National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

RFU confirm plans for NCA Cup competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 14:19
Can we play the NCA Cup on Zoom?
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 15:51
By March all over 50 should have had a vaccine so we could get out an over 50 team. It will not be 40 minutes each way just sudden death.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 16:27
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

By March all over 50 should have had a vaccine...
Really? Last time I checked I was slated for some time in March. (67; no health issues).
Has it changed that much in the last week or so?
Our City,
Our Club
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbie Burns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 16:58
Depends on the news bulletin Kimbo, on one I would be done in Feb in another April so who knows just wait for the call 
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 18:53
Guess so RB. I tried a couple of predictor site thingies. Both came up with similar.
My ninety year old mum still hasn't got her date yet!
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 18:57
Just tried this one again. It put my date back into late March/early April! Lol.
Our City,
Our Club
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 19:09
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Just tried this one again. It put my date back into late March/early April! Lol.

Did that one - last 2 weeks in March - although it is assuming 1m jabs a week, target is 2m a week so probably somewhere in between.
RAID ON
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 16:47

By March all over 50 should have had a vaccine so we could get out an over 50 team. It will not be 40 minutes each way just sudden death.
You might re word that, is it a sudden death of a player that decides the winner lol.
Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 09:33

Simply not true.

If all goes well,realistally,it will be end of May before all over 60's are vaccinated.
donnyladinsheffield View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote donnyladinsheffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 09:56
I think worker bee was joking but it still does raise important issues. Don’t forget we still do not know if the vaccine prevents infection or symptoms. If the latter then those vaccinated will still be capable of being infected and transmitting to others. Being symptom free means they are less likely to realise they are doing that. 

A neighbour of mine who works for Pfizer (in sales but show know about this) said even if it prevents infection where those vaccinated come into contact with the virus they can still transmit it as will be live for a short period (days) before dying having not been able to replicate. 

The idea that the vaccinated can move about without adverse impact is just wrong. Also looks like we do not know how long the vaccination of effective. Might have to be redone each year. 

Also let’s not pretend it is just the old and vulnerable who are affected by this. The impact of long COVID and post vital fatigue in those who were otherwise low risk is becoming more prevalent. 

We are a long way from normal life and sports events with large crowds 

He's alright and he don't care; He's got thermal underwear
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 13:00
I think you will find that the NCA have cancelled the proposed NCA cup and are looking to start a shortened version starting in the Summer months. This will impact on clubs who are multi sports facilities and have cricket in the summer. This will be a dilemma for those clubs, whilst it is good to have the ground used in the summer for Cricket it does not bring any real income to the club compared to Rugby. Spectators at most local cricket clubs usually have one man and his dog, which brings in no money at the gate or over the bar. 
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 14:40
Yes like so many others I miss my weekly visits to watch a local rugby match.
 Yes like so many others I am worried and concerned about the long term impact in the future the virus will have on what is referred to as “normal lifestyle “. 
And above all - Yes we need the powers that be to be decisive and face up to the fact that for the foreseeable future we are not going to see a return to rugby as we knew it 18 months ago. 
This continual chopping and changing of plans to try and get rugby played in some form below the top two levels is to me a complete waste of time. 
Better for them, the powers that be, to come out and say “Sorry guys, there will be no more rugby until the country as a whole is back to some form of normality.”

Sits back and awaits the outcries of horror. 

Edited by Puli. - 09 Jan 2021 at 15:42
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 15:28
The RFU have been following a plan and a structure that was set out back in June. The Return to Play structure is easy to follow and helps Clubs plan ahead. The problem is that the RFU have to follow DCMS and Government guidance, which is clearly not following a plan and does not let anyone plan ahead. 
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 16:03
No shock/horror from me Puli - absolutely agree - the only possible disparity from my point of view is that Professional/elite sport should also be shut down. The idea that all this testing, playing a full game of contact sport then sitting in the stand with a mask on once substituted will halt the spread of the virus is laughable. Oh yes and we can now add to that no celebrating tries or after match handshakes - futile. There's no such thing as "safe" anymore! 
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 16:19
Anyone with any sense knew back in June that this season simply wasn’t taking place.

Lots of wasted hot air by people trying to act busy and be seen to be doing the ‘right’ thing.

Simple clarity from the start but too many selfish people thought we can do this, do that, get a little bit of this or a little bit of that which is in general what the UK has done for 10 months.

Libertarian mayhem with no authority.

Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 23:53
That’s rubbish, Monkey Boy! What some of us have been trying to do is to find positives. You can sit in your Ivory tower and moan but some of us have Clubs to run and players to listen to. Many of them have wanted to play when possible! It may not now be possible but it has always been worth trying. We are having to live with a Government that has signally failed to manage this pandemic and left us all at the mercy of others while offering nothing but platitudes. There were positive periods in the autumn and there will be in the spring. Let’s take advantage of them and be positive about the outlook for the Ckubs we run.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 09:39
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

That’s rubbish, Monkey Boy! What some of us have been trying to do is to find positives. You can sit in your Ivory tower and moan but some of us have Clubs to run and players to listen to. Many of them have wanted to play when possible! It may not now be possible but it has always been worth trying. We are having to live with a Government that has signally failed to manage this pandemic and left us all at the mercy of others while offering nothing but platitudes. There were positive periods in the autumn and there will be in the spring. Let’s take advantage of them and be positive about the outlook for the Ckubs we run.

agree Halliford. If people have nothing positive to say and cannot see any positives in trying to plan for some rugby at times when things ease, you wonder why they continue to read a rugby message board at this time, criticising those trying to be positive at every opportunity...
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:21
Islander ...... probably because they are realists not idealists. 
However I agree with your point of planning some rugby when things ease, but it just ain’t easing right now and doesn’t look like easing for some time to come ... unfortunately. 
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:52
It's one thing being positive, another being in dreamland. Just because I am opposed to a start up doesn't mean I think any less about rugby. For those seeming to question my pedigree, as a player I was 1st XV captain at two seperate clubs and was still playing first team rugby at the age of 41. I have since served as Secretary, Director of Rugby, Committee member and am still heavily involved. In short, rugby has been my life very often to the detriment of my work and my family so please don't patronise me by telling me how hard it is to run a club. Been there, done/doing that, got the tee shirt! 
Mixed grill stottie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixed grill stottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:24
Originally posted by Thatbloke Thatbloke wrote:

It's one thing being positive, another being in dreamland. Just because I am opposed to a start up doesn't mean I think any less about rugby. For those seeming to question my pedigree, as a player I was 1st XV captain at two seperate clubs and was still playing first team rugby at the age of 41. I have since served as Secretary, Director of Rugby, Committee member and am still heavily involved. In short, rugby has been my life very often to the detriment of my work and my family so please don't patronise me by telling me how hard it is to run a club. Been there, done/doing that, got the tee shirt! 

Well said Thatbloke Clap, i am sure your comments mirror a lot of forum members experience and thoughts.
I am not young enough to know everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic