National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Round 6 - (VI) Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 6 - (VI) Predictions
    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 19:44
Saturday 17th April:
Ealing v Jersey - 1.30pm
Bedford v Richmond - 3pm
Nottingham v Cornish Pirates - 3.15pm

Sunday 18th April:
Ampthill v Hartpury - 1pm
Doncaster v Saracens - 3pm
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 19:52
Predictions:
Ealing 5-1 Jersey - Having seen both line-ups this could be a lot closer than I first thought. Ealing should still have enough to win but won’t be a procession. 
Bedford 5-1 Richmond - Blues at home are usually very strong, they will want to make amends for their last outing at home which was the Jersey game. 
Nottingham 1-5 Cornish Pirates - Nottingham do seem to be improving a bit and Pirates have had two tough defeats recently. Will be a lot closer than we thought several weeks ago but CP should still have too much class.
Ampthill 4-1 Hartpury - low scoring game I think. Not much between these two teams.
Doncaster 5-2 Saracens - 2nd v 3rd in the table. Should be a great game between two very evenly matched teams with home advantage providing decisive...!.

Edited by Donnyknightfan - 16 Apr 2021 at 15:17
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 21:24
I can’t see anything other than a convincing win for Sarries, the pace and power shown today will be too much for Knights.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 21:26
Ealing 5-0 Jersey - Ealing's injury situation at flyhalf will bear keeping an eye on, but Luke Daniels seemed capable enough in the second half against Pirates. On the fast track at Vallis Way I can't see any other outcome.
Bedford 5-0 Richmond - Bedford probably better than the scoreline today indicated, and I think that they defend the slope.
Nottingham 0-5 Cornish Pirates - Pirates robbed of a lot of class by poor injury luck, but they should still have plenty to overcome the table proppers.
Ampthill 4-1 Hartpury - Ampthill often feel one good phase away from scoring, and I think they'll squeak a low-scoring win.
Doncaster 1-5 Saracens - Sarries took the pre-season match pretty decisively, and should have all of their internationals pending Owen Farrell's recent knock. I'll be rooting for Donny all the way, but don't see the win. I do think Sarries will let a few late tries slip through for the BP.
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 22:00
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

I can’t see anything other than a convincing win for Sarries, the pace and power shown today will be too much for Knights.

In the real world I agree with you, in the fantasy in my head you’re way off!. 
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 22:14
Originally posted by Donnyknightfan Donnyknightfan wrote:

Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

In the real world I agree with you, in the fantasy in my head you’re way off!. 

To be fair in my head I was thinking even with Saracens best team at a packed Goldington Road, we had a chance!

corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 09:41

Ealing 2-5 Jersey Given the injuries a strong Jersey squad well capable of causing an upset in this one. Should be rock solid in midfield with Cope/Kuki in tandem and good St Ouen's representation with Roy back at Loose Head. The bookies will favour Ealing but this could go either way so I'm going for Jersey.

Bedford 3-3  Richmond  This should be a cracking even contest a proper Championship game to relish 

Nottingham 1-5 Pirates Banker Pirates are a class act and still my outside bet for playoffs

Ampthill 4-1 Hartpury - Home advantage to give Amps the edge.

Donny 1-5 Sarries - Donny should keep their powder dry any points in this one will do nicely.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 16 Apr 2021 at 14:17
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:32
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Ealing (TBA) Jersey I'll wait to see Jersey's team selection before predicting this one - wish I could go to see it.

Bedford 3-3  Richmond  This should be a cracking even contest a proper Championship game to relish 

Nottingham 1-5 Pirates Banker Pirates are a class act and still my outside bet for playoffs

Ampthill 4-1 Hartpury - Home advantage to give Amps the edge.

Donny 1-5 Sarries - Donny should keep their powder dry any points in this one will do nicely.

Listening to the post match interview with Ben Ward, it was David Johnson  normally a 15  who was at fly half in cover for Craig Willis and Ealing have someone called 'Biller" on loan from Ulster as cover, so Jersey may be facing an Ealing team that are not at their best on attack.
kempstonblue View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kempstonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:51
Will Saturday 3pm kick offs be delayed? I understand a national minutes silence ahead of Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral is planned?
Looking forward to new beginnings.
Steve@Mose View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve@Mose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 13:32
Originally posted by kempstonblue kempstonblue wrote:

Will Saturday 3pm kick offs be delayed? I understand a national minutes silence ahead of Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral is planned?

According to UK government guidance: "The decision as to whether sporting fixtures continue to go ahead is at the discretion of organisers. Organisers may wish to consider using black armbands and observing a silence before matches are played."
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 14:19

One minute silences are hardly uncommon before rugby matches, and clubs had them this weekend
 The match is not formally delayed, but kicks off a minute late

Pappashanga View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pappashanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 16:01

Ealing v Jersey 5-0
Bedford v Richmond 1- 4
Nottingham v Cornish Pirates 5-0
Ampthill v Hartpury 4- 1
Doncaster v Saracens 0-5
pappashanga
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 16:08

There are likely to be some minor tweaks, details being finalised...
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 16:54
But all footy matches have changed ko times to avoid, not the minutes silence, but the funeral itself. Most EFL matches are kicking off at 12.30. I can't see rugby being any different

Edited by Thatbloke - 12 Apr 2021 at 16:55
marigold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marigold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 18:17
Champ matches ko times will change to avoid clashing with the funeral. They will not take place between between 1445 and 1615.
Welshie7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 18:21
Ealing v Jersey 5-0 No hangover after Cornwall win

Bedford v Richmond 4-1 It will depend if Bedford can win enough ball from Mond pack

Nottingham v Cornish Pirates 0-5 Pirates back to winning ways against struggling Notts

Ampthill v Hartpury 4- 1 could go either way so going with home advantage 

Doncaster v Saracens 0-5 Sarries to put down a marker for the league and a ‘warning’ shot to Ealing.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 18:41
Revised times as a result of the funeral, now confirmed on Championship channels and by clubs:

Saturday 17th April:
Ealing v Jersey - 1.30pm - NOW 1pm
Bedford v Richmond - 3pm - NOW 4.15pm
Nottingham v Cornish Pirates - 3.15pm - NOW 12.30pm
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 19:03

Jersey will move into Stage 5 of the Reconnection roadmap from Monday, 12 April meaning further easing of restrictions, including new guidance for physical distancing, working from home and gathering limits.

Key changes:

• No limit on the number of people at controlled events, such as weddings
  • 20 people can now attend informal gatherings in people's homes or public places such as beaches
  • No limit on participants or spectators at events such as sport or theatre events
  • 2m physical distancing no longer law, but 2m recommended where possible, 1m minimum
  • Working from home no longer default model, new guidance supports return to work
  • Masks must still be worn by public in indoor places, plus contact details provided in some venues
The foregoing is directly copied from the Jersey Government website and how it is interpreted is clearly a matter for organisers of sports events. I would encourage everyone to check with clubs and organisers how its being applied in practice before booking any flights or incurring expense. Just because the rules allow something doesn't mean it will actually happen.

Edited by corporalcarrot - 13 Apr 2021 at 10:36
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:43
Here is my pennyworth so you can guarantee the complete opposites might happen:

Ealing 5-0 Jersey. Basically, for this shortened season, Ealing will romp every game with the probable exception of Saracens.
Bedford 4-1 Richmond. A battle of two sides trying to find some rhythm.
Nottingham 0-5 Cornish Pirates. An away win for what I believe is the third best team in the league.
Ampthill 5-0 Hartpury. Apart from the Ealing loss, Ampthill have been in with a chance of winning every game they have played. And this is a game they will target.
Doncaster 0-5 Saracens. I think Saracens will win. I think they will score at least 4 tries. And I don't think they will concede 4 tries.
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 16:14

Ealing           5 - 0      Jersey

Bedford          1 - 4      Richmond

Nottingham       0 - 5      Cornish Pirates

Ampthill         4 - 1      Hartpury

Doncaster        0 - 5      Saracens

One Club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic