National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Saracens v Bedford - farce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:26
I can assure you the commentary is still nowhere near as partisan as Pirates commentators, who sounds like they’re going to explode every time pirates have the ball and if the opposition score an excellent try, it sounds like they’re commentating on a funeral.

Sarries 33-13 Bedford at 60 mins. Bedford score length of field try of game which I expect will be another try of the week winner!
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:31
Terrible commentary 
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
JohnLowe View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JohnLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:42
As a Doncaster Knight’s supporter for over 50 seasons I would like to disassociate myself from some of the remarks by DonnyKnightsFan in the opening post of this thread. There have been some wonderful matches over the years between the relegated club and various championship clubs and DKF’s remarks are an insult to these clubs. I well remember, for instance, when we lost at Sixways to Worcester in the 8th minute of injury time. And what about Pirates great result a few weeks ago.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:46
I haven’t seen anything that leads me to think the Bedford players were getting smashed, just unfortunately a mini collapse from circa 65 minutes is tarnishing Bedfords efforts a tad.
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:49
Originally posted by JohnLowe JohnLowe wrote:

As a Doncaster Knight’s supporter for over 50 seasons I would like to disassociate myself from some of the remarks by DonnyKnightsFan in the opening post of this thread. There have been some wonderful matches over the years between the relegated club and various championship clubs and DKF’s remarks are an insult to these clubs. I well remember, for instance, when we lost at Sixways to Worcester in the 8th minute of injury time. And what about Pirates great result a few weeks ago.
Totally agree John

And what a game that was, and no ways was that a penalty at 6 ways I was a few yards away and there was no offence, nor were there 8 minutes of stoppage time.....
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:50
Final whistle 54 - 13
Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 14:56
A hiding, but a long way from the record score.
Sweeney Delenda Est
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 15:11
There were a few more tries for the Blues for the taking, but ultimately the power and pace was too big. 
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 17:10
Originally posted by Pappashanga Pappashanga wrote:

They shouldn't have members of the playing clubs commentating. They talk as if the other team is just token opposition and it's all about them. I am technically a neutral but I'm becoming a Blues supporter for the afternoon.
Mark Best covered the Jersey v Donny match yesterday and was excellent imo. 
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 17:25
As were the Richmond players who commentated CC. But I found the Saracens commentators  very poor. The reason I suggested not having them is that you would have a standard.
pappashanga
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 17:26
Right, time to hold my hands up and admit a massive error in judgment. What I posted on reflection was wrong and I did not intend to offend any clubs. Having now looked at all of the reports of the game and the reaction to it, it is clear that Bedford did themselves proud today against Saracens and despite the score were competitive for the full 80 minutes. It was inappropriate to say that they shouldn’t have the chance of facing Sarries. The favourite v underdog dynamic is why we love sport. Also for the Bedford players and the players from all the other championship teams, the opportunity of pitting their wits against the likes of Maro Itoje, the Vunipola brothers and Owen Farrell (when fit) is a once-in a lifetime experience. Given all of that, I apologise for my post, it was inappropriate and a massive overreaction. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Monkey Magic View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 18:13
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

They shouldn't have members of the playing clubs commentating. They talk as if the other team is just token opposition and it's all about them. I am technically a neutral but I'm becoming a Blues supporter for the afternoon.
Mark Best covered the Jersey v Donny match yesterday and was excellent imo. 

Of the 3 sets of Commentators i heard on the streams this week the Harbury v Jersey guy(s) were head and shoulders above the others- knowing when to talk and when to stay quiet / follow the action takes a fair bit of practice plus a semblance of impartiality or balance makes it more enjoyable for the majority.
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 19:17

As were the Richmond players who commentated CC. But I found the Saracens commentators  very poor. The reason I suggested not having them is that you would have a standard.
It's probably down to experience of the player they use and the direction and guidance they get from the broadcaster. BBC local radio often have a player used as the backup commentator but they always have an experienced reporter leading. I regularly listen to Radio Cornwall who cover the Pirates matches and am happy to listen to the obvious bias - when I used to visit grounds to watch a match I always stood in the area where the home banter is most obvious. The best by far is the South Stand at KP, but the Newlyn End terrace in Penzance is a great spot as is the open terrace at Donny.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 19:46
And what a surprise the only championship news article on BBC News sport website - Saracens sweep aside Bedford 

Bloody BBC bias Angry
Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 21:54
I wonder what they’ll say if Ealing beat Saracens. Saracens suffer from hubris.
pappashanga
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 23:16

I wonder what they’ll say if Ealing beat Saracens. Saracens suffer from hubris.
Sarries are far too good to be affected by hubris.
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 07:12
LOL
isleonian View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 19:18
Sadly simply a totally different league
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 19:44
Same league - just simply a class above! 😂😂
Stalwart View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stalwart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 20:20
One of the main differences between the top Championship clubs and the Premiership relegated team is the dreaded parachute payment. If you gave Donny, Ealing, Pirates etc 5 or 6 million pounds to improve the strong squads they already have they would definitely be able to more than hold their own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic