National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > Clubhouse chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Roll-up Roll-up its Circus Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 18:47
Halliford - brilliant news , it was my understanding ref pifpaf post on the 7th April that the revised leagues as posted were a shoe in with very little work to be done, I guess when you actually see yourself in black and white in a proposed league one would assume that that is deal - will hold off on my bulk order of travel tablets !!! many thanks

'Hopper View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Preston Grasshoppers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 'Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 18:56
Originally posted by workerbee workerbee wrote:

Payment thresholds do not apply to most Nat 3 clubs as their playing budget is more than the ceilings. There are no real penalties which the RFU can apply which would worry these clubs. Only if the RFU brought in points deductions for breaching the regulations would clubs take notice but this will not happen (although it did with Saracens!!)
Removing their International Ticket Allowance may focus mindsShocked
What if the Hokey Kokey really IS what it's all about?
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 19:41
Originally posted by everest everest wrote:

Halliford - brilliant news , it was my understanding ref pifpaf post on the 7th April that the revised leagues as posted were a shoe in with very little work to be done, I guess when you actually see yourself in black and white in a proposed league one would assume that that is deal - will hold off on my bulk order of travel tablets !!! many thanks

I think they are a shoe in - although until the end of the 21/22 season we will not know the exact make-up of the 3 level 4 leagues.
RAID ON
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 15:40
Stupid question
I assume national League rugby will rin the new National 1 and three national 2 leagues.

The new level 5 will have six leagues - which does nto fit in with four Divisional organizing Committees. So who will organize those?

Level 6 and 7 are propoosed to be 12 and 24 leagues so i assume there will arrange for three and six in each existing division.

Then down to counties below that.

But levle 5 does look to be a problem.
Sweeney Delenda Est
SmilingD View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmilingD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:52
@Camquin - I was always told there was no such thing as a 'stupid question' LOL - in the case of this particular RFU process what there seems to be are obvious and foreseeable questions that a determination to proceed regardless of feedback will provoke but for which answers have not been provided.

This means that there are a number of detailed issues that are still to be ironed out in the new competition structure including who is to be responsible for the organisation of the leagues and the detailed regulations around the introduction of lower XVs to the leagues throughout the structure up to Level 8.

At a forum for CBs last week we were told that working parties were being set up to sort out all of those issues, but no information was available as to who would be on those groups. The timeline was for all regulations to be sorted by June 2022 (with the new leagues starting in September) but the view from the floor was very firmly that clarity on the main points would be needed long before then if clubs were to be able to make informed decisions about their participation in the structure.
PiffPaff View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiffPaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 15:58
SD, apparently the Clubs views have already been heard and the "implementation group" made up of most if not all members of the Future Competitions Review Group plus RFU staff are about to go off implementing the new structure that apparently we voted in favour of. Think you'll find the lower XV thing will now go up to Level 7 in most cases. Particularly in the North West where there's no RFU Level 8 and a few National League Clubs have already thrown their 2nd XV hats in to the ring or in the case of Sale FC they've reformed their 2nd XV with the intention of joining the RFU Leagues in 22/23. I would suggest participation will be in the form of you're either in or you're out. If you're out then you'll need another form of League rugby to play in.

Crouch, Bind, Tweet!
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 22:02
The other question, three National 2 leagues means 28 teams of three not 24.
We also need 36 officials at level 5 instead of 28. I am not sure if those are TO3 or solo referees.
Do we have enough referees to step up?
Sweeney Delenda Est
Oldman1 View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 07:51
Camquin, I understand that Assistant Referees will not be appointed from next season (21 -22) thereby cutting down the number of RFUn officials needed each week.
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 17:25
Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

Camquin, I understand that Assistant Referees will not be appointed from next season (21 -22) thereby cutting down the number of RFUn officials needed each week.

Really - personally I think having 3 appointed officials is what sets level 3 & 4 apart from the levels below. I wouldn't want to be a referee without any support apart from 2 clubbier running the touch line.
RAID ON
French Connection View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 09:35
Levels 3 and 4 are proper semi professional in terms of players and coaches and it's inconceivable to me not to have RFU appointed neutral Assistant Referees. It's a seriously good level of rugby and simply deserves better than that, even if the clubs have to pay a little more.  
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 13:35
Originally posted by Oldman1 Oldman1 wrote:

At what level 3 - 4 or 3 and 4 ?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 17:39
I do not think I would want to be a solo ref at a level 4 match.
Ok I am not a good enough ref to be offered one.
There are often a number of U20 internationals and other academy players who will go on to be fully pro.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 18:30
The NCA, soon to be National League Rugby (no acronym) have told the RFU they expect to continue with a neutral team of 3 at Levels 3 and 4. That will test the refereeing resources but that is the position taken.

Edited by Halliford - 02 Jun 2021 at 18:31
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 20:41
Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

The NCA, soon to be National League Rugby (no acronym) have told the RFU they expect to continue with a neutral team of 3 at Levels 3 and 4. That will test the refereeing resources but that is the position taken.

Why no acronym Halliford? As in they’ll be making it known that abbreviation to NLR will be frowned upon?!
Halliford View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halliford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 07:35
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Halliford Halliford wrote:

Why no acronym Halliford? As in they’ll be making it known that abbreviation to NLR will be frowned upon?!

Or as the Marketing people would say - to ensure clear brand awareness!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 16:59
They don't want to be confused with the Netherlands Aerospace Centre!
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 19:29
Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

More likely they don't want confusion with NRL (Australian Rugby League)
RAID ON
Rucking Idiot View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rucking Idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 06:12
Maybe, just maybe they got it right;
NLR's the acronym for Neutrophil-Lymphocyte Ratio that measures stress;
After the last 15 months that's what we all need....
If it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck it's just my rucking luck!
WEvans View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 14:37
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Originally posted by WEvans WEvans wrote:

More likely they don't want confusion with NRL (Australian Rugby League)

Do the management team suffer from dyslexia then?
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 14:19
Sorry to flog a dead horse, butv4 of the Future Game Plan came out i August 2020.
Since then, we have seen the Lancashire  draft structure. - which we are told is unofficial.
We have less than a year before the first set of fixtures needs to be published.
Has anyone heard anything more.
Sweeney Delenda Est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic