National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Blues Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 09:01
As said PiffPaff...the number 12 they have sent is for a reason, the homework has been done... The reason is very clear and above, in the RFU Regs or loan and dual reg players!!

clieves View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 13:10
Just going through the Bedford squad on their website, the only home grown player is Rich Lane, the rest come from literally all over the world. Why are people getting precious about whether the squad has Blues players in or Saints players in? Once they run onto the pitch with a Blues shirt on, they are Blues players. Finally most of the Saints players grew up a damn site closer to Goldington Road than most of the other Blues players, so could be classed as the local lads ...
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 14:38
There seem to be a lot of people happy to think the worst of both Bedford and Northampton Saints in this thread without any evidence at all.

The only evidence I can see is how mean-spirited some people are. Sadly.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 14:58
WE the Blues made some comments he believed about how the Saints players would be picked at Bdford. A couple of people disagreed. I do not see this is as mean spirited. I see this as offering an alternative opinion-surely the aim of this blog.?
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 15:51
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

There seem to be a lot of people happy to think the worst of both Bedford and Northampton Saints in this thread without any evidence at all.

The only evidence I can see is how mean-spirited some people are. Sadly.

Clap
Cauliflower ear.
Greg View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 16:55
Bedford supporters (and, indeed, all other rugby club supporters) would do well to think twice before posting club specific material on a forum like this. Although the information regarding the announcement of 12 Northampton Academy players was not confidential and was to all intent already in the public domain it was only really intended for Bedford supporters as an update on how the squad is developing. Once spelt out in full on a public forum it simply invites those with little or no interest in Bedford to have a go.
I do not know whether this link with Northampton is a short, medium or long term arrangement and I don't yet have a view as to whether it favours one party more than the other. As a long time supporter I will give the club directors the benefit of any doubt and place my trust in their decision. These are difficult times for the Championship (and lower leagues) and Bedford are, for the time being, still very much in the game.
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 17:24
As a non Blues supporter I'll just be glad when we get some rugby to watch. I've been watching Premiership matches on BT Sport and look out for the ex Richmond players. Nice tries from Sam Stuart and Louis Lynagh.
You can have as many Northampton players as you like as long as you turn up and play.

pappashanga
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 08:46
I’m experiencing deja vu in this thread, whenever Bedford announce loan signings people seem to feel the need to give the negative rather than positive of this. Personally I just want to see some rugby and all Championship sides to come out of the pandemic and be able to keep competing.
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 08:56
ClapClap
Originally posted by Bigbluepip Bigbluepip wrote:

I’m experiencing deja vu in this thread, whenever Bedford announce loan signings people seem to feel the need to give the negative rather than positive of this. Personally I just want to see some rugby and all Championship sides to come out of the pandemic and be able to keep competing.

ClapClap
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 09:30
Originally posted by KnightsBoy KnightsBoy wrote:

ClapClap
Originally posted by Bigbluepip Bigbluepip wrote:

ClapClap

Agreed a hundred times over.
workerbee View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workerbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 10:13
When we talk about oversees players clubs will need to know what is happening about Kolpak players now we are out of the EU whilst it may not affect this coming season the new regulations have not yet been released 
hills17 View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hills17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 10:39
Originally posted by Greg Greg wrote:

Bedford supporters (and, indeed, all other rugby club supporters) would do well to think twice before posting club specific material on a forum like this. Although the information regarding the announcement of 12 Northampton Academy players was not confidential and was to all intent already in the public domain it was only really intended for Bedford supporters as an update on how the squad is developing. Once spelt out in full on a public forum it simply invites those with little or no interest in Bedford to have a go.
I do not know whether this link with Northampton is a short, medium or long term arrangement and I don't yet have a view as to whether it favours one party more than the other. As a long time supporter I will give the club directors the benefit of any doubt and place my trust in their decision. These are difficult times for the Championship (and lower leagues) and Bedford are, for the time being, still very much in the game.

I’m a Plymouth fan, have had good link/ relationship with Exeter over the last few years getting loans/ drs etc but also a lot of our own players, most local these days from Devon and Cornwall with a few from other places. It’s worked well. It’s nice to see the Exeter lads we’ve had make debuts etc for Exeter later on. A couple of us as fan’s were concerned the club would become “Exeter 2nds” and that hasn’t happened. I personally remember thinking Plymouth is a proud city/ club is its own club etc.

Pirates off course have had Exeter players too over the years. Worked well with a lot of their own players too. Own club etc.

Not sure the rules allow you to field a team of loan players etc but as long as you keep your own group of players, DoR etc and owners your club will still be your club. Off course I’m not a blues supporter, you guys may be happy with any thought of becoming the Saints 2nds not that you’ll become it. Bedford is also a proud club. 

Edited by hills17 - 04 Feb 2021 at 10:56
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 12:46
Originally posted by marigold marigold wrote:

WE the Blues made some comments he believed about how the Saints players would be picked at Bdford. A couple of people disagreed. I do not see this is as mean spirited. I see this as offering an alternative opinion-surely the aim of this blog.?

What was being expressed didn't seem to be in my idea of the aim of the blog and it seems others agree with me but each to his own.
Bigmal View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 14:09
Lots of arguments for and against but surely the key point is that our game will not survive without people playing at the base of the pyramid. Anything that gives people game time has to be welcome.

Lots for the RFU and Premier Rugby to do when we finally get back to normality.
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 15:24
Originally posted by Bigmal Bigmal wrote:

Lots of arguments for and against but surely the key point is that our game will not survive without people playing at the base of the pyramid. Anything that gives people game time has to be welcome.

Paid professionals from the premiership are hardly at the base of the pyramid.

Unless of course you work for the RFU.
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 18:03
I think some people on here need some rugby to comment on! Some of these comments are moronic.  No relegation this year, some clubs wont take part, its just about getting some rugby played.  Perhaps it would be better if Bedford didnt bother this year.  Probably would have been the easier option.  Lots of clubs seems worried about facing 18-20 year olds!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 21:03
Not saying donate before we Blues fans get the... now you want us to pay for the saints players comments. Mainly sharing the video which is well put together.

Blues games will be streamed for £10. Who knows we could get a number of Saints fans watching which could boost our income having two sets of supporters helping financially.

On the other comment... so Saints sent us players that could all fill a squad! Wow! With a squad of 30 it would seem stupid sending us 8/9 players who couldn’t be in a squad as we wouldn’t be able to have a full bench with a few injuries. Clearly some rugby fans would rather some 5-0 panel wins rather than watch some rugby.

Playing for nothing... I don’t see us beating Ealing or Saracens, so you look at the other end and there’s no relegation, so other than giving fans rugby and rugby players a chance to play rugby, which they have not done so for a year. This is pretty much what ring fencing looks like.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 18:27
Almost 1 week into the Blues fund raising and their initial target of £50k has been surpassed and stands at £60,538 Thumbs Up

Ampthill have also gone past their initial £20k target with £20,125. Thumbs Up

Edited by The Blues - 11 Feb 2021 at 18:28
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 20:31
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Almost 1 week into the Blues fund raising and their initial target of £50k has been surpassed and stands at £60,538 Thumbs Up

Ampthill have also gone past their initial £20k target with £20,125. Thumbs Up

Impressive, particularly the Blues.
RAID ON
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 20:54
Squad changes.
Alex Penny retires.
Three new signings coming in
Elijah Niko from Ealing
Andre Robson from Yorkshire Academy
Corrie Barrett from Munster (A side)

Looking forward to new beginnings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic