National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Season tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:22
To be fair, the government has managed to do it, so what hope have the RFU?
pappashanga
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:49
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

The Blues - are the Bedford season ticket holders going to get the home stream for free, like the Richmond ones? In these cases the homr clubs have already had the money.
Away fans are paying for the stream. I presume they will, in the case of Bedford, be fans of the visitors and only a small proportion of the 2,782 spectators. What proportion of that number are season ticket holders?

Blues fans are paying £10 a match or you can pay £50 for the 5 (the season ticket) with benefits like being able to hopefully attend the last match in the season, as well as get supporter conferences, electronic match day programmes, etc.

If this money goes into a central pot to then be re-distributed, better supported clubs could (depends on the basis) get less than what they would have got if it all went to the home club, which would normally happen.

With no travel/time barrier, every game is effectively a home game literally!  I will potentially go from going to maybe 3 or 4 away games in a normal season to potentially all away games this season.  You would think more people would be inclined to watch away games as it is easier but time will tell.

In some ways COVID could create a new normal for the future and hopefully the streaming can stay, as it helps to watch some games you can't make with the travel but could watch from home.  I know I would pay the usual ground entry price to watch online.
OLDALIKADOO10 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OLDALIKADOO10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:48
I’ve purchased the Pirates v Saracens game and tried
To purchase the Hartpury v Richmond game but ticketing system
Won’t let me buy. I’ve raised a call with Ticketco.
Anyone else having issues buying multiple games?
Taffy View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 14:37
Originally posted by stadium stadium wrote:

How did the RFU manage to create a complete "Dogs Breakfast" in such a short time.

It comes easily to them after years of practice !
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 19:44
Originally posted by OLDALIKADOO10 OLDALIKADOO10 wrote:

I’ve purchased the Pirates v Saracens game and tried
To purchase the Hartpury v Richmond game but ticketing system
Won’t let me buy. I’ve raised a call with Ticketco.
Anyone else having issues buying multiple games?
I wanted to see those games as well but eventually settled on the Pirates v Sarries option. I hope they are two competitive matches.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 20:18
Corporal, it let me buy both.
pappashanga
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:47
Well, following advice from several individuals that my pennies won't go to lining the pockets of the avaricious and ineffectual governing body of the sport, I decided to spring for a ticket for today's game.
It still feels dirty.
I'll console myself, though, with the thought that I've not been knowingly lied to by people whose integrity I take for granted.
I just hope they've not been hoodwinked.
The club's offer to refund me the already-paid-for 20/21 Season Ticket will still be declined, and I hope many people might be in a position to do similar (at all Champ clubs), but, given the situation, I doubt it.

Our City,
Our Club
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 13:21
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

Corporal, it let me buy both.

I couldn't buy anything until I opted in to ALL of the marketing tick boxes. :( After that, my two purchases went through. I'd love to find out how many tickets get sold for these.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic