National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > National 1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NL1 - Signings - Retentions and Departures 21-22
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Topic ClosedNL1 - Signings - Retentions and Departures 21-22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Coaching staff
Coaching staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 07:14
Do you remember a scrum-half at DMP called Adam Nixon?  I believe he played one year straight out of university, around 2015/16 before heading to Guernsey.  Just signed for London Welsh.
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 07:47
Originally posted by Mark W-J Mark W-J wrote:

Do you remember a scrum-half at DMP called Adam Nixon?  I believe he played one year straight out of university, around 2015/16 before heading to Guernsey.  Just signed for London Welsh.

I do vaguely but think it may be around 2014 same time as Sam Stuart etc trying to fill the void left by Zylon McGaffin if I remember correctly? But I am happy to be corrected if my dates etc are incorrect. 

Edited by front5 - 09 Jul 2021 at 07:47
Fake_Shemp View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 16:36
Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signing of Isaak Welch ahead of the upcoming 2021/22 National One season. The young centre joins from French side Stade Niçois and has already linked up with his new teammates ahead of the new season. Asked about his switch to the North East, the 20 year-old commented: "I’m looking forward to getting involved at DMP, and excited for a new challenge in Nat 1!"

The former Exeter Chiefs Academy player becomes Mowden's eighth new arrival of the summer. Asked about the latest addition to his squad, DMP Director of Rugby Garry Law added: "I believe Isaak to be a very good fit for our squad and backline in particular. He brings a couple of attributes that we have maybe lacked in this department so I'm looking forward to seeing Isaak get up to speed and make his mark this coming season."

front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 17:25
Originally posted by Fake_Shemp Fake_Shemp wrote:

Darlington Mowden Park are delighted to announce the signing of Isaak Welch ahead of the upcoming 2021/22 National One season. The young centre joins from French side Stade Niçois and has already linked up with his new teammates ahead of the new season. Asked about his switch to the North East, the 20 year-old commented: "I’m looking forward to getting involved at DMP, and excited for a new challenge in Nat 1!"

The former Exeter Chiefs Academy player becomes Mowden's eighth new arrival of the summer. Asked about the latest addition to his squad, DMP Director of Rugby Garry Law added: "I believe Isaak to be a very good fit for our squad and backline in particular. He brings a couple of attributes that we have maybe lacked in this department so I'm looking forward to seeing Isaak get up to speed and make his mark this coming season."

Looks to be a great additional I would say it has been a week area since the loss of Cam, China, and Garry Law moving into coaching
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 18:18
From the footage on his YouTube highlights video, he looks able to play 10, 12, and 13, which is very useful versatility. He appears to be a hard-running player who can distribute the ball well, including out of contact. Additionally, as a left-footed kicker, he could be asked to kick to touch on the right side of the field, with Warren doing those kicks on the left side.
upnorthcombine View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 20:45

From the footage on his YouTube highlights video, he looks able to play 10, 12, and 13, which is very useful versatility. He appears to be a hard-running player who can distribute the ball well, including out of contact. Additionally, as a left-footed kicker, he could be asked to kick to touch on the right side of the field, with Warren doing those kicks on the left side.
Has "Warren" re-signed?? 
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 20:55
Originally posted by upnorthcombine upnorthcombine wrote:

Has "Warren" re-signed?? 

I don't believe there has been anything official on this 
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 20:59
Originally posted by upnorthcombine upnorthcombine wrote:

Has "Warren" re-signed?? 
Nothing has been announced, but I'd be amazed if he isn't signed for this season at some point. Nothing has been said about him retiring or going to another club
fatbear View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 19:14
Chinnor have announced the return of Jason Worrall and Willie Ryan. It will be interesting to see how many more of the 2019/20 squad who left to play in the Championship last season will re-sign !
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:24
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
Jezmar View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 13:19
Sam Yawayawa confirmed as another Chinnor re-signing back from London Scottish. 

Edited by Jezmar - 23 Jul 2021 at 13:21
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 14:08
Did the ex , now returning, Chinnor players not fancy an actual season under their previous D of R or were they not offered the opportunity?
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 14:14
Or have Chinnor reopened the money jug that’s bigger than LS. Pity you will never get a straight answer
So many Christians not enough Lions
FlyingRuck View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 14:27
Not much on Blackheath signings?
See you further on up the road
front5 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 19:48
Another new signing at DMP as young Back Row Grayson Maguire joins up for next year, recently playing in N2 for Otley and ex Western Province Academy in South Africa

Seems the squad is really coming together and a real promotion push is on the cards 
Rabbie Burns View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 20:17
Most were announced last year for the season that never was
So many Christians not enough Lions
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:46
Originally posted by front5 front5 wrote:

Another new signing at DMP as young Back Row Grayson Maguire joins up for next year, recently playing in N2 for Otley and ex Western Province Academy in South Africa

Seems the squad is really coming together and a real promotion push is on the cards 
Perhaps he is a replacement for George Stokes, who has signed for the Spanish club VRAC.
FlyingRuck View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 10:52
Not sure that is the case Rabbie. These certainly were not announced for last season:

Ross Gladdish - Back row
Marcus Kershaw - Back 3
Tom Georgiou - Centre
Harry Dugmore - Back Row
Jake Hennesey - 10/12
Fergus Jemphrey - Winger
Andy Denham - Wing
Sam Evans -10/15
Oliver Walliker- Hooker
Oli Evans - Centre

Leo Fielding, Mark Cooke and Tom Baldwin will be at London Scottish next season, Tom Burns is going to France, Luke Peters will be at Esher, Craig Dowsett is moving to Saracens Amateur, and Mike Perks will be at Richmond. Alex Pickersgill, Steph Liebenberg and Ben Ransom are retiring

Looks to be a pretty strong squad on paper. Full squad details on the Club website

Edited by FlyingRuck - 26 Jul 2021 at 16:37
See you further on up the road
dropout22 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 13:06
Originally posted by FlyingRuck FlyingRuck wrote:

Not sure that is the case Rabbie. These certainly were not announced for last season:

Ross Gladdish - Back row
Marcus Kershaw - Back 3
Tom Georgiou - Centre
Harry Dugmore - Back Row
Jake Hennesey - 10/12
Fergus Jemphrey - Winger
Andy Denham - Wing
Sam Evans -10/15
Oliver Walliker- Hooker
Oli Evans - Centre
Dan HisHuckleberrys - 9

Leo Fielding, Mark Cooke and Tom Baldwin will be at London Scottish next season, Tom Burns is going to France, Luke Peters will be at Esher, Craig Dowsett is moving to Saracens Amateur, and Mike Perks will be at Richmond. Alex Pickersgill, Steph Liebenberg and Ben Ransom are retiring

Looks to be a pretty strong squad on paper. Full squad details on the Club website
A number of those are loan players from Ealing (well the first 3 at least). Is this from an article?. 
CJB1 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Moseley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 14:09
Moseley sign brothers Sam McNulty (hooker) and Isaac McNulty (centre), the former from Cov, the latter from Ayrshire Bulls in Scotland.  Both were coached by Mose coach Pete Glackin at Coventry College.
"What I need is a strong drink and a peer group"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic