National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

2020-21 Championship - Round 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runitback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 17:28
I thought Richmond were really gutsy and squandered so many chances in Ealing 22, but ultimately a fully professional squad showed the disaparities  in this league between top three and the rest. If Richmond can keep this squad and add a couple more they will be a solid Championship team.

Why have Ealing spent so much money over the years but never quite enough, they seem to have spent the money well this year but will be pipped by a tam full of Lions!!! I hope they expand Prem to take Ealing up too, they have the resources . . more so than NF and WW.
Run with it
OldNick View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 18:17
Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Originally posted by OldNick OldNick wrote:

Has anyone seen a list of referee's for this weekend? 
Referee’s what?
Flipping autocorrect. ;-)

Today seemed to be the day for officials, particularly ARs being directly sworn at. Disgusting 'football player' behaviour by players in one particular incident where they 'pointed out' a technical offense at a penalty which led to a try being awarded by the referee by rushing up to and swearing at the AR closest to the offense.

I can understand that with empty grounds the regular swearing is much more obvious than usual. I know that during this match the commentary team had to apologises regularly for sweating coming through on the streaming sound from on pitch. That is irritating, but it is not what I am complaining about here.

It is that players gained advantage by swearing at officials, and were not punished or even reprimanded Wink for doing so.

islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 18:49
Nottingham 0 Sarries 28 early in 2nd half (according to BBC Sport website)

Enjoyed the Reds' win at Ampthill today having been lucky enough to be on the list as a visiting official. It was a competitive contest almost throughout until the visitors stretched their lead in the closing stages and grabbed a BP with the last play. Reds looking more dangerous in attack than during early games in season, and a robust defence which pressured Ampthill into handling mistakes or penalty concessions which together prevented them from scoring more than their two tries...
corporalcarrot View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corporalcarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 18:58
Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Enjoyed the Reds' win at Ampthill today having been lucky enough to be on the list as a visiting official.
Buy a lottery ticket mate lucky is not the word you were blessed. Howay Hartpury nothing really riding on the match on 22 May would it be a really daft idea to play in Jersey and invite your fans to see it?
Dont kick it. Pick it up and GO FORWARD.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 19:02
Nott 0 Sar 49 with 13min left
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 19:09

Originally posted by cheshire exile cheshire exile wrote:

Has anyone seen a list of referee's for this weekend? 
Referee’s what?
Flipping autocorrect. ;-)

Today seemed to be the day for officials, particularly ARs being directly sworn at. Disgusting 'football player' behaviour by players in one particular incident where they 'pointed out' a technical offense at a penalty which led to a try being awarded by the referee by rushing up to and swearing at the AR closest to the offense.

I can understand that with empty grounds the regular swearing is much more obvious than usual. I know that during this match the commentary team had to apologises regularly for sweating coming through on the streaming sound from on pitch. That is irritating, but it is not what I am complaining about here.

It is that players gained advantage by swearing at officials, and were not punished or even reprimanded Wink for doing so.

Then not only are the players at fault but also the officials.  I watched Matthew Carly referee last week and he made it very clear how he expected to be spoken to.  
The thought of sweating coming through the streaming doesn't bear thinking of thoughDead
Woody View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 19:31
56-0 FT
I will take that as had expected three figures.
Forever Green.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 20:10
Originally posted by corporalcarrot corporalcarrot wrote:

Originally posted by islander islander wrote:

Enjoyed the Reds' win at Ampthill today having been lucky enough to be on the list as a visiting official.
Buy a lottery ticket mate lucky is not the word you were blessed. Howay Hartpury nothing really riding on the match on 22 May would it be a really daft idea to play in Jersey and invite your fans to see it?

Hartpury v Jersey, and other games in rounds 10/11, should be able to be played with spectators, all being well...
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 13:53
HT Knights (2 tries) 12 - 19 (3 tries) Blues

The first 20 mins was pretty much all Blues, with Knights having the ball for about 1 minute. Blues have been dominant in the 1st half.

Knights from the scraps they have had have done well with it, in particular their box kicking has worked well for them. Knights have done well to keep the score to just 7 different.

Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 13:53
Ht Doncaster 12-19 Bedford. Doncaster score with last play for the half. Think the score line flatters Donny a bit, Bedford have dominated the match but may well pay at the end for not being further ahead.
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 13:56
Bedford deserve the lead. Top 20 minutes at the beginning - we started to come back after that.

Donny better play better in the second half or we are deep in it
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:28
Originally posted by castleparknight castleparknight wrote:

Bedford deserve the lead. Top 20 minutes at the beginning - we started to come back after that.

Donny better play better in the second half or we are deep in it

keep us posted please! Big smile
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:42
The rain has come and so have Knights!

Knights 20 - 19 Blues

Think it has stopped.

Blues have been turning down 3 point options which could decide the outcome.

Edited by The Blues - 02 May 2021 at 14:44
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:47
Knights score their 2nd 14 man maul of the 2nd half and the match with 2 mins to play.

Knights (BP) 27 - 19 (3 tries) Blues
Bigbluepip View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbluepip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:52
A few decisions going Knights way, but they’ve comeback well, Bedford look flat this half, not really threatened much, a fair result, but could have gone the other way too, Bedford deserved something from it.
I want you all to line up in a circle and pair up in three's alphabetically by height.
The Blues View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:52
FT Knights (5) 27 - 19 (0) Blues

Blues will be disappointed but I think the signs are positive for next season.
Donnyknightfan View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnyknightfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:54
Originally posted by The Blues The Blues wrote:

Knights score their 2nd 14 man maul of the 2nd half and the match with 2 mins to play.

Knights (BP) 27 - 19 (3 tries) Blues

I have to say even though we won the referee was atrocious all game. I felt he favoured Donny for a lot of the match. I say that as a Donny fan, i think we deserved to win in the end but Blues deserved a point. 
Donny Knights - best team in Yorkshire
Bluesman11 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:56
I’ve got no idea how we’ve managed to lose that 5-0.

Doncaster the better team 2nd half. As I predicted at half time, blues should’ve been further ahead at half time and that it would probably cost us and so it proved as Doncaster turned their 2nd half advantage into points. Blues also kept turning down kickable opportunities when 1 point down with 10 mins left for reasons I don’t quite understand given we’ve scored about 1 maul try all season. Yellow cards and injuries at the end didn’t help as we ended up with a host of players playing out of position.
Championship Prediction League Winner 11/12
Bedfordian View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedfordian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:58
Bedford couldn’t get any momentum when the replacement giant props came on. Much taller than their opponents and penalised for “leaning”. Not sure what you’re meant to do in that case! Just muscled out of it with rolling mauls which is standard for Bedford these days but considering all that thought it shows the new players are gelling and getting better week by week. Remember this team only started playing together a week or two before the season started 
No 7 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:59
Two pick and go forwards trys  by Bedford Blues. I think the first one was illegal with a three man flying wedge prior to any contact. Enjoyable game for a neutral and worth the £10.
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic