National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Trailfinders Cup needs postponing - Event Date: 13 Jan 2021 - 13 Dec 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 13:56
Originally posted by Monkey Boy Monkey Boy wrote:

What benefit to anyone are these games?

Quite a lot of good in terms of making sure that these teams are ready to hit the ground running when the season starts, and probably quite useful for Eddie Jones and the national side in terms of the Saracens contingent being match fit for the start of the six nations (I understand Saracens intend to run out a fairly full-strength side).

I would be very happy to see this televised more widely to get additional eyes on the Championship product, but that doesn't look like it is happening.

Then, finally, I take benefit from this in terms of mental health. I've been locked down three times in a year, doing 60 hours a week of work and homeschooling on top of that. I love watching rugby, and I'm thrilled to have a couple hours where I can just yell at my screen and relax. I doubt I'm the only one.

Given that all players are being tested every day, I see the risk of these people mixing contributing to Covid spread as extremely minimal.

Roll on more rugby and roll on vaccination programs.
OLDALIKADOO10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 14:10
I shall let others continue another pointless thread
From
What I can see, there are very few people who post
and contribute to this forum, and I’d put a large
Wager that some who post never played much rugby, 
Contribute very little to their community club and have nothing better to do in these unprecedented times

Stay safe

corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 14:12

Is the answer the players?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 14:21
As I mentioned before the game
Is being live streamed by a company
247.TV which you need to register with, it gives you 
an opportunity to test the stream on whatever device
you intend to use and you can purchase whatever events are available
Stay safe

WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 14:34
Originally posted by OLDALIKADOO10 OLDALIKADOO10 wrote:

I shall let others continue another pointless thread
From
What I can see, there are very few people who post
and contribute to this forum, and I’d put a large
Wager that some who post never played much rugby, 
Contribute very little to their community club and have nothing better to do in these unprecedented times

Stay safe

It seems to me there are quite a few people who post and who are grown up enough not to make ridiculous assumptions when others post opinions that they don't agree with.

Enjoy your strop.
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 14:52
Again an assumption I was having a
Strop.
Stay safe 
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 17:03
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Well, they could benefit England, so I say ditch 'em! Wink

LOLLOLLOL
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 17:09

The Lions

Also gives the chance for 2 Championship teams to get some game time in.
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 17:19
Rumour Billy V will be the match day squad on Saturday 
To get some game time in before the 6 Nations start

Dad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 17:28
The Ealing academy players who are based at Brunel have all had to also had 2 Laterla flow tests from the Uni so along with club testing i would consider it pretty safe - The Brunel IUni positive rate (across the entire of the students & staff) is far less than the rate at my local secondary school (based on real numbers not conjecture)

If a professional team are willing to pay the £ for testing and follow protocols properly surely it is less dangerous than going shopping (and def less than getting on a train/bus)

PS I had it pre xmas and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy
Monkey Boy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 17:28
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Is the answer the players?

I rephrased it. What purpose they serve?

I’ve yet to see a purpose.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 18:30
Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

Ealing Trailfinders PR exercise is part of their campaign to get into Premier League before it is Ringfenced.
RFU needs to have a word about the competition.

This three way round Robin is in preparation part of the campaign but in the grand scheme is just a small part of the efforts in progress. Today a new indoor training facility was started on site at Trailfinders sports centre. It is the largest fully weather proof, indoor facility I have ever seen. The drawings can be viewed on the Ealing Council planning site . It is an incredible construction and England have shown interest. It is with approved planning and is totally financed by Trailfinders, all credit to Mike Gooley with no reliance on tax payers money and the project is actually in progress and will be completed and being used within this year. No false starts or misinformation, this is happening now.

Edited by No 7 - 14 Jan 2021 at 23:10
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 18:39
Originally posted by OLDALIKADOO10 OLDALIKADOO10 wrote:

Rumour Billy V will be the match day squad on Saturday 
To get some game time in before the 6 Nations start

I was told the England players would not be playing all except Billy Vunipola who needs game time for fitness !.it will show where Saracens stand in depth and quality throughout their squad.

Equally it will show where Ealing stand with new players and their integration into the match day team.

kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 19:38
Was not intentional...will stand outside and subject myself to a cold shower...
Looking forward to new beginnings.
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 19:41
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

With seven weeks (March 6th?) until the league commences
I admire your optimism!

Not intentional.

Guess a cold shower outside as a punishment if I foolishly believe a season starting before August/September 2021 is going to happen.
Looking forward to new beginnings.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 19:55
Might be difficult think this season "ends" on the 22nd May- then 21//22 to start as per normal (Pandemics allowing)
Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 09:36
The Premier League this morning are being very cautious about starting again due to safety. This competition should be cancelled.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 13:20
Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

The Premier League this morning are being very cautious about starting again due to safety. This competition should be cancelled.

I presume you mean the Premiership not footballs Premier League?
RAID ON
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 17:56

Ealing Trailfinders team to play Saracens on Saturday 16th January at 3pm, in Round One of the Trailfinders Challenge Cup:

15 David Johnston 14 Angus Kernohan 13 Fraser Strachan 12 Pat Howard 11 Dean Hammond 10 Craig Willis 9 Craig Hampson 1 Kyle Whyte 2 Alun Walker 3 Elliot Millar Mills 4 Bobby De Wee 5 Simon Linsell 6 Kieran Murphy 7 Adam Korczyk 8 Rayn Smid (c) 

Replacements:

16 Michael Van Vuuren 17 Will Davis 18 George Davis 19 Ben West 20 Shane Buckley 21 Guy Thompson 22 Jordan Burns 23 Steven Shingler

No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 17:57

SARACENS BEGIN THEIR TRAILFINDERS CHALLENGE CUP CAMPAIGN ON THE ROAD AT EALING TRAILFINDERS WITH SEVEN FULL INTERNATIONALS IN THE starting XV.

England Number 8 Billy Vunipola features in the back row alongside Namibian Janco Venter while Fiji’s Eroni Mawi and Springbok World Cup winner Vincent Koch start at loosehead and tighthead prop respectively.

After kicking seven from seven in his last outing, Will Hooley of USA partners Welshman Aled Davies at half-back while Scotland centre Duncan Taylor is in the midfield.

SARRIES TAKE ON EALING TRAILFINDERS IN THE TRAILFINDERS CHALLENGE CUP OPENER BEFORE A TRIP TO DONCASTER KNIGHTS.

Hooker Tom Woolstencroft will captain the side and leads a pack which contains three Academy products in Jon Kpoku, Ollie Stonham and Andy Christie.

Academy graduates Rotimi Segun, Dom Morris and Elliott Obatoyinbo are selected alongside Sevens star Ben Harris who completes an exciting backline.

Former Ealing man Harry Sloan is among the replacements as is lock Llewelyn Jones who has joined Saracens on a two-week loan from Ampthill.

Saracens team to take on Ealing Trailfinders:

15 Elliott Obatoyinbo
14 Ben Harris
13 Dom Morris
12 Duncan Taylor
11 Rotimi Segun
10 Will Hooley
9 Aled Davies
1 Eroni Mawi
2 Tom Woolstencroft ©
3 Vincent Koch
4 Jon Kpoku
5 Ollie Stonham
6 Janco Venter
7 Andy Christie
8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Kapeli Pifeleti
17 Sam Crean
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Llewelyn Jones
20 Callum Hunter-Hill
21 Tom Whiteley
22 Harry Sloan
23 Charlie Watson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic