National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Pre season Friendly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote His Lordship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 12:23
I'm wondering now if it is good that the Doncaster game was cancelled, given the 'hammering' that we had at Sale on Saturday! 
southerngit View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerngit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 15:12
I wonder sometimes about us armchair warriors comments!

From the point of view of one who did see the 'hammering' it has to be seen in the context of a first run out in some 518 days I think. Big scrummaging pack was restricted to uncontested scrums at the request of Sale and the nimble Sale backs given plenty of early fast clean ball as a result. Like most things these days not just black and white. 

Disappointing yes but glad to see the lads be able to get a pre-season run out. Something to work on but still high hopes for the coming season. Bring on Leeds (hopefully) is what I say!
His Lordship View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote His Lordship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 14:29
Just for clarity, I was at the game Smile

I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made if the scrums were contested, yes we have a strong pack but Sale were no mugs. It's also a stretch to suggest that the score-line may have been impacted by the lack of game time, given that Sale were in the same boat and TBH we do have some players who gained game time at Donny. I don't know whether the Sale squad is quite established, I know we have a lot of new players so time is needed for them to gel.

I have since found out that there were lots of mitigating circumstances relating to the game, so I can now understand why perhaps the team were not as effective as I hoped.

Having said all of the above, I believe we have recruited very well and expect good things from us this coming season.
jimbojetset View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbojetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 15:14
I too was at the game. Scoreline was probably not reflective of the game itself with Rotherham having a lot of possession. The Sale backs definitely made a massive difference and any mistakes were capitalised on with points. 
However, that's sort of the point of these games. To find out where you're likely to make mistakes etc. Rotherham were no push overs and I suspect that given a few players back in the squad and ironing out the kinks, they'll be formidable opponents.

During the game we had uncontested scrums, but for 20 minutes post game, Neil Briggs did a coaching session with both sets of forwards with live scrums. That for me is the spirit of the sport we all love. Both teams having serious fun and learning.

Putting all that aside

The "shed on tour" are amazing travelling supporters and having them down at Heywood Road is something we will miss this season. The play hard, drink hard and don't make a mess :-) Perfect house guests.
Puli. View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puli. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 21:09
Friendly Hull RUFC  v Leeds due to be played tomorrow  cancelled by Leeds who are unable to field a team.
There seems to be big problems at Leeds this season. 
If Rugby is the game they play in Heaven ..... Why does it hurt like Hell when you retire?
Full Bodied Red View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Bodied Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 22:14
Leeds tykes couldn’t field a team last week either!
Sid James View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sid James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 22:31
Leeds won't be playing anyone until they get the Leeds Beckett lads back.

Looking forward to watching Otley v Hull Ionians at Cross Green tomorrow.
All Knwoing All Seeing
Fly Half View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fly Half Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 08:45
I see Leeds are playing Rotherham at West Park on sat 21 Aug,with on the day admission prices starting at £25 !
Wobbler View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 10:06
That’s for a student season ticket, it’s £10 in on the day.

moseleyfans.wix.com/moseleyfans
Sedge Tiger View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 15:17
It’s great to be back, especially at Heywood Road. Halftime Sale 10 Sedge 7
Give him one with handles on
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 16:03
Not a bad first game of the season 

Sale 17 Sedge 21 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 16:23
Full time Sale 17 Sedge 21

Re-match next week at Park Lane

All the best 

ST

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 14 Aug 2021 at 16:23
tigerburnie View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 16:31
Leicester Lions are away at Bourneville RFC today.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 17:56
Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

Great to have you back ST! Hug
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 18:03
Rochford 100 12 - 52 Cambridge
Rochford looked pretty decent - and a nice little club.
I am sure will do well in Nat 2.  Cambridge had quite a strong side out.

If you are visiting, leave yourself extra time to get there, traffic was terrible once you are off the main road. Not that they can do anything about that.
Sweeney Delenda Est
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Sedgley Park

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedge Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 19:46
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by Sedge Tiger Sedge Tiger wrote:

Great to have you back ST! Hug

I wish I was back on the island again. A nice large G&T in hand. Good friends, great food, good times. Take care islander. Up the Jersey Reds.

All the best

ST 

Edited by Sedge Tiger - 14 Aug 2021 at 19:48
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 20:05
Bournville 19 Leicester Lions 12
Clueless like most View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless like most Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 21:32
Henley 12 Tonbridge Juddians 52 
A couple of cracking tries for both sides. Tonbridge have got bigger. Toby Freeman Quins and Scottish. Joe Duffy Richmond amongst other new boys. 
Hare today! View Drop Down
Academy player
Academy player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hare today! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:45
Chester v Caldy is 20:00 KO
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:51
Friday or Saturday?? 🤔😂😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic