National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playoffs
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:07
I've read in the Rugby Paper this week that apparently the 1st playoff game is due to be on something called Premier Sports, and the 2nd playoff game is due to be on BT Sports. Not sure why they would be on different channels. I'll do my all to get tickets to be there in person, but does this mean that the streaming options won't be available? Also, do the clubs get any revenue from the TV deal?

Would love anyone in the know to comment.
Capt Sparrow View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner
Cornish Pirates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:47
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

I've read in the Rugby Paper this week that apparently the 1st playoff game is due to be on something called Premier Sports, and the 2nd playoff game is due to be on BT Sports. Not sure why they would be on different channels. I'll do my all to get tickets to be there in person, but does this mean that the streaming options won't be available? Also, do the clubs get any revenue from the TV deal?

I shouldn't think so. BT deal is  for the PRL. Hell last time we were on SKY we had to pay £10,000.00 to hire floodlights for SKY to show the game.
isleonian View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 18:29
Just stick to the livestream which has done us so very well!
castleparknight View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleparknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 20:49
Originally posted by gerg_861 gerg_861 wrote:

I am sure I can arrange for you to get a ticket at Castle Park Greg
Onward and Upwards C'mon Donny!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic