anyone care to try and boost my flagging optimism?
Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 14:47
My glass is half full.

But as someone else touched it I can't drink out of it Stern Smile
DGS Old Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DGS Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 19:17
This might be a silly question but how will a club in Covid tier 3 travel to a club in Covid their 2 when it's not allowed?

Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 20:14
Originally posted by DGS Old Boy DGS Old Boy wrote:

This might be a silly question but how will a club in Covid tier 3 travel to a club in Covid their 2 when it's not allowed?

Not a silly question at all, also how can a tier 2 team return to base after playing at a tier 3 venue - again not allowed.
RAID ON
Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moseley Mauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:34
I can't believe that this competition will go ahead
backrowb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backrowb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 13:01
Originally posted by Moseley Mauler Moseley Mauler wrote:

I can't believe that this competition will go ahead
Agreed.  The comp was thought up when rates in the SE were low
BFG1 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFG1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 17:18

The RFU information on Tier restrictions is correct for amateur players but there is a subtle difference for paid players. They come under the “sport as paid employment” category and, as such, are exempt from the travel restrictions in Tier 3. Rugby does not have to be their full time profession and can be considered to be a part time job. People in this category can travel to train or play rugby matches providing they are paid. Paid coaches, physios and any paid support staff also come into to this category.

To come under this category, a person must be remunerated for rugby duties at an hourly rate no less than the National Minimum Wage hourly rate which for adults is currently £8.72. This must be evidenced by payment through a payroll system with appropriate deductions of tax and NI. My understanding is that rugby work is the time that the person is required to be at his place of work which is the training ground or a match location. Travelling time is not considered to be rugby time.

Unfortunately players who are not paid do not come under this relaxation and are governed by the Tier 3 restrictions on travel.

Some of the key Tier restrictions affecting level 3 and 4 clubs are summarized below. These should be read in conjunction with the guidelines on the RFU web site.

Aspect

Clubs in Tier 1 & 2

Clubs in Tier 3

Travel to training

Allowed for any players and support staff who live in Tier 1 and 2. Those who live in Tier 3 must be paid

Allowable for players and support staff in the club’s own specific Tier area. Only allowable for those living outside the specific Tier area if they  are paid

Travel to matches

No restriction for games where both clubs are in Tiers 1 and 2. For games played in Tier 3, visiting players and support staff must be paid

Allowable if all players and support staff of both clubs live within the home club’s specific Tier area or are paid.

Playing games

Allowable between clubs in Tiers 1 and 2 providing all players and support staff live in those tiers or are paid. For home game against a club from Tier 3, the away club’s players and support staff who life in a Tier 3 area must be paid. For away games to a Tier 3 club, the away team’s players and support staff must be paid

For games played in tier 3, all players and support staff for both clubs who live outside the specific Tier 3 area must be paid. For away games for clubs in Tier 3 outside their specific Tier area, all the away team’s players and support staff who live in Tier 3 areas must be paid

Spectators

Up to 2,000 socially distanced spectators following the rule of 6

none

Bar and catering

As per general Covid restriction affecting pubs and restaurants

none

Coach travel

Allowable subject to the general Covid restrictions for public transport. Your travel company can advise on these.

Allowable under the general Covid restrictions for public transport. Your travel company can advise on these.

Volunteer support staff and match officials traveling to games

They may travel across all Tiers but the RFU recommends that numbers are kept to the absolute minimum

They may travel across all Tiers but the RFU recommends that numbers are kept to the absolute minimum

Changing rooms and showers

Can be used subject to the restrictions on RFU web site

Moseley Mauler View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moseley Mauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 17:21
What a farce. As I have already said, it won't happen....
billesleyexile View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billesleyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 18:52
Originally posted by BFG1 BFG1 wrote:

The RFU information on Tier restrictions is correct for amateur players but there is a subtle difference for paid players. They come under the “sport as paid employment” category and, as such, are exempt from the travel restrictions in Tier 3. Rugby does not have to be their full time profession and can be considered to be a part time job. People in this category can travel to train or play rugby matches providing they are paid. Paid coaches, physios and any paid support staff also come into to this category.

To come under this category, a person must be remunerated for rugby duties at an hourly rate no less than the National Minimum Wage hourly rate which for adults is currently £8.72. This must be evidenced by payment through a payroll system with appropriate deductions of tax and NI. My understanding is that rugby work is the time that the person is required to be at his place of work which is the training ground or a match location. Travelling time is not considered to be rugby time.

Unfortunately players who are not paid do not come under this relaxation and are governed by the Tier 3 restrictions on travel.

Some of the key Tier restrictions affecting level 3 and 4 clubs are summarized below. These should be read in conjunction with the guidelines on the RFU web site.

Aspect

Clubs in Tier 1 & 2

Clubs in Tier 3

Travel to training

Allowed for any players and support staff who live in Tier 1 and 2. Those who live in Tier 3 must be paid

Allowable for players and support staff in the club’s own specific Tier area. Only allowable for those living outside the specific Tier area if they  are paid

Travel to matches

No restriction for games where both clubs are in Tiers 1 and 2. For games played in Tier 3, visiting players and support staff must be paid

Allowable if all players and support staff of both clubs live within the home club’s specific Tier area or are paid.

Playing games

Allowable between clubs in Tiers 1 and 2 providing all players and support staff live in those tiers or are paid. For home game against a club from Tier 3, the away club’s players and support staff who life in a Tier 3 area must be paid. For away games to a Tier 3 club, the away team’s players and support staff must be paid

For games played in tier 3, all players and support staff for both clubs who live outside the specific Tier 3 area must be paid. For away games for clubs in Tier 3 outside their specific Tier area, all the away team’s players and support staff who live in Tier 3 areas must be paid

Spectators

Up to 2,000 socially distanced spectators following the rule of 6

none

Bar and catering

As per general Covid restriction affecting pubs and restaurants

none

Coach travel

Allowable subject to the general Covid restrictions for public transport. Your travel company can advise on these.

Allowable under the general Covid restrictions for public transport. Your travel company can advise on these.

Volunteer support staff and match officials traveling to games

Changing rooms and showers

All of which is lovely, but who is going to pay their players to play behind closed doors for the hell of it?

Seriously, I've said before that if Mose get a game on and we can go then I'll go, I just can't see it happening.
keep the faith
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 20:08
Trust me - it won't!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic