National League Rugby Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > League Rugby - www.leaguerugby.co.uk > The Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMPORTANT Remember to read the rules of the board and abide by them when posting.

Saracens vs. Ampthill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saracens vs. Ampthill
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:11
Apparently the fixture has been moved to Monday night to allow supporters to attend. Hope other clubs follow suit.

Camquin View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:57
They obviously feel that they need support from a home crowd.
Sweeney Delenda Est
Cherub View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 17:19
Brilliant news all round. Not sure how many fans will be allowed in but the more the merrier. The Ampthill lads will need all the help they can get and a live crowd, albeit Saracen-heavy, will stoke up the andrenalin massively for what is without a doubt the biggest competitive match in Ampthill's history. It's a shame it is taking place 200 miles south from where I live.
isleonian View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isleonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 18:30
Go on Ampthill, you can do it!
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 18:33
Originally posted by Cherub Cherub wrote:

Brilliant news all round. Not sure how many fans will be allowed in but the more the merrier. The Ampthill lads will need all the help they can get and a live crowd, albeit Saracen-heavy, will stoke up the andrenalin massively for what is without a doubt the biggest competitive match in Ampthill's history. It's a shame it is taking place 200 miles south from where I live.

2000 allowed in apparently
Raider999 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 19:30

Football is limited to the lower of 10,000 or 25% capacity - see no reason Rugby shouldn't be the same.

Interestingly, football has decided to exclude away fans.

Edited by Raider999 - 05 May 2021 at 19:31
RAID ON
Whistle watcher View Drop Down
First XV regular
First XV regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whistle watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 07:46
If there's 2000 allowed in at Saracens, perhaps we'll be allowed a similar number at Coventry the week after, which would be good.
oneagainstthehead View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneagainstthehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:37
Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Football is limited to the lower of 10,000 or 25% capacity - see no reason Rugby shouldn't be the same.

Capacity at Saracens is significantly reduced due to redevelopment. 2000 probably is 25% of current capacity.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick.
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:04
Originally posted by Whistle watcher Whistle watcher wrote:

If there's 2000 allowed in at Saracens, perhaps we'll be allowed a similar number at Coventry the week after, which would be good.
Little to no chance I feel.
I'm guessing 50 percent of seated capacity as an absolute maximum, so maybe around 1400 (check with Eric though as I'm not certain what the current capacity of the stand is since removal of seats from the original circa just under 3000).
Wouldn't be surprised if it's only 1000 to 1200 though.
At least they are saying that us ST holders get priority, so I'm hopeful!
Our City,
Our Club
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:05
And, apparently, we might know next Tuesday.
Our City,
Our Club
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:23
Originally posted by oneagainstthehead oneagainstthehead wrote:

Originally posted by Raider999 Raider999 wrote:

Capacity at Saracens is significantly reduced due to redevelopment. 2000 probably is 25% of current capacity.

Trying to find out ground capacities for anything other than football is, predictably, difficult.  A lot of football clubs would be regarded as large venues and would fall into the 10,000 or 25% (whichever is lower) category.

As far as I can see however, pending an update on May 10th, smaller venues will be allowed 4,000 or 50%, whichever is lower.  I'm guessing seating arrangements etc will also be taken into account so that number may be lower.

I think 'large venue' is defined as 16,000 or more so the Stone X capacity being capped as 2,000 must be down to redevelopment as you say...
Robb View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:56
I was hoping this fixture was reversed so we'd see the future Lions of Farrell and Itoje running through the woods. But still great that fans will be able to get in.
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 13:43
I had a mail through from Ealing's ticket department to say that they are currently unsure if they are allowed to allow standing spectators, so still some bits in the air I think.
Rob C View Drop Down
British and Irish Lion
British and Irish Lion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 14:18
Update from Cov is that they are:

'liaising closely with the city’s Safety Advisory Group and all other relevant authorities and are awaiting full guidance from the Government before tickets go on sale'.

So no decision until after the 11th.
islander View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 16:09
Seems to be a mixed approach - Nottingham and Blues have already flagged up that there'll be some spectators at their final home games...
Cov kid 42 View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cov kid 42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 16:20
Cov v Saracens will have a gate, remembering it will be a 5pm kick offSmile
John Butler
Mickyboy View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 16:05
E Mail from Bedford Blues yesterday crowd via Ampthill will be limited to 1500 mixture of standing and seated Masks must be worn at all time. Tickets limited to 19/20 season ticket holders and sponsors 
Kimbo View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 16:32
Originally posted by Mickyboy Mickyboy wrote:

E Mail from Bedford Blues yesterday crowd via Ampthill will be limited to 1500 mixture of standing and seated Masks must be worn at all time. Tickets limited to 19/20 season ticket holders and sponsors 
Interesting that there'll be some standing.
Perhaps I need to up my estimate for the BPA then.
Our City,
Our Club
Mickyboy View Drop Down
First XV squad
First XV squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 17:49
gerg_861 View Drop Down
World Cup Winner
World Cup Winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerg_861 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 15:46
Insane weather right now in West London (about 7 miles as the crow flies from Stone-X) with Lightning, torrential rain, and hail. Funny things can happen in awful weather.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic