National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Season tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 18:31
I won’t be buying streamed matches if the proceeds are going to the RFU instead of the club.

Boycott the farce.

Forever Green.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 19:35
Originally posted by Woody Woody wrote:

I won’t be buying streamed matches if the proceeds are going to the RFU instead of the club.

Boycott the farce.

They will be wanting people to send them the difference between the bottles of beer they drink whilst watching and HQ prices next
RAID ON
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 23:19
Can I just clarify this, if I buy the £50 ticket for Bedford’s games it all goes to the RFU rather than my club? Or does this only apply to the arrangement Coventry have because of the deal they gave those who had already bought their ticket?
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 00:02
Originally posted by Bigbluepip Bigbluepip wrote:

Can I just clarify this, if I buy the £50 ticket for Bedford’s games it all goes to the RFU rather than my club? Or does this only apply to the arrangement Coventry have because of the deal they gave those who had already bought their ticket?

I may be wrong but I understand all the  the profits from the streaming will be divided up between the 11 participating clubs- Cov will prob have to adjust their figures to allow for the deal they were already committed to. 
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 07:26
Originally posted by Woody Woody wrote:

Boycott the farce.

Might be good to clarify the facts before calling for a boycott Woody. There's been quite a bit of wrangling and I sense some clubs are happier than others, and don't know the exact split of what's received via subscribers, but all clubs stand to benefit. If the whole thing goes well then it potentially leaves the Championship well-placed to secure a better, long-term deal beyond this June
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 07:28
And you are saying the RFU is not going to skim the cream off of the top?
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 09:17
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

No, I'm not saying that. I don't think it's realistic for a supporter to pay £10 for a game and every penny of that sum to end up in the coffers of the club they support. There are costs. Hopefully a more precise split of the income may become available. But I rest my case that all clubs are set to receive a share of what comes in, and declining to subscribe as a result of being angry about the RFU would be a 'cut off nose to spite face' type of gesture...
Taffy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Taffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:02

According to the Blues official page http://bedfordrugby.co.uk/news/2021/03/live-streaming-season-tickets

By purchasing this membership, you are guaranteeing Bedford Blues receive income from live streaming in advance and direct from our supporters, rather than a new centralised, shared funding pot that has yet to be decided.
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:20
Originally posted by Taffy Taffy wrote:

According to the Blues official page http://bedfordrugby.co.uk/news/2021/03/live-streaming-season-tickets

By purchasing this membership, you are guaranteeing Bedford Blues receive income from live streaming in advance and direct from our supporters, rather than a new centralised, shared funding pot that has yet to be decided.

I'm not sure how Bedford are still able to offer this.  The information given by Coventry is that all streaming is now run 'in house' by the RFU and must be accessed through the Championship Rugby website...
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:20
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

No, I'm not saying that. I don't think it's realistic for a supporter to pay £10 for a game and every penny of that sum to end up in the coffers of the club they support. There are costs. Hopefully a more precise split of the income may become available. But I rest my case that all clubs are set to receive a share of what comes in, and declining to subscribe as a result of being angry about the RFU would be a 'cut off nose to spite face' type of gesture...
But...
The clubs were guaranteed a certain figure from the original 247 deal, after costs. You can't tell me that adding a layer of bureaucracy to this is going to result in clubs retaining anything like the percentage they had already negotiated.
This is the RFU wanting somebody else's cake, and eating it.
Our City,
Our Club
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 14:17
Just been tweeted by Donny that Knights season ticket holders can watch our home games as part of their package
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 15:25
Richmond just emailed to say season ticket holders get home streaming free. Away is £10. They say RFU are not getting any of the money.
pappashanga
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 15:26
'PRICING:

The stream ticket price is just £10 on a pay-per-view basis. This is the fixed price for home and away fixtures and has been agreed by the 11 participating clubs.

The broadcast will be produced by 247.tv with all streaming revenue from the 2020/21 season shared between the Championship clubs. The RFU will not receive revenue from the stream.'
pappashanga
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 15:43
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

'PRICING:

The stream ticket price is just £10 on a pay-per-view basis. This is the fixed price for home and away fixtures and has been agreed by the 11 participating clubs.

The broadcast will be produced by 247.tv with all streaming revenue from the 2020/21 season shared between the Championship clubs. The RFU will not receive revenue from the stream.'

Good to get some information. I think that there will be some winners and losers on this, with lesser supported clubs benefiting and better supported clubs coming out worse off. On the other hand, I can say that I'll be spending a tenner on watching Ealing play Nottingham, and probably on Pirates playing Sarries which I wouldn't have put out if I game could be viewed in-person.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 19:47
What would make more sense is if when you signed up to a game you nominated the club you wished to donate your fee to.

E.g. a Blues supporter watching Pirates v Saracens, you could pick the team they wish to donate to.

If it is shared equally (doesn’t say that) it could penalise Blues and Coventry most (guess Saracens too). When they have a crowd average double or close to some of the others. You would hope they would use some kind of level of support scale, although you would never satisfy all.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 20:05
All clubs are equally affected by lockdown. Apart from the practical difficulties I can't really see much merit in unequal allocation in these dire circumstances.
pappashanga
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 20:24
I stand corrected- some fair points raised - guess my faith in the RFU has taken a battering these last few years - hence my rush of blood.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 23:49
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

All clubs are equally affected by lockdown. Apart from the practical difficulties I can't really see much merit in unequal allocation in these dire circumstances.

Can’t see how they are all affected the same - ok it wasn’t a full season last year but Blues averaged 2,782 according to statbunker, Coventry were 2,455, Pirates 1,815, Jersey 1,241 and 5 clubs were below 1,000

The top 2 Championship clubs (ignoring Newcastle) averaged double than the 4th highest pretty much (if correct).

Say on average 20% stream (hopefully higher), Blues or Coventry fans would generate roughly £5,000 revenue and a club towards the bottom end of the league average crowd brings £1,600.

Not sure why clubs without a wealthy backer who would usually survive off crowds should subsidise others who usually do not bring fans in. I don’t see wealthy backers of lower supported clubs giving money the other way.

I would feel this if Blues were at the bottom of the attendance tables.

It would be very easy to do you buy the ticket on the side of the match you want to support that club, or have a drop down box or something.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 09:31
The Blues - are the Bedford season ticket holders going to get the home stream for free, like the Richmond ones? In these cases the homr clubs have already had the money.
Away fans are paying for the stream. I presume they will, in the case of Bedford, be fans of the visitors and only a small proportion of the 2,782 spectators. What proportion of that number are season ticket holders?
pappashanga
stadium View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stadium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 09:45
How did the RFU manage to create a complete "Dogs Breakfast" in such a short time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic