National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Pre-season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-season
    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 19:31
Do any clubs have pre-season plans?

Although the preparatory work had to take place (mostly) behind the scenes, Cov & Jersey have been looking to stage a game this weekend - and it's on: KO at the Butts Park Arena is at 2pm tomorrow (Sat). And it's possible to watch online, albeit the attraction of watching England box-kick to the Italians may be the preferred option for some, esp as £9.99 cheaper. Details below:

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 20:07
I realise that there are two rounds of the Trailfinders Cup to go & a few others already lined up:
  • Sarries v Donny tomorrow 4.15
  • Cov v Sarries, Sat 20/2 3pm
  • Eal v Donny, Sat 20/2 3pm
  • Sarries v Cov, Fri 26/2 6pm
Getting fixtures against Premiership opposition is challenging, so the options appear limited...
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 20:11
20 Feb Ampthill v Blues 1pm streamed online https://www.247.tv/champsrugby

27 Feb Blues v Ampthill 1pm streamed online https://bedfordblues.ticketco.events/uk/en

Keeping travel costs low!
Isithalftimeyet View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isithalftimeyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 21:00
Would be interesting to see the streaming stats. 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 07:11
Only one scheduled flight leaving Jersey today at 9am to Birmingham returning at 8.20pm this evening. Go safe lads - no injuries please. Team news:

1.       Richardson

2.       Harris

3.       Parker

4.       Farrance

5.       O'Connor (C)

6.       Argyle

7.       Hatherell

8.       Grey

9.       Elliot

10.   Cope

11.   Klim

12.   Barnes

13.   Owen

14.   Hutler

15.   Williams

+ 11 Replacements.

Registered and paid for streaming service. Howay Jersey flight arrived at Brum 10.13!

Edited by corporalcarrot - 13 Feb 2021 at 10:39
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 14:19
Brilliant streaming quality from Cov v Jer match. Currently Cov 0-14 Jer but ealy days.

Half Time COV 17-21 JER Three tries each team but COV missed two conversions.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 13 Feb 2021 at 14:46
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 15:01
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Brilliant streaming quality from Cov v Jer match. Currently Cov 0-14 Jer but ealy days.

Half Time COV 17-21 JER Three tries each team but COV missed two conversions.
Not impressed with the view to the railway/Broomfield Park corner (keep missing the action there) and the cameraman needs to move a bit quicker at times, but early days.
Good to see a bit of rugby, whatever.
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 15:44
Cov 36-33 Jersey.
Good open game which could've easily gone the other way.
Our City,
Our Club
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 16:19
Yes it was a good match, plenty of good tries and I think Cov just deserved it after scoring 6 of the 11 tries. Both clubs' Twitter accts made it 34-33 at FT

The stream was a good picture with replays, team-sheets and decent commentary. Shame the scoreboard lost track in 2nd half, but that's what pre-season is for to work these things out.

Edited by islander - 13 Feb 2021 at 16:39
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 16:36
Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Cov 36-33 Jersey.
I fully agree with this and full credit for the way both teams and the match officials approached the game. The streaming quality was easily the best I've experienced with pin sharp picture and the commentators did their best but probably need someone from the visitors in there. I would have loved to have been on the touchline crunching the advertising boards but money well spent in my book. Thanks to Cov for hosting it all and safe flight back tonight lads.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 16:54
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by Kimbo Kimbo wrote:

Cov 36-33 Jersey.
I fully agree with this and full credit for the way both teams and the match officials approached the game. The streaming quality was easily the best I've experienced with pin sharp picture and the commentators did their best but probably need someone from the visitors in there. I would have loved to have been on the touchline crunching the advertising boards but money well spent in my book. Thanks to Cov for hosting it all and safe flight back tonight lads.
I understand that there was a Jersey guy nearby, who did help out with some of the player questions, but there were so many changes it must have been impossible to keep up!
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 16:58
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Yes it was a good match, plenty of good tries and I think Cov just deserved it after scoring 6 of the 11 tries. Both clubs' Twitter accts made it 34-33 at FT

The stream was a good picture with replays, team-sheets and decent commentary. Shame the scoreboard lost track in 2nd half, but that's what pre-season is for to work these things out.

Yes, I was somewhat confused when Cov's score went up by a conversion's worth when I could have sworn the flags stayed down.
Maybe it was shown wrongly on the screen.
It'll come out in the wash, not that the scoreline matters much at all.
Our City,
Our Club
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 17:52
Re Cov v jersey - it was very cold....but a good game.  
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 20:56
Flight from Brum landed at 20.48. 
Member728 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Member728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:34
Richmond to play Ealing at the RAG on 27th
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:51
Originally posted by Member728 Member728 wrote:

Richmond to play Ealing at the RAG on 27th
So preseason game 9 then for Ealing?
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 13:19
No announcement of any pre season matches from Nottingham.
Looks like we will go straight into the first league match with Ealing.

Well rested I guess...
Forever Green.
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 14:01
So preseason game 9 then for Ealing?

Richmond planing on you being tired then .......
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 14:06
'No announcement of any pre season matches from Nottingham.
Looks like we will go straight into the first league match with Ealing.

Well rested I guess...'

Is this a player welfare issue? If the Nottingham pack have had no competitive scrums/mauls/full on tackles before they play Ealing should this be a concern? Full time v part time has happened for some time in the Championship but never with the part timers having had no pre season friendlies.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 20:30
If it were normal times Nottingham would have had some training sessions with Leicester, whether they can do this at the moment who knows!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic