National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2020/21 Championship - Round 7 (VII)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 15:27
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Sarries 3-3  Ealing -Hope I'm wrong as this would essentially kill the league as a contest

Would it? It would mean Ealing (33pts if this result came to pass) would almost certainly be uncatchable, but since the league is about finishing in the top two to reach the PO, it could be pretty interesting below that.

Donny might reasonably hope to get a win at Richmond and move to 26pts, with Pirates likely to get max points at home to Amps, that would mean:

2. Donny 26
3. Pirates 25
4. Sarries 23 and a game-in-hand

That would still leave Sarries probably having to win their last 4 games and vulnerable to be knocked out of contention if they were to slip up... so still quite a bit of interest I'd say
Mathematically you are correct but although my poor quality predictions are well known I expect Sarries to win all of their remaining regular season games and with the game in hand potentially pushing them up to 28 points. If Ealing gain no points against Sarries their home match with Donny in May could be really important. Sarries and Ealing have been favourites for the playoffs since all this started but if Donny or Pirates can take one of the places instead that would be brilliant in this corner of St Ouen.
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
B Cap View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Cap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 15:57
Pressure all on Saracens now though, they have to win. If they don't take a point, after this week Donny might be looking at some easy 5 pointers in their remaining 3 games against opposition with nothing really to play for (Except to condemn Sarries to another year in the Championship, that is..)
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 16:23
Hartpury 1 - 4 Coventry - close game, cov to edge it
Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 Ampthill - Pirates to win comfortably 
Jersey 5 - 0 Nottingham - Gonna keep on predicting Nottingham to lose each week. Jersey to put on a show for their fans 
Richmond 0 - 5 Doncaster - Richmond looked poor on Saturday 
Saracens 5 - 0 Ealing - Closer than the 5-0 suggests. Ealing to run them close for 60, but Saracens to win by about 10 and score 4 tries
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 16:41

There'll be spectators at the Reds v Nottingham game this w/e

Got my ticket!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 17:09
Lucky chap
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
maire23 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maire23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 21:35
Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Jersey 5 - 0 Nottingham - Gonna keep on predicting Nottingham to lose each week. 

One of these days we might just shock you and win! 
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 08:11

There'll be spectators at the Reds v Nottingham game this w/e<div id="ypm-extension" ="ypm-extension"="">

<font size="7">Got my ticket!

Me too!!
Am I correct in thinking that this will be the first competitive game played in the British Isles with fans present since the first lockdown?
If so, coming on the back of the Lions pre-tour training announcement, rugby is alive in Jersey!! We just need to take that into our games now.
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 08:23
It seems like an obvious choice to have that first run out with spectators - with a population of just over 100k access to the island can be controlled relatively easily. You can fit 1000 supporters in and maintain decent distance between bubbles. I hope everything works out really well and it continues for you folk.

On a side note: Will the Lions be training at Stade Santander? Using your facilities?

Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:31
Originally posted by maire23 maire23 wrote:

Originally posted by Bluesman11 Bluesman11 wrote:

Jersey 5 - 0 Nottingham - Gonna keep on predicting Nottingham to lose each week. 

One of these days we might just shock you and win! 

Almost certainly against Bedford!
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:46
Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that this will be the first competitive game played in the British Isles with fans present since the first lockdown?

Nearly Brizz - there were a couple of Prem games that had small crowds last Sept before things started to turn back in the wrong direction, and Guernsey had a match against Douglas (IoM) last August. But no other games that I'm aware of = exciting!
Brizzer View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:35

Originally posted by Brizzer Brizzer wrote:

Β 

<div id="ypm-extension" ="ypm-extension">

Nearly Brizz - there were a couple of Prem games that had small crowds last Sept before things started to turn back in the wrong direction, and Guernsey had a match against Douglas (IoM) last August. But no other games that I'm aware of = exciting!

Thanks Islander, although I'm not sure that I would class Guernsey - Douglas as competitive
As you say, exciting....and some!

CPK, thanks for your good wishes. This could be seen as a pilot for other games/sports and as you say, it is easier to control being on an island.

Re the Lions, my understanding is that they will do much of their training at the Stade, but there is also a brand new facility being built next to the club called Strive and from what I am told, it will be state of the art...certainly enough to interest Warren G. This should be open next month....really exciting times and frustrating at the same time
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 13:13
Given the paucity of flights coming to and from Jersey at the moment (there are a total of 3 today including the mail plane) I assume Nottingham will arrange a day trip using a Charter from East Midlands. I wonder if they are bringing any supporters and how the match officials are getting here.
KnightsBoy View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightsBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 13:34

Given the paucity of flights coming to and from Jersey at the moment (there are a total of 3 today including the mail plane) I assume Nottingham will arrange a day trip using a Charter from East Midlands. I wonder if they are bringing any supporters and how the match officials are getting here.

Coming with Nottingham  CC πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
All the Way View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote All the Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 15:36
Hartpury 1 - 4 Coventry
Cornish Pirates 5 - 0 Ampthill
Jersey 5 - 0 Nottingham
Richmond 1 - 4 Doncaster 
Saracens 5 - 1 Ealing
Old Gold View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 15:39
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

Are these predictions done on a typewriter?

Usually c&p from Word. Then RM plays silly bu88ers with spacing. Can’t be ar5ed to edit. 

Thank you for your concern. LOLWink
One Club
Thatbloke View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 17:19
Hartpury 1 Coventry 5
Pirates 5 Ampthill 1
Jersey 5 Nottingham 1
Richmond 0 Doncaster 5
Saracens 5 Ealing 0
LJ from Roth View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJ from Roth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 17:52
Hartpury 4 Coventry 1
Pirates 4 Ampthill 1
Jersey 5 Nottingham 1
Richmond 0 Doncaster 5
Saracens 4 Ealing 1

Edited by LJ from Roth - 23 Apr 2021 at 06:59
kingsheathlad View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsheathlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 06:51
Hartpury 4 Coventry 1.
Pirates 4 Ampthill 1.
Jersey 4 Nottingham 1.
Richmond 1 Doncaster 4.
Saracens 1 Ealing 4.πŸ‘
Cauliflower ear.
Scrumtime View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 07:25
Hartpury 1 Coventry 4
Pirates 5 Ampthill 1.
Jersey 5 Nottingham 0
Richmond  0 Doncaster 5
Saracens 5 Ealing 1

World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 11:40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic